The Garden Society: Kykuit

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#61 Post by Megaman Z »

eclipse>>if you think saving after every event is a good idea, the save system in TOZ only allows one slot for each run to a maximum of four, and once you pick a slot, you can't save to another one in the same game. also, saving then quitting then loading causes some things not to happen (but may trigger other things... :wink: )
(granted, the saves are stored in an mdb file, so you could hack it to add slots and change data if you have the right program... I'll try not to allow that to happen...)

also to eclipse>>taking notes of which paths you took won't always help (I know some games that have random things occur, but this applies especially to TOZ, because there will be some stuff that you MUST get right to do stuff, not just picking the appropriate choise!)

STILL to eclipse>>which theories did I get right?

to everyone in general>>um... hi?
~Kitsune Zeta

bookie
Veteran

#62 Post by bookie »

Megaman, that sounds like torture. :o

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#63 Post by chronoluminaire »

Megaman Z wrote:to everyone in general>>um... hi?
Hiya! ^^
-- chrono (avoiding reading the spoilers here until I've played GSK some more. Yes, I had to delete the rest of the quote with my eyes scrunched up... ^^;; )

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by Megaman Z »

chronoluminaire wrote:
Megaman Z wrote:to everyone in general>>um... hi?
Hiya! ^^
-- chrono (avoiding reading the spoilers here until I've played GSK some more. Yes, I had to delete the rest of the quote with my eyes scrunched up... ^^;; )
that's where copy-and-paste comes in. copy the area in question, paste it correctly, and you don't have to scrunch your eyes. simple.
~Kitsune Zeta

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#65 Post by Otaku Dash »

HIYA ALL!! Finally i've been able to come to the net.

REVIEW TIME:

When i first downloaded the game and i saw all the replies here i thought "Man this game must be really good" as for Crono awsered: "It's a wonderfull game".

So i found some free time to play it..... and i must say... Crono wasn't lying. :D :P The game is very well done; all the characters have their personality well defined and the story is well made. As for sound, the piano tunes really make the player imerge into the characters feelings; and they don't make the player turn the sound off because of replaying boredom, instead it does the oposite... i can't stop listening to it. :)
The spanish sentences for Elena are well made, and it bring a warm and fuzzy felling playing when i saw "Exactamente" that is equal to Portuguese (yes I'm Portuguese..... and if i hear someone telling that Portugal is a province of Spain.... i'll kill him withought mercy :evil: :P).

In sum... a really good game that makes you want to play over an over even if you have already finished.

Endings:

1 - Vivian
4 - Vivian and Elena.

Really nice job Eclipse... one i get some free time i'll try to get those other endings. Can't wait to see more projects from you.
----------------------------------------------------

As for other news, i realized that i'm not so bad in the maths department.... but i found out that my previous grades from Phisics and Chem are not counted for this year.... wich means that i concentrated in Maths thinking that i had no problems in passing with those two subjects.... and now i have limit grades for passing those two.

Now everytime i have some time left i start and start to play "Milkswim" i start to get scared. :? :P :(

But that its not so bad... i'll may be able to come back maybe on 16th May (wich is my birthday) before returning to my internet hiatus.

P.S: I putted the "Kaiser" project into second plan, to put foward a simpler project..... i'll have more news soon :wink:
---------------------------------------------------
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#66 Post by rioka »

Megaman Z>> (1st one)Yes, I've noticed that as well. It's rather odd but it can't be helped for now.

(2nd one) No, not always but noting what you did and didn't do and the result will help narrow down the paths significantly. AP, for example, mostly does not rely on paths but on another factor entirely for the good endings. GSK, on the other hand, it would really help if you kept track.

(3rd one)
For GSK: A, B, C. Some of them are partly right...

Otaku Dash>> Hey Otaku Dash! Welcome back! Glad to hear you liked it. :gives chrono a cookie for sucking someone in to play GSK: ^_^
(yes I'm Portuguese..... and if i hear someone telling that Portugal is a province of Spain.... i'll kill him withought mercy ).
Someone actually said that? Talk about ignorant. :roll:
Can't wait to see more projects from you.
I don't know if you've been to my site lately but I did release info on one of my future games to be released: Shadowfall: Prelude. Synopsis: You've been set up for a blind date by a good friend. You obliged but have some reservations about it... first of all, because of the meeting place itself - a town called Shadowfall and secondly, Shadowfall isn't exactly your average town with average inhabitants... and that being the case, what kind of "person" will your date be?!
There is also another game in the works along the lines of an "amazon" and - Eh heh heh, I think that's enough spoilers for now. ^_____^
P.S: I putted the "Kaiser" project into second plan, to put foward a simpler project..... i'll have more news soon
Really? :D
...Gah, but you can't tell us anything till you get back in May... nice way to torture folks, OtakuDash. <.<'

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#67 Post by Megaman Z »

okay... [eclipse, have you checked your PM's inbox lately? I sent a request for hints on a couple of endings in there a week or two ago...]
~Kitsune Zeta

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#68 Post by rioka »

Yes I have - I've been busy lately with stuff (Foxtaile, Ren'Py tutorials, and some of the other stuff I mentioned in the Game Dev section) Don't worry, I won't forget. ^^

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Megaman Z »

good. I'll be waiting...

Dark Divine 28 just played through about half the game at my house (his computer's pretty much ****ed...), and I finished it for him [he had to leave...], and it wasn't a new ending to me...
~Kitsune Zeta

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#70 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:Yes I have - I've been busy lately with stuff (Foxtaile, Ren'Py tutorials, and some of the other stuff I mentioned in the Game Dev section) Don't worry, I won't forget. ^^
Yeah, I got to hand it to you - managing the two websites, fresh content, several forums, working on projects simultaneously, wow... but I guess one rises to meet the challenge, anyway I'm offtopic I know :P :wink:

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#71 Post by Megaman Z »

Otaku Dash wrote:(yes I'm Portuguese..... and if i hear someone telling that Portugal is a province of Spain.... i'll kill him withought mercy :evil: :P )
yeah, if Portugal's a province of spain, then:
A) the US is an english colony,
B) Japan is chinese territory,
C) WWIII has just broke out,
D) we're all screwed
~Kitsune Zeta

John Tegan

#72 Post by John Tegan »

Wait, your telling me that thats not true?

A) the US is an english colony,
B) Japan is chinese territory,
C) WWIII has just broke out,
D) we're all screwed

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#73 Post by Megaman Z »

um... Tegan, do you live in a parallel universe? I'm pretty sure that at least two of the things I said aren't true. (Japan, to my knowledge, never was chinese territory, and the US is independant of Great Britain [now England]. the other two: WWIII has not broken out quite yet, but the Iraq war may spark it if the two Koreas don't. I'm still waiting for confirmation on D, though...)
~Kitsune Zeta

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#74 Post by rioka »

Yes, he lives in a parallel universe called "The Netherlands".

John Tegan

#75 Post by John Tegan »

We maybe a small country, but we are everywhere!
So, don't mock us :twisted: You never know who's dutch

grinn, and as you all know, or should know The Netherlands is simply the best to live in (although anime wise it could be better snif snif)