Through the Screen

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ArizaLuca
Veteran
Completed: Through the Screen, Riddle Me This, Trust Fall, Phobias, Another Adventure
Projects: The Souls in the Seams, Fata Morgana, Minecraft: Story Mode - Behind the Scenes
Organization: Astral Autumn Games
Tumblr: astralautumngames
Deviantart: ArizaLuca
itch: astralautumngames

Through the Screen

#1 Post by ArizaLuca »

bg love.png
Most love stories don't start with two people that are practically on the other side of the globe. They don't start with video games that aren't multiplayer video games. And as far as I know, there aren't any that start with a newspaper in the kitchen on a Sunday morning.

Ariza has found someone she loves. She might not realize it at first, but it's inevitable. This is a short story that establishes how exactly this happened... admittedly, it's a bit abridged, but she did make this in about two weeks, mostly over a single weekend. Give her a break.

THROUGH THE SCREEN is a short (~30 minutes) autobiographical visual novel about a dorky girl who writes fanfiction who falls for a dorky guy who also writes fanfiction.

There is one ending. This is more of a kinetic novel than a true visual novel game, but this IS my first game. I do hope you enjoy.

The game is completely free, simply because I made this in about a week-- truthfully, it took me a little over one weekend to complete.

Download: https://arizaluca.itch.io/through-the-screen
Characters:
ariza.png
ARIZA
The protagonist of the story, and also a huge dork who writes Minecraft: Story Mode fanfiction.
toni.png
TONI
The guy that Ariza has fallen in love with, and a guy who writes amazing fanfiction. (No, seriously, his writing skills are much better than Ariza's.)
gommie lenny face.png
GOMMIE
A very friendly girl who helped bring the two together... and who also is extremely eager to support Ariza and Toni's budding relationship.
red angry.png
RED
Don't mind him being angry all the time, he's actually quite nice. He doesn't have much of a role in the story, but he is there and he definitely is worth mentioning.
Thank you for checking this out!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Through the Screen

#2 Post by Zelan »

I played this today and it's a really cute, short autobiographical game. I'd definitely recommend giving it a read if you like feel-good stories. Also, in my opinion, it's super polished for the short time frame that it was made in.

LIZM
Regular

#3 Post by LIZM »

Congrats on finishing your game! I downloaded this instantly because I'm also in a long-distance relationship that started online and as expected, it was a really cute short story. The sprites and their expressions were adorable, and I loved Gommie turning into a dedicated shipper. :P Wishing you all the best both for your relationship and any future games you may be involved in!

Fantasysci5

#4 Post by Fantasysci5 »

This was so sweet! I can really relate to a lot of it; reading/writing fan fiction, connecting almost better to people online, having a friend like Toni that went through somewhat of the same thing. This is just a real feel good game, and the graphics are wonderful as well. Thank you so much for sharing.