[NaNoReNo09] pXt

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Jake
Support Hero

Re: [NaNoReNo09] pXt

#61 Post by Jake »

JQuartz wrote: I'll use the following method to determine if it's tragic or not.
So if tragicness and happiness are equal, the poison flask breaks and you're dead when they open the box?
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#62 Post by JQuartz »

Jake wrote:So if tragicness and happiness are equal
I think I'll still classify it as tragic though. The method is just my way to determine if I want to watch/read the story or not (if tragic don't watch. if happy, okay to watch). It doesn't mean it is really tragic/happy for the general audience, just for me.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#63 Post by PyTom »

JQuartz wrote:

Code: Select all

if happiness>>tragicness:

I'm just curious about what it means to right-shift happiness by tragicness bits.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#64 Post by JQuartz »

PyTom wrote:I'm just curious about what it means to right-shift happiness by tragicness bits.
I thought >> means more than. The code I wanted to make was if happiness more than tragicness...
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#65 Post by Asceai »

Just one > would suffice for that.

happiness>>tragicness shows that tragicness has quite a profound negative effect on happiness.

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#66 Post by JQuartz »

Asceai wrote:Just one > would suffice for that.
Oh I see. I had always used >> as more than. No wonder it doesn't work. (I ended using if variable>=value + 1)

Jake
Support Hero

#67 Post by Jake »

JQuartz wrote: I thought >> means more than.
In maths, "x > y" means "x is more than y", and "x >> y" means "x is more than y by a very large degree" - usually orders of magnitude.

In a lot of programming languages, however, since "a very large degree" is a rather fluffy and inprecise term and hard to define specifically, they don't have that meaning. Instead, just to be confusing, "x >> y" means "shift x right by y bits". So "x >> 1" basically has the same effect as "x / 2"; similarly "x << 3" is the same as "x * 8".
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#68 Post by JQuartz »

How is this related to pXt? -_-!
Off topic post:
Jake wrote:In maths, "x > y" means "x is more than y", and "x >> y" means "x is more than y by a very large degree" - usually orders of magnitude.
I forgotten about that. Too many years since the last time I've studied maths.
Jake wrote:Instead, just to be confusing
Yup, you succeeded. I'm confused.

Kanari
Regular

#69 Post by Kanari »

This is seriously awesome. x3
I was a little confused in the beginning, though. >___________<;

Esphirisa
Regular

#70 Post by Esphirisa »

Haha, what a coincidence. I happen to be learning A Midsummer Night's Dream this year. I never thought, not even in my dreams, that I would see a KN of that. The gender bender added a little humor, but somehow the play failed to make me laugh like a comedy(yes, I know it's supposed to be a tragedy, but with the way the workmen performed it...) should. Bottom wasn't as funny as he was supposed to be...? Well, at least to me.