Border of her Heart - VN about border control

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Tuomo_L
Completed: Save Your Mother, Strangers of the Power
Organization: Tuomo's games

Border of her Heart - VN about border control

#1 Post by Tuomo_L »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/79568 ... her_Heart/

Or if you prefer it, it's on Itch.Io too

https://tuomol.itch.io/border-of-her-heart

Release date

February 14th

Price 0,99$

About

Border of her Heart is a VN about a town that recently had plague outbreak. With the quarantine lifted, you are tasked to work on the morning shift at the border and choosing who gets to enter or not. Because of the recent epidemic, you are short on both supplies and manpowers and have to pick only the best candidate and have to make choices who you let in. But beware, as not everyone is who they claim...

This is a game where you guard the border gate that leads to a town. People want to enter, some want to leave. You can only let in two people each day but some special events may change this. After each work day, you can socialize with the people that are inside and pursue relationships. Some of the characters have multiple outfits.

Screenshots

https://imgur.com/a/MLI7X
Last edited by Tuomo_L on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tuomo_L

Re: Border of her Heart - VN about border control

#3 Post by Tuomo_L »

The game has been such a great success that I'm giving a special reward to you all, it's a free full HD DLC and everyone who buys the game gets access to it.

txqina
Regular

#4 Post by txqina »

It's a short game with simple functionality and no extras, but OK for the price.
A walkthrough would be nice as the game description doesn't make it clear who is romanceable, for example Mehenilda.

GOOD
- Nice graphics
- Low cost
- Voice acting
- Helewisa route was sexy yet amusing
- Side plot of conspiracy in the town
- Working on fixing bugs post release

BAD
- A few bugs (cheating on Helewisa still gives an endless loop in version 1.0.2)

UGLY
- Proofreading could be better
- Narrator pronounces some of the character names differently to what they do. As the narrator is just a story mechanism, not another character, the continuity error can't be explained away by the character's accent or origin.

Tuomo_L

#5 Post by Tuomo_L »

txqina wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:15 pm It's a short game with simple functionality and no extras, but OK for the price.
A walkthrough would be nice as the game description doesn't make it clear who is romanceable, for example Mehenilda.

GOOD
- Nice graphics
- Low cost
- Voice acting
- Helewisa route was sexy yet amusing
- Side plot of conspiracy in the town
- Working on fixing bugs post release

BAD
- A few bugs (cheating on Helewisa still gives an endless loop in version 1.0.2)

UGLY
- Proofreading could be better
- Narrator pronounces some of the character names differently to what they do. As the narrator is just a story mechanism, not another character, the continuity error can't be explained away by the character's accent or origin.
Thanks from the feedback, I thought that I caught the cheating bug. Who did you cheat with and on what day, to help me better pinpoint what's causing this to still occur?

And yeah, sorry about the grammar issues. English is my third language, I'm trying my best.

These are the ones you can begin serious relationships and will appear in the ending

- Agmar
- Helewisa
- Stephen
- Thiphania (But only as a promise when she'll grow up)
- Yggraine

txqina
Regular

#6 Post by txqina »

Tuomo_L wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:20 pm
Thanks from the feedback, I thought that I caught the cheating bug. Who did you cheat with and on what day, to help me better pinpoint what's causing this to still occur?

And yeah, sorry about the grammar issues. English is my third language, I'm trying my best.

These are the ones you can begin serious relationships and will appear in the ending

- Agmar
- Helewisa
- Stephen
- Yggraine
I was trying to cheat with Angmar on Day 4. I spoke to her and Helewisa on Day 1 then Helewisa only on days 2 and 3.
The exact problem is that after selecting the "Cheat" option rather than "Platonic friendship", the option "KIss her some more" keeps coming up again after you have already selected that.

The language issues are minor, it is still easy to understand the story, but having a proofreader would be helpful. I noted that in one sentence Yggraine's name appears as Yggrasil instead. I believe this is your first game, so overall it is a good effort in terms of the scope you tackled.

Thanks for the list of romance candidates. I haven't tried Yggraine yet, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a way to get Menehilda as I tried multiple times.

Tuomo_L

#7 Post by Tuomo_L »

txqina wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:07 am
Tuomo_L wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:20 pm

- Agmar
- Helewisa
- Stephen
- Yggraine
I was trying to cheat with Angmar on Day 4. I spoke to her and Helewisa on Day 1 then Helewisa only on days 2 and 3.
The exact problem is that after selecting the "Cheat" option rather than "Platonic friendship", the option "KIss her some more" keeps coming up again after you have already selected that.

The language issues are minor, it is still easy to understand the story, but having a proofreader would be helpful. I noted that in one sentence Yggraine's name appears as Yggrasil instead. I believe this is your first game, so overall it is a good effort in terms of the scope you tackled.

Thanks for the list of romance candidates. I haven't tried Yggraine yet, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a way to get Menehilda as I tried multiple times.
Thanks, I'll look into this.

It's not my first game but it's my first VN, it was very different from anything I've ever done before (such as Strangers of the Power) and I learnt a lot from doing this. People seem to have liked it and I had a lot of fun making it, so I'll definetly make more in future.

Mehenilda isn't an option because she comes so late game, but she's the last way to get a good ending if you've not gotten to that state before by the crystal destroying.

Tuomo_L

#8 Post by Tuomo_L »

Hello, I hope you're all fine. I'm sorry for bumping this topic but the game has had various updates but none as huge as the new version 1.1 update.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/795680 ... 6103411158

If you've not yet tried the game, now is a great chance to give it a try.

Reading_Steiner

#9 Post by Reading_Steiner »

I'll make sure to give it a try, I clicked doubtfully expecting a satirical/caricatural VN about Mexicans at the southern US border with red hats and AR-15s, but it's radically different; the artstyle reminds me of the anime GATE. What I've read about it is definitely interesting, and if I like it, I'll have a look at your other VNs as well!