Valentines otome [GxB][VN][Romance Dating Sim]Walkthrough guide now available

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
caibanh

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN][Romance Dating Sim]

#16 Post by caibanh »

It's very strange that she isn't showing up as this is the first we've heard of such a thing. Is she invisible if you start from the character selection as well?
Can you try press Shift+G and toggle some options there? You'll need to restart the game each time to see if it helps.
Alternatively if you're using fullscreen mode, can you try shifting to windowed?
You can also try updating your graphics card drivers and seeing if that helps.
Yes, I could see her sprite now! Thank you!
When I try other option I see her sprite but the game lag so badly and I couldn't play at all, but thank god the last option work!

Kyonda

#17 Post by Kyonda »

caibanh wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:34 am
It's very strange that she isn't showing up as this is the first we've heard of such a thing. Is she invisible if you start from the character selection as well?
Can you try press Shift+G and toggle some options there? You'll need to restart the game each time to see if it helps.
Alternatively if you're using fullscreen mode, can you try shifting to windowed?
When I try other option I see her sprite but the game lag so badly and I couldn't play at all, but thank god the last option work!
I have the same problem as u .. can u please tell me what's the option that worked for u ?

Kirlett
Regular

#18 Post by Kirlett »

Okay I finished and it was AMAZING. Zane was my first and he's still my favorite. He's the most realistic and doesn't fall into stereotypes: I thought in the Prologue he was the typical flirty character, then we discover he writes children's books and
is a hobo xd and THEN we discover he's an otaku that plays otome games and a gamer hahaha HIS SECRET ROOM OMG. I love him.
BUT I HAVE LOTS OF QUESTIONS. What the hell is going on with all those secondary characters? o_o It's like they're from another story. It totally felt like Mira and the guys were the secondary characters and Wyte, Osiria, etc, the protagonists. Like they're from an urban fantasy story or something o_o So many unanswered questions

Birdie

#19 Post by Birdie »

I've finished Zane route (multiple endings) - love his relationship with Mira, i really adore their quarrels. It was fun to watch plus cemetery scene was so touching.

Now I had like 3 endings with Kiron - could you please let me know how I can obtain the last one - New Ties (I had max. trust, design plus management and I've picked-up Erik as a boyfriend for Emma). Not sure if I just picked-up wrong answer and ended with Things Left Unsaid or instead of max. management, I should focus more on social skills.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by 15385bic »

Kirlett wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:40 pm BUT I HAVE LOTS OF QUESTIONS. What the hell is going on with all those secondary characters? o_o It's like they're from another story. It totally felt like Mira and the guys were the secondary characters and Wyte, Osiria, etc, the protagonists. Like they're from an urban fantasy story or something o_o So many unanswered questions
I'm kinda glad that you felt that Whyte made such an impact despite appearing for so little time and most of the time just saying nothing XD. Although to answer you question.
We are world building. The secondary characters that appeared at the big fashion show will all feature later in their own game(s) <-- hopefully we can keep at it to lead you to the final story
And glad you loved Zane's route XD I agree with your spoiler
Birdie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:10 am Now I had like 3 endings with Kiron - could you please let me know how I can obtain the last one - New Ties (I had max. trust, design plus management and I've picked-up Erik as a boyfriend for Emma). Not sure if I just picked-up wrong answer and ended with Things Left Unsaid or instead of max. management, I should focus more on social skills.
New Ties requires
Trust > 250, so visit him often!, social > 249 needs to be high as well so you can try and negotiate your way through the kidnapping and lastly choose choice option "I tried to bargain"
I hope that helps! Goodluck

Pixelen

#21 Post by Pixelen »

RoyalVillain wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:16 pm
Pixelen wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:11 am Hey, me again, I was really looking forward to playing this as the Halloween one isn't working for me but I get the exact same issues. When I open the app, the icon just bounces and then disappears. I'm on MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6. I don't get a crash log to paste or anything, unfortunately, it just doesn't even open.

Thanks and let me know if you need any more information!

Helen
Fellow Mac user here - I also had trouble opening the game at first, but if you follow these instructions, you should be able to run the game.

First open the download folder for the game and right click the app itself. Select "show package contents" as in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 18.09.27.png

This should open a folder labelled "Contents". From there, open the folder called "Mac OS" and then double click to open the exec file named "ValentinesOtome". This should open up the Terminal app on your Mac to run a script. After a few seconds, a new window should open and the game should run just fine.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 18.09.41.png

Hopefully this helps.
Hello, thanks so much for this, it did indeed work! It's weird that the original game doesn't work though and probably should still be looked into - happy to be your Mac tester if you need it!

Kirlett
Regular

#22 Post by Kirlett »

To be honest it's because I didn't remember the names of the others at the time why I said Wyte xD But Rayner and Siyan, Reyder(?) and his father etc. Difficult names xD
And I wonder who we'll be playing as in that future game? Osiria? (Very curious about her relationship with her butler :oops: )

P.S.: I loooove Rayner. But his "I'm a dog" attitude...just no. No.

caibanh

#23 Post by caibanh »

Kyonda wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:47 pm
caibanh wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:34 am
I have the same problem as u .. can u please tell me what's the option that worked for u ?
Shift G > rendered > the option that have directX

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#24 Post by Corynth »

Kirlett wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:45 am To be honest it's because I didn't remember the names of the others at the time why I said Wyte xD But Rayner and Siyan, Reyder(?) and his father etc. Difficult names xD
And I wonder who we'll be playing as in that future game? Osiria? (Very curious about her relationship with her butler :oops: )

P.S.: I loooove Rayner. But his "I'm a dog" attitude...just no. No.
That's actually pretty funny to me, because Rayner considers most humans to be scum and animals as far better.
Pixelen wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 am *snip*
Hello, thanks so much for this, it did indeed work! It's weird that the original game doesn't work though and probably should still be looked into - happy to be your Mac tester if you need it!
There is a Mac-only version of VO up if you want to use that instead. That should work natively.
It seems like at some point an update to Mac broke Ren'Py's "ALL" version which Halloween Otome was made with, but in theory you should be able to open it with the same method described for opening the VO-all version.

Meanwhile - I actually dropped by to say that the guide is now LIVE. Check it out here

Lydwine

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN][Romance Dating Sim]Walkthrough guide now available

#25 Post by Lydwine »

I download the game yesterday and I didn’t get any sleep since I was too focus on it. I like the plot, the storyline is fluid and when I did Zane route I was like : OMG this guy is living the life as I do
"La littérature est la preuve que la vie ne suffit pas." Fernando PESSOA

caibanh

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN][Romance Dating Sim]Walkthrough guide now available

#26 Post by caibanh »

I missing 1 of Zane CG. Which event is it for this CG? I thought I got all the req ;;_;;
https://i.imgur.com/giGzfs6.jpg

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#27 Post by Corynth »

caibanh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:15 pm I missing 1 of Zane CG. Which event is it for this CG? I thought I got all the req ;;_;;
https://i.imgur.com/giGzfs6.jpg
That CG should be the one for Erik's Getaway in Zane route.
Each love interest has a CG specific to the getaway of the guy that matches their preferred stat.

Kyonda

#28 Post by Kyonda »

I loved the game .. i enjoyed it as much as i enjoyed Halloween otome . .. the effort that was done is really impressive .. the main characters are great and side characters stories were really fun .. I am proud that i could get the best end for all of them at the first trial ^^ ..

vana

#29 Post by vana »

I usually abhor stat-raising games... and I still do. But since I really enjoyed Halloween Otome, I decided to play this one. I've only gone through Zane's route so far and I'm having fun (bar the stat-raising *hiss*), though that could just be the wine talking.

Things I like so far:
  • That song. Where can I buy it? The in-game "story" behind it is gold. Not to mention that the acoustic version is rather pretty.
  • The relationship between the gals.
  • A sort of protagonist unusual to otomes. When I heard that Mira was the main character of this game, I was a little unsure at first. Could you really centre an entire story around a seemingly stereotypical big-boobed, lusty woman? Yes. Yes, you can. I don't know why I doubted y'all. I love Mira. I love that she's unashamedly flirty. I love her attitude. I love that she isn't some super sweet, super self-sacrificing, super pure, super BLAND girl whose main motivation is helping others. Yes, I'm bitter. Hang on, I need more wine.
  • The fact that the romance actually builds rather than the couple suddenly deciding they can't live without the other after only a few days/weeks.

Things I'm not so hot on:
  • Stat raising. I think that's pretty obvious. It's not you, it's me.
  • Would it kill you to have more variation in body shape and skin tone?
  • In the Truth Revealed ending,
    I'm not happy with the way the Maddie situation was resolved. Stalking is not cool. Knocking someone out is not cool. Trashing a small business is not cool. Trying to kill someone is definitely not cool. Love does not solve all problems. Blaming it on mental illness is problematic, to put it lightly.

I might be back to say more after I've played the other routes. Maybe.

victorita9
Regular

#30 Post by victorita9 »

I haven't played a dating sim in a while, and as soon as I saw this I knew I had to play. It is so good. It's weird to say this but it's so original to have an MC that is sexually active. You don't see that a lot.