The Pretenders Guild (Free/GxB/BxB/Comedy/Customization) (Voice acting update!)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: The Pretenders Guild (Free/GxB/BxB/Comedy/Customization)

#16 Post by minyan »

theshrimplord wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:37 pm Oh I also forgot to mention----I LOVE the soundtrack. I've actually been booting the game to run in the background so I can play the soundtrack while I write or draw.
Oh wow, that makes me happy to hear. I’m not a composer by any means so I’m just glad the music wasn’t annoying xD
ImageImage

Harmonywish
Regular

#17 Post by Harmonywish »

1. It was an extremely lovely game! :D Ahh the CGs were great, the music was amazing and I absolutely adored the characters, and the writing! Honestly there were so many funny scenes that I laughed most of the time playing xD

2. Ahh not really ;'D I feel like there was a lot more going on! The world building could've definitely went even further, and more scenes/stories/ideas? But I understand that this isn't an extremely long game, so not everything can be super fleshed out! The information that was shown really added onto the story! ^^ The routes were extremely enjoyable; I only played 2, Braums and Raphael as a female Shika, and they were both really amazing by themselves, but I feel there's a ton more potential in this world! :> I liked the extra dialogue lines depending on what you play race wise, and who you romance. The background information was really great, and I loved how some of your lines corresponded with that, especially with being a Shika.

3. Probably the very beginning, when Ash was trying to advertise her guild. o: It was was absolutely hilarious, got me hooked, and had me laughing the whole time. I think I enjoyed everything, especially how smooth Raphael can be? but that is the most memorable for me

4. Ash as a Shika sort of grown on me, and I really liked how Paris was flirting the whole time, but being constantly rejected by Ash too. I guess I was a bit disappointed I couldn't romance him as a Shika, and the different lines as a Reaver really surprised me. It was much different than playing as a Shika, but the diversity isn't bad! ^^

5. I did, but I can't really specify where I saw it, but I think it was the word with, was spelled incorrectly, maybe wtih?

6. Ahh out of everyone my favourite character is probably Ash as a Shika. Their personality is just great, and like their responses to everything had me laughing the whole time xD They're the perfect friend/partner/parent gosh :'D

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#18 Post by minyan »

Harmonywish wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:35 pm 1. It was an extremely lovely game! :D Ahh the CGs were great, the music was amazing and I absolutely adored the characters, and the writing! Honestly there were so many funny scenes that I laughed most of the time playing xD

2. Ahh not really ;'D I feel like there was a lot more going on! The world building could've definitely went even further, and more scenes/stories/ideas? But I understand that this isn't an extremely long game, so not everything can be super fleshed out! The information that was shown really added onto the story! ^^ The routes were extremely enjoyable; I only played 2, Braums and Raphael as a female Shika, and they were both really amazing by themselves, but I feel there's a ton more potential in this world! :> I liked the extra dialogue lines depending on what you play race wise, and who you romance. The background information was really great, and I loved how some of your lines corresponded with that, especially with being a Shika.

3. Probably the very beginning, when Ash was trying to advertise her guild. o: It was was absolutely hilarious, got me hooked, and had me laughing the whole time. I think I enjoyed everything, especially how smooth Raphael can be? but that is the most memorable for me

4. Ash as a Shika sort of grown on me, and I really liked how Paris was flirting the whole time, but being constantly rejected by Ash too. I guess I was a bit disappointed I couldn't romance him as a Shika, and the different lines as a Reaver really surprised me. It was much different than playing as a Shika, but the diversity isn't bad! ^^

5. I did, but I can't really specify where I saw it, but I think it was the word with, was spelled incorrectly, maybe wtih?

6. Ahh out of everyone my favourite character is probably Ash as a Shika. Their personality is just great, and like their responses to everything had me laughing the whole time xD They're the perfect friend/partner/parent gosh :'D
Thanks so much for playing and leaving such lovely feedback! Sorry you were left wanting more! I really would like to do something else in this world eventually, keep fleshing it out. If I ever get any ideas it'll definitely happen ;u; I'll keep an eye out for that typo! And I'm so happy to hear you liked Ash! Writing from their perspective was really fun.

Thanks again for playing c:
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by minyan »

There might be a bug where you suddenly go from Rafael's route to Paris' when you play as a female Shika! If you encounter this please let me know the point where it switched and send a screenshot or two if you can. I'm looking into it but can't quite find the issue.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by minyan »

The error seems to have been a one time thing? I'm still going through just to be certain, but the person who found it reports that they have not encountered it again after several playthroughs!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by minyan »

You can now change your pronoun in The Pretenders Guild! Thanks for all the lovely feedback and support.
ImageImage

Bobipicolina

#22 Post by Bobipicolina »

abc
Last edited by Bobipicolina on Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by minyan »

Bobipicolina wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:26 pm 1. What did you think overall?
I played this game for the reason I have played many others, to pass time, and because I thought it didn't look bad, although without looking much into it. That's why I didn't really have any kind of expectation, but sincerely the game was ok, and I'm hard to satisfy so that's quite good haha! For me it's the kind of light vn I play when I want to relax and not think about much

2. Were you satisfied at the end of the route you played?
Even if I don't like route endings in general, it was all right. It stuck well to the rest of the game so that was good enough for me :)

3. What was your favorite part?
The parts when Ash and Paris bicker, I think

4. Least favorite part?
I don't know

5. Did you find any bugs/typos?
I think I saw some typos but I don't think they were very important because I can't really remember

6. Other comments
For a free game, I am pleasantly suprised at the quality of the game! :D I'm grateful to you
Thanks for playing and for your kind comments! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
ImageImage

RoseFoil

#24 Post by RoseFoil »

1. What did you think overall?
This game was loads of fun. It was paced well, the humor had me almost dying at moments, smiling like a maniac at other times, and actually worried for what would happen next the rest of the time. The chemistry between all four of the main characters was amazing and I really got the feeling they all got along. I also legitimately got the feeling that the writer really cared about all the characters and this whole project, and it was obviously a labor of love which made it so much more enjoyable to play.
I ended up playing through all routes, with all the racial variations to see the differences and I was pleasantly surprised with how different each route was. Rafael's good ending was the first I played and I love how
it almost feels like a true route?
When I went for his bad ending
I was surprised at how it turned out. Maybe I'm just too accustomed to Nitro+Chiral bad endings with death and torture and all that. When I was playing with my friend, we were both agreed it was more like an alternate ending.
That ended up applying to Braum's alternate ending too. To be honest, only Paris' bad ending really seemed...
bad? My friend ended up playing his route before me and warned me that it was tear-worthy, and I agree. It was heartbreaking.
One criticism I might have is that the endings are only a result of affection scores and not so much actual choices.
Gaaaah so many favorite moments. I adore Rafael's sort of innocence, but straightforwardness at the same time.
The moment where he tried talking Ash into a massage was amazing. Also, THE VULCAN KISS, AHHH. With Braums' Spock hair and the hand kissing, I assume you like Star Trek, haha?
Paris' flirtiness and touchiness and even his jealousy were also amazing. I felt like he and Cubi Ash had so much chemistry and just ugh, it was great. Braums, also, is just adorable and must be protected at all costs. Every time he cried, I felt the urge to hug him and I desperately wished there were more opportunities to.
Also, funny enough when my friend and I were playing Rafael's route,
we both started shipping Braums and Paris, and when it actually was mentioned in the ending, we flipped out. It was great.
However, after she played Paris' route,
she stopped shipping it because she loved Paris so much, haha.
My favorite route is a toss-up between Rafael and Paris, because... I can't decide. :( Braums would make the best friend ever, in my opinion, I just want to hug and squeeze him so much.
4. Least favorite part?
Mmm. Sometimes the music got a bit repetitive. Probably the melodies that were in each piece, or the shortness of the tracks. I really did like the music, but it sort of took me out of the story sometimes. But another thing is I kind of wish the endings had more drastic consequences, or that choices had more effect than just raising affection. I know that's a lot to ask in some games, and this game is very much character-driven versus plot-driven, so I might be nitpicking due to my own favoritism toward plot-heavy stories.
A few typos, but sadly I didn't keep track. :( However, they did not interfere with my ability to read and understand the story, which is what matters ultimately. My friend who I was playing the game with downloaded the game after me and got the version with the pronouns patch (I had an earlier version), and said sometimes there are a few points where characters make reference to Ash's physical sex rather than their gender. My friend didn't keep track either, and for that I apologize, but I hope that helps.
6. Other comments or suggestions
I think I covered everything in the above questions. :D This really is a great game and I can tell how much care went into every part of it. I had loads of fun playing it, and the characters and all their jokes and idiosyncrasies will stick with me for a while. ~ I hope you continue to make games, especially in this universe!... I might have gone overboard in this review, haha.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by minyan »

RoseFoil wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:49 pm 1. What did you think overall?
This game was loads of fun. It was paced well, the humor had me almost dying at moments, smiling like a maniac at other times, and actually worried for what would happen next the rest of the time. The chemistry between all four of the main characters was amazing and I really got the feeling they all got along. I also legitimately got the feeling that the writer really cared about all the characters and this whole project, and it was obviously a labor of love which made it so much more enjoyable to play.
I ended up playing through all routes, with all the racial variations to see the differences and I was pleasantly surprised with how different each route was. Rafael's good ending was the first I played and I love how
it almost feels like a true route?
When I went for his bad ending
I was surprised at how it turned out. Maybe I'm just too accustomed to Nitro+Chiral bad endings with death and torture and all that. When I was playing with my friend, we were both agreed it was more like an alternate ending.
That ended up applying to Braum's alternate ending too. To be honest, only Paris' bad ending really seemed...
bad? My friend ended up playing his route before me and warned me that it was tear-worthy, and I agree. It was heartbreaking.
One criticism I might have is that the endings are only a result of affection scores and not so much actual choices.
Gaaaah so many favorite moments. I adore Rafael's sort of innocence, but straightforwardness at the same time.
The moment where he tried talking Ash into a massage was amazing. Also, THE VULCAN KISS, AHHH. With Braums' Spock hair and the hand kissing, I assume you like Star Trek, haha?
Paris' flirtiness and touchiness and even his jealousy were also amazing. I felt like he and Cubi Ash had so much chemistry and just ugh, it was great. Braums, also, is just adorable and must be protected at all costs. Every time he cried, I felt the urge to hug him and I desperately wished there were more opportunities to.
Also, funny enough when my friend and I were playing Rafael's route,
we both started shipping Braums and Paris, and when it actually was mentioned in the ending, we flipped out. It was great.
However, after she played Paris' route,
she stopped shipping it because she loved Paris so much, haha.
My favorite route is a toss-up between Rafael and Paris, because... I can't decide. :( Braums would make the best friend ever, in my opinion, I just want to hug and squeeze him so much.
4. Least favorite part?
Mmm. Sometimes the music got a bit repetitive. Probably the melodies that were in each piece, or the shortness of the tracks. I really did like the music, but it sort of took me out of the story sometimes. But another thing is I kind of wish the endings had more drastic consequences, or that choices had more effect than just raising affection. I know that's a lot to ask in some games, and this game is very much character-driven versus plot-driven, so I might be nitpicking due to my own favoritism toward plot-heavy stories.
A few typos, but sadly I didn't keep track. :( However, they did not interfere with my ability to read and understand the story, which is what matters ultimately. My friend who I was playing the game with downloaded the game after me and got the version with the pronouns patch (I had an earlier version), and said sometimes there are a few points where characters make reference to Ash's physical sex rather than their gender. My friend didn't keep track either, and for that I apologize, but I hope that helps.
I think I covered everything in the above questions. :D This really is a great game and I can tell how much care went into every part of it. I had loads of fun playing it, and the characters and all their jokes and idiosyncrasies will stick with me for a while. ~ I hope you continue to make games, especially in this universe!... I might have gone overboard in this review, haha.
Thank you for the wonderfully detailed feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed the game. I'll go back through to see if I can find the errors your friend found in regards to characters referring to Ash's physical sex, thank you for mentioning that.

I'm sorry the music took you out of it! For my future games I'm going to try and find the resources to get an actual composer rather than trying to muddle through it myself.

Yes, I lOVE Star Trek, I'm glad you enjoyed that bit xD It was so fun to write! I'm glad you shipped Paris and Braums too, and hope you enjoyed their side stories as well. Braums is my baby so I'm glad he has another fan. c:

I've heard a lot of people mention the endings. I'm torn because I do like how it turned out, but it would have been nice to have endings that were more influenced by the choices. This was a fairly linear game though, so I'll keep that in mind for next time! The other game I'm working on, Arena Circus, will have more drastic changes in the story depending on what you do, so give that a look if you haven't already!

Again, thank you so much for the kind comment, I really appreciate you taking the time.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by minyan »

A wild update appears!

The new update should have fixed those pronoun mistakes mentioned earlier!
ImageImage

thisismy3rdaccount
Tumblr: pushdontpull

#27 Post by thisismy3rdaccount »

First of all, honestly, thank you for this game.
It's amazing and the art is amazing and the sound track is amazing and the story is amazing and everything is amazing i love you
i can't even imagine the amount of work put into this THANK YOU
The game was really nice, the routes I played weren't boring and the choices and characters were all very interesting. My first choice was playing Ash as a reaver bcx man she lookED TOUGH. She was really bad ass. her personality I mean. I loved how the story progressed and that darn heart breaking plot twist
IT KILLED ME

yup i would say i was. they were happy and i was happy and everyone was happy.

hm.
well the part from where she is gambling on the ship until the ending.
lol no joke i love this game
I think when
the pirates were attacking the ship and she acted as a distraction. that part is the one that pops to mind first when you ask this question. But cmon. this whole game is my favorite part.

UPDATE
IM IN FAI'S ROUTE AND IM DYING THE PART WHERE THEY REACH TRINITY, THEIR FIRST STOP WITH BRAUMS AFTER THEY GET OFF THE BOAT,
AND ASH SEES FAI WITH HIS BOW MOVING AWAY FROM THE HOTEL INTO THE WOODS(?) AND SHE LOSES SIGHT OF HIM AND HE APPEARS BEHIND HER AND SAYS CHEEP CHEEP FML I LOVE THIS MAN SHIKA SO MUCH IM GOING TO CRY THIS IS PERFECT I LOVE YOU
4. Least favorite part?
hmmm
i loved everything
but i think i found it weird how they all roamed alone after meeting Braums in the various scenes. whether like, on the ship and when they reach land in the cities. no one knew where the other was, i thought that hm, he could've easily gotten killed when he'd went to the theatre for example. or when he's alone sleeping at night. I don't know i thought that escorts would like stick to the escorted(?) all the time or at least take shifts or whatever.
but really that's just my lame as s opinion and honestly i just said this because you asked i love your game did i tell you that?

I was so into the game i don't think i would've noticed, but im in my second or third playthrough i'll stay on the lookout and update this comment(?) if you'd like.

(i have a question though do the gender and sex and eye color and hair and skin color change anything or is it just personalization i think it's probably personalization but i just needed to ask bcx i thought the race was personalization only at first but then i couldn't get Fai's route and almost cried bcx i spent like 15~20 minutes trying to understand why his route wouldn't open and then i opened this threat and found out that it's because i picked ash to be a reaver)
(i have another question, does the wish at the wishing lake in the shrine affect anything?)
(another one, how do i get 100% on any of them? i've tried but i stopped at like 90? for paris and 95% for fai, I DONT KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG at first i thought it could be bcx of the race i picked but i played fai as a shika to no avail.)

THANK YOU I LOVE YOUR GAME SO MUCH
i don't even know
i loved all the characters they were all amazing
i saw how they kinda grew on each other and their relationship as a group didn't feel rushed or out of place
and the whole story progression made sense and was comfortable
and as the other person said i think it was hot
like darn man
screw ash i want them for myself
their characters where very well written i think and i fell in love with them all
Thanks for ur hard work have i said that?
also have i told you how much i adored your game like i need to convey how much i love it i don't understa-

Wijetron
Projects: The Lights of The Forest, Pathway to Stardom

#28 Post by Wijetron »

Absolutely loved it. I played as a male, and tried all the different routes. My favorite route was Braum's, because I just love spoiled rich kids that are secretly childish. It warmed my heart.

Yes.

In Braum's route, whenever he cuddled with you. It was adorable!

4. Least favorite part?
In Paris's route, the scenes where he leaves you to go flirt with other people. It broke my heart!

Not really!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by minyan »

thisismy3rdaccount wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:09 am First of all, honestly, thank you for this game.
It's amazing and the art is amazing and the sound track is amazing and the story is amazing and everything is amazing i love you
i can't even imagine the amount of work put into this THANK YOU
The game was really nice, the routes I played weren't boring and the choices and characters were all very interesting. My first choice was playing Ash as a reaver bcx man she lookED TOUGH. She was really bad ass. her personality I mean. I loved how the story progressed and that darn heart breaking plot twist
IT KILLED ME

yup i would say i was. they were happy and i was happy and everyone was happy.

hm.
well the part from where she is gambling on the ship until the ending.
lol no joke i love this game
I think when
the pirates were attacking the ship and she acted as a distraction. that part is the one that pops to mind first when you ask this question. But cmon. this whole game is my favorite part.

UPDATE
IM IN FAI'S ROUTE AND IM DYING THE PART WHERE THEY REACH TRINITY, THEIR FIRST STOP WITH BRAUMS AFTER THEY GET OFF THE BOAT,
AND ASH SEES FAI WITH HIS BOW MOVING AWAY FROM THE HOTEL INTO THE WOODS(?) AND SHE LOSES SIGHT OF HIM AND HE APPEARS BEHIND HER AND SAYS CHEEP CHEEP FML I LOVE THIS MAN SHIKA SO MUCH IM GOING TO CRY THIS IS PERFECT I LOVE YOU
4. Least favorite part?
hmmm
i loved everything
but i think i found it weird how they all roamed alone after meeting Braums in the various scenes. whether like, on the ship and when they reach land in the cities. no one knew where the other was, i thought that hm, he could've easily gotten killed when he'd went to the theatre for example. or when he's alone sleeping at night. I don't know i thought that escorts would like stick to the escorted(?) all the time or at least take shifts or whatever.
but really that's just my lame as s opinion and honestly i just said this because you asked i love your game did i tell you that?

I was so into the game i don't think i would've noticed, but im in my second or third playthrough i'll stay on the lookout and update this comment(?) if you'd like.

(i have a question though do the gender and sex and eye color and hair and skin color change anything or is it just personalization i think it's probably personalization but i just needed to ask bcx i thought the race was personalization only at first but then i couldn't get Fai's route and almost cried bcx i spent like 15~20 minutes trying to understand why his route wouldn't open and then i opened this threat and found out that it's because i picked ash to be a reaver)
(i have another question, does the wish at the wishing lake in the shrine affect anything?)
(another one, how do i get 100% on any of them? i've tried but i stopped at like 90? for paris and 95% for fai, I DONT KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG at first i thought it could be bcx of the race i picked but i played fai as a shika to no avail.)

THANK YOU I LOVE YOUR GAME SO MUCH
i don't even know
i loved all the characters they were all amazing
i saw how they kinda grew on each other and their relationship as a group didn't feel rushed or out of place
and the whole story progression made sense and was comfortable
and as the other person said i think it was hot
like darn man
screw ash i want them for myself
their characters where very well written i think and i fell in love with them all
Thanks for ur hard work have i said that?
also have i told you how much i adored your game like i need to convey how much i love it i don't understa-

Ahh thanks so much! I'm so happy you enjoyed it. I have a soft spot for happy endings :D
Honestly cheep cheep was probably one of my favorite parts if not my favorite. I was giggling so hard to myself xD
Your enthusiasm really made me smile. To answer your questions, some skin/hair/eye options will affect small dialogue changes, and there are some slight differences in dialogue depending on if you're a boy or a girl (mostly in the steamy scenes if you know what I mean), but other than that it's just personalization. As for the wish, no, that's just for roleplaying purposes! The choice of guild emblem at the beginning affects points as well, there are some questions in the intro that can give you extra points. Race has nothing to do with that.

Again, thanks for playing and giving such lovely feedback!
Wijetron wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:37 pm 1. What did you think overall?
Absolutely loved it. I played as a male, and tried all the different routes. My favorite route was Braum's, because I just love spoiled rich kids that are secretly childish. It warmed my heart.

Yes.

In Braum's route, whenever he cuddled with you. It was adorable!

4. Least favorite part?
In Paris's route, the scenes where he leaves you to go flirt with other people. It broke my heart!

Not really!

Thanks for playing! I haven't heard a lot of people say they played as a male, so I'm glad to hear it. Braums is also my favorite so I'm glad you enjoyed his route. I really appreciate your feedback!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: The Pretenders Guild (Free/GxB/BxB/Comedy/Customization) (seeking VAs!)

#30 Post by minyan »

Three days left for the Pretenders Guild casting call! Check the first post for more info. Are you a voice actor/actress? Would you like to be a part of this (unpaid) project? Check it out!
ImageImage