One Night Standoff! Deluxe Truth or Dare party game

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Bartulisica
Regular
Organization: ArizonaIdentities
Discord: ArizonaIdentities

One Night Standoff! Deluxe Truth or Dare party game

#1 Post by Bartulisica »

One Night Standoff!

Hello fellow renpy-ers..ren-pies.. nevermind.

Here is something a bit different!

One Night Standoff! is a deluxe truth or dare game. It takes a classic game and adds new features to it, with a simple, no strings attached approach.
Which means you don't have to pay for it and there are no annoying ads to ruin your fun. Select your own preferences, filter dares you are comfortable with, or play tactically to get what you want easier.

-Earn points by doing dares.
-Spend points on various goodies in the shop that will change the tempo of the game.
-Doing dares increases your chance of getting dare from the category you like, however refusing dares increases a chance of something you don't like, just to keep everyone motivated to do their best.
-Different difficulties of the game to fit you and your friends.

- ArizonaIdentities

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: One Night Standoff! Deluxe Truth or Dare party game

#2 Post by Zelan »

This game is actually pretty polished right now, I'm curious what you plan on adding in future updates.

I sat for a while and tested this with six players. I liked the fact that it had a "difficulty" level so that players would be able to choose they questions that they're comfortable with. There was also a good amount of questions for each category. (I think my friend group would probably most enjoy either the "boring" or "friendly" category.)

One complaint that I do have is how uneven the game was when choosing who to ask a question. The third player that I had entered was hardly asked any questions and had only 15 points after several minutes, while some of the other players had almost 100 points already. I like the idea of the order being random, but it's not good if a player could potentially be left out of the game because of it.

This could also do with a bit of proofreading - for example, "someones" should be spelled "someone." I noticed several other mistakes as well.

Unfortunately I am unable to pledge to your Patreon, but I do hope you guys continue developing this, it's a solid game already.

Bartulisica
Regular
Organization: ArizonaIdentities
Discord: ArizonaIdentities

#3 Post by Bartulisica »

Thanks alot for the feedback, Zelan!

Since the game didn't really get noticed, due to our poor marketing skills, we decided to take a break for a while and hope that in time there will be more people interested in our game.
We plan on adding more questions/dares, more items, maybe even some different modes to alter the rules a bit, but unfortunately this will happen very slowly, because we can't dedicate alot of time to this project.

I agree with both of your complaints, I noticed those things as well, and we will do our best to fix them in future updates.
- ArizonaIdentities

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

Bartulisica wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:05 am Thanks alot for the feedback, Zelan!

Since the game didn't really get noticed, due to our poor marketing skills, we decided to take a break for a while and hope that in time there will be more people interested in our game.
We plan on adding more questions/dares, more items, maybe even some different modes to alter the rules a bit, but unfortunately this will happen very slowly, because we can't dedicate alot of time to this project.

I agree with both of your complaints, I noticed those things as well, and we will do our best to fix them in future updates.
Understandable. I hope you are able to continue the project at your own pace. c:

I did get a group of my friends together to play this game - there were five of us including me. They had the same two complaints that I did, but even with those problems, we spent about 4 hours playing the game. Even though you have some improvements to make, I think you do have a really solid base right now, considering that I know this group and they tend to be a bit flighty.