The Scaglietti (NaNoRenO 2009)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: The Scaglietti (NaNoRenO 2009)

#16 Post by sake-bento »

Finally played this. sake-bento is a slow bento.

Definitely interesting, although as previously noted, the good end was pretty easy to achieve (not that I'm complaining too much).

I liked the story, and the twist as the end was a very pleasant surprise. A little sweet, and little romantic. It moved a little faster than I imagined a relationship like that would move, but I think it's just because I move slow.

Thank you for sharing. ^-^

usul
Veteran
Projects: Teachings of the Buddha, System-Addict, Generation XxX

#17 Post by usul »

Sounds like fun, too bad there isn't a Linux port.
"The universe is non-simultaneously apprehended"
— Buckminster Fuller

Amahime
Projects: Frozen Hearts

#18 Post by Amahime »

Well, I just finished playing through this and liked it very much!^^ The storytelling was relly nice and everthing fit together x3 I also liked the twist towards the end.
As some people already pointed out, the good ending is quite easy to get. But that's not necessarily a bad thing :)
Additionally, I totally adore your drawing style >3 Keep up the good work!^^
Sketch dumpage: Oekaki.Mooneater.org

Der Tod ist der seligste Traum.
So lass mich den Todesengel sein
-Georg Büchner

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#19 Post by mikey »

Amahime >> Thank you for playing, I'm glad you liked it. The drawing style is of course Vatina's, the sprite I used was her "lady in black". Ever since she put it up as a free download, I fell in love with it - secretly hoping no one would use her in a game first... A long time passed, and there, for that one game, I instantly remembered the sprite as the most fitting character - and it was not a decision to use "Claudia" (yes, that's her name, and no one is going to take that away now! :oops: ) because I would have little time, or couldn't obtain original sprites - it was really because I thought it just fit so well with everything, even if you consider the coloring and all. She really was perfect for the role, with how she looks her age, and the calm aura around her. So the thankyou goes to Vatina for that.

usul >> I have put this on my list, hopefully I get to it soon.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#20 Post by mikey »

I have now uploaded the mac and linux versions (see first page).

There is an updated windows version as well, this starts windowed instead of fullscreen, so there should be less problems. Otherwise it is unchanged. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ayato Vu
Regular

#21 Post by Ayato Vu »

mikey wrote:I have now uploaded the mac and linux versions (see first page).

There is an updated windows version as well, this starts windowed instead of fullscreen, so there should be less problems. Otherwise it is unchanged. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Yey!
Now I can read it anywhere, not just at home!
<3

This will definitely help my finishing it quicker! (Really poorly phrased btw.. ^^;;)

Ayato Vu
Regular

#22 Post by Ayato Vu »

This one leaves quite a new taste, Mikey.
The twist isn't a sci-fi type one really, but a much more logically one indeed. (Possibly to contradict with the story? :P)
I don't know if its been said, but it seems to have traces of "Embraced by Green' in it. Doesn't matter too much though, I like it man.
The only thing I am curious about is, if the duplicate is not checked in real life. I think in the novel, it was said that only the original is tested. Would this be true in real life? If so, what would have happened to the two paintings? ^^;;
As always, it just something about your stories that just make them worth the time. I dunno if I am crazy or not, but reading your works is like being able to meet you, or hear you tell a story from your life. Not to be corny, but I wish you the best, and anytime you make a new novel, no matter how short or quick it took, I promise I'll always put the time in to read and sift through them!

*Less technical, more off topic, but still on topic stuff!*
I'm glad to say I finally went through one of your games and got the good ending to being with.
I played the The Scaglietti with both soungs from Gakuen Redux, and O3 on iTunes' shuffle setting...
And it fit the game at perfect moment... Really weird and cool! XD

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#23 Post by mikey »

Ayato Vu wrote:This one leaves quite a new taste, Mikey.
For me, it was. Especially as far as the protagonist is concerned - I wanted Domenico to be calm, confident, happy and without any inner problems, and since I use all the non-scientific elements for the purpose of the protagonist being able to resolve something that's on his mind, this time I didn't have to do anything like this. So Claudia isn't someone who enables him to resolve something - and it also means that Claudia's mind doesn't need to be troubled by anything either. So it is indeed something different, since I could then just focus on their encounters and how nice they felt for Domenico. It was a very "peaceful" writing for me, and I really enjoyed it.

As for
the authenticity of the duplicate, I'll be honest, I haven't thought that far, the assumption is the duplicate is genuine.
Ayato Vu wrote:Not to be corny, but I wish you the best, and anytime you make a new novel, no matter how short or quick it took, I promise I'll always put the time in to read and sift through them!
Thank you for the encouragement! It really means a lot.