Transfer Teacher [released]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#31 Post by Megaman Z »

keep track of what your name is for the only required password. the black password you recieve at the end of the first half of the game (if you're on the right path) is only there for loading the game and making things easier.
(even if you know the two parts of the password, it may take two tries to nail it!)
~Kitsune Zeta

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#32 Post by mikey »

ChaoticAtomBomb>> ... or you can PM me if you don't know how to continue, describe where you are and I'll help.

(darn, TT is breaking all records with help PMs...) :(

ChaoticAtomBomb

#33 Post by ChaoticAtomBomb »

...just beat game with love ending....wanted to smack myself for not getting past the firs part! was off by one choice!

pretty good....nice job! just getting into these types of games. (a far cry from my usual RTS and Ghost Recon). liked river trap too...

Tyciol

#34 Post by Tyciol »

I too am having large problems with this...

Okay so is the other part a title or something? There are so many though... like San, Sensei.... how should we know? I just get the white password ending, and I didn't notice any colours... *tries again*

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#35 Post by mikey »

How should you know?... I guess from the second story...
So did you play both stories? If yes (or if you're too desperate anyway), PM me and I'll give you some hints. Also try downloading the password hint file on http://www.manga.sk/atp/tt/tt.htm

Tyciol!

#36 Post by Tyciol! »

Yes... so do you use the white password hint to start the second story, or do you get into that by answering the questions right?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#37 Post by mikey »

Tyciol! wrote:Yes... so do you use the white password hint to start the second story, or do you get into that by answering the questions right?
The latter. The pws are as follows:

SPOILER! wrote:
black pw - you'll get that in the "Hiroka respect" path (yellow), it advances you to the second story and gives you the option of loading the game (the second story) with it.

blue pw - you'll get that in the "Lai respect" path, it will enable you to advance in the "Hiroka love" (green) path.

white pw - the key to the story, you'll be required to input this before both love true endings "Hiroka love" or "Lai love"

All other paths will give you white password hints.

Feel free to ask more if that wasn't any help. If you want the specific choices for a path, you'll have to PM me though, that would be too much revealing it all here. :wink:

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Xarbia wrote:Let me start with the obvious: the adult jokes. I have to say they seem a bit unrealistic to me. It might be because English is not my native language, but there were times I was just reading the text and not noticing anything special, and then the music would change and when I read the text carefully again, indeed there maybe was probably a possibility to interpret the words in some strange twisted way to form an adult reference. But I don't believe I would have noticed if the game had not pointed them out for me, so I find it a bit weird to see all the characters in the game instantly react to it
The adult jokes use a lot of slang that most non-native speakers would probably be unfamiliar with- one of them I didn't even know about until recently- though that's probably because I'm a little sheltered ^_^ Suffice it to say, most of them are really obvious. I liked the fact that the music changed for each of the jokes. I think it perfectly compounds with what the player is thinking ("Oh my gosh- she did NOT just say that") at just the right time.
I haven't finished the game yet- I've only gotten the same ending several times in a row, so I'll hold off on giving a review.

I did have a question for Mikey though... Why did you use "J-language" and "J-country" instead of Japanese, and Japan?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#39 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, feel free to ask for hints though, there's so many who got stuck...

SPOILER: It's really less than half of the story...

I used J-Country and J-Language because I didn't want to use Japan and Japanese. All my games are in a fictional world and I like to refer to places or events from the previous ones. Mostly it was because I wanted to have the freedom - not being bound by actual J-geography and J-tradition so to speak.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#40 Post by chronoluminaire »

I thought that might be the case. But you kinda made that harder to believe by including a few words of actual Japanese. That's clearly Japanese, no question about it, and so not calling it such seemed bit odd. (I admittedly also only speak from the first section of the game - 64-part trial and error isn't my thing, and the interface isn't too compatible with my RSI)

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Chronoluminaire wrote:But you kinda made that harder to believe by including a few words of actual Japanese. That's clearly Japanese, no question about it, and so not calling it such seemed bit odd
Yeah, it did seem odd... Anytime I thought that maybe it wasn't Japan, I remembered the use of "sensei" and "san". But it wasn't a big deal.
mikey wrote:All my games are in a fictional world and I like to refer to places or events from the previous ones
Yeah, I noticed the Black Pencil reference in River Trap. I think it's cool to see stuff like that, cause it gives the devoted fans a little extra ^_^

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#42 Post by mikey »

ShiraiJunichi wrote: Yeah, it did seem odd... Anytime I thought that maybe it wasn't Japan, I remembered the use of "sensei" and "san". But it wasn't a big deal.
But it was Hiroka who said -san, because it's her language. And Lee used the term sensei to be a little empathic with her. (quote: "I know they call their teachers "sensei")

Chrono, Shirai >> just PM me - after so many tries...

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#43 Post by mikey »

Due to more requests, I have uploaded an almost complete walkthrough for Transfer Teacher. It will get you past the one critical point many people get stuck in.

http://atp.manga.sk/tt/tthalfwalk.zip

Too_nice

#44 Post by Too_nice »

Hey Mikey,

I think TT is a good game and I did finished once with Hiroko's "good" ending after trying to figure out the respect aspect of the game...

I recently played it again and went to Lai's good ending, but I am not too sure what happened... near the end...

Part spoiler
After you got on the train and went thru the story it went white

Did I went too fast and the story did not caught up for my machine to process the story?

Part Spoiler
It went white and went to the ending credits

just wondering?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#45 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, that's strange... it might be remotely possible you accidentaly pressed one of the secret shortcuts that skips scenes, however I still son't know why the screen should be white... It may have something to do with your color resolution (it shoule be at least 16-bit), but even that seems highly unlikely. :?

If you have a slower machine and you just held the [->] rightarrow button pressed down, that might be a reason, it just catches up whenever the computer is slow, but you'd have to have held that button for quite some time. ^_^

The obvious answer is though, try to go slower this time. If Hiroka's ending worked, there is no reason why Lai's ending shouldn't. Anyway, good luck and let us know if you find something more about this, or resolve the thing. Thanks for playing!