Palm-of-the-Hand: Carin [Kinetic][Short][Drama]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
BlackMagnolia
Regular

Palm-of-the-Hand: Carin [Kinetic][Short][Drama]

#1 Post by BlackMagnolia »

Carin (Palm of the Hand # 001)

Synopsis
Carin is a palm-of-the-hand kinetic novel, the first entry in Flerdele Leider's palm-of-the-hand short story series, that deals with an unhealthy relationships between two characters, K (the reluctant and reticent protagonist) and the titular Carin, his fiery and vocal off and on girlfriend). Told in disjointed whispers, bittersweet reminiscences, and erotic tension, Carin is a short yet intense conversation about self-worth and the fear of letting someone in.

Palm-of-the-Hand # 001. Rated 18+ for references to abuse, nudity, strong language and sexual themes.

Screenshots

Credits
Story, CGs, Coding and 3D sprites by Usman M.

Music by Kai Engel and Chris Zabriskie.

Genre
Drama, Romance, Slice of Life.

Length
Word count: 1320 words. 5 - 10 minutes.

DOWNLOAD HERE
https://flerdele-lieder.itch.io/carin-
https://gamejolt.com/games/carin/318954

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Palm-of-the-Hand: Carin [Kinetic][Short][Drama]

#2 Post by Zelan »

I'm not sure how "pinning your ex-girlfriend to the ground and taking her clothes off" translates into "letting her in." I didn't really like the fact that it ended like that. Also, I wish the fact that K had once (possibly more often) hit Carin should have been addressed further.

However, I have to say that I really enjoy your writing style; your prose is fantastic. I especially liked the bit about "her mouth drawn taut like a bow" and the whole description of her "hypnotic hazel eyes."

BlackMagnolia
Regular

Re: Palm-of-the-Hand: Carin [Kinetic][Short][Drama]

#3 Post by BlackMagnolia »

Zelan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:54 pm I'm not sure how "pinning your ex-girlfriend to the ground and taking her clothes off" translates into "letting her in." I didn't really like the fact that it ended like that. Also, I wish the fact that K had once (possibly more often) hit Carin should have been addressed further.
Hi, thank you for playing and briefly reviewing my work. A lot of my work draws from people whom I know and revolves around the theme of sex as a form of violence in and of itself and violence as a form of intimacy. Carin believes that even the most derogatory treatment towards her person = passion, attention, and care on the part of the abuser. So much so that they are "hurting her out of love". She is actually pained more by absence and abadonment than being physically harmed by the person she loves.

I have noticed these kind of relationships go in a cycle and leave a bitter taste in the mouths of those observing it. The ones in it are mostly clouded by impulse and misplaced emotion.

I will be updating the short and expanding the content further to showcase the extent and reasons for their unhealthy, toxic habits in further added shorts. This was merely a glimpse.

Also the compliment on the actual writing is humbly appreciated. I'm glad that you could it.