NaNoRenO 2009: Daemonophilia

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nya-chan Production
Regular
Projects: autumn, Identityless

Re: NaNoRenO 2009: Daemonophilia

#31 Post by Nya-chan Production »

Great piece! I still have to finish/find one ending (3, iirc), but overally, I like it a lot.

Dunno what more to add... just keep it up! (b^^)b

(oh, right - I wasn't bothered by neither zooming nor applause/cheers... guess I just take these things as they are and try to like them~)
Currently working on: Identityless
HOW DO I INPUT THIS GODDAMN THING I WANT IN MY GAME TO IT?
WHY ARE THE CHARACTER ARTISTS SO LAZY?

Ayato Vu
Regular

#32 Post by Ayato Vu »

Finished, and got it all!
Thumbs up!
and going to sleep for a later talk on the game

Freelancer

#33 Post by Freelancer »

First things First. I really Enjoyed this VN or Game or whatever you want to call it.
2nd I Loved all the jokes and the overall Sitcom Feel of it.
Some of my favorites being the "Italian Man who was invited by a Roman" Joke and the "Fiddle songs from Georgia 1901" When Mr. Fuecile Or however you spell his name Appeared I knew who he was immediately.
I've never posted here (Or on a Forum Before Please tell me I Did the Spoiler thing Right.) Over all I loved the story although
I was a little disturbed that in all endings he will eventually go to Hell. Although even if I could change that I wouldn't! By the way. I'm from Seattle and I still Like that joke about Starbucks being from hell and Seattle being hell to some.
All in all Great work and I can't wait to read the sequel. I hope that one has voices.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#34 Post by Taleweaver »

Thanks for your nice words, it's good that you liked it! My sense of humor can be a little strange at times, but I think this is one of my better comedy pieces.

There will be a sequel, but not until next year.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

bitbandito

#35 Post by bitbandito »

The laugh track would be distracting in a longer game, but it works here, I feel.

So I'm able to get endings 1-4 easily, but I'm swinging and missing on five, no matter which magazine I choose.

What's the path to the last ending?

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer

#36 Post by Taleweaver »

You've got PM.
More about me in my blog

Prisoner416

#37 Post by Prisoner416 »

The laugh track caused me to have to literally turn off my speakers. Please, make a way to disable it. Or is there a way to simply remove it?

anon

#38 Post by anon »

Is there a full walkthrough available?

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#39 Post by Taleweaver »

Prisoner416 wrote:The laugh track caused me to have to literally turn off my speakers. Please, make a way to disable it. Or is there a way to simply remove it?
Go for the Preferences and just turn down the SFX volume :)
More about me in my blog

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac

#40 Post by Taleweaver »

anon wrote:Is there a full walkthrough available?
No. The game is easy enough without a full walkthrough. If you have trouble finding a specific ending or any of the Unlockables, PM me and I'll gladly point you at what you're missing.
More about me in my blog

Suzumiyaandy
Regular

#41 Post by Suzumiyaandy »

This is a very enjoyable game. I plan on getting all the endings, I've only got four. :)

Lucifiel
Regular

#42 Post by Lucifiel »

Cool game, almost done with it. :) I like the music, many of the jokes and the characters. :)

Though, I wonder if it could've done without the canned laughter.. hmm, perhaps yes, perhaps not.

I got:
Normal Ending(3), Bad ending 2, Bad ending 1, Evil Ending (4). I just wanted to try and get all the other endings before I got to see the Good/Best ending. Though... now, I'll have to try and figure out how to get the good ending? Thinking a bit 'cos I'm female and believe me, I've absolutely no idea on how to seduce another woman. :lol:

Edit: @#$#@$ I didn't know that the magazine choice alters the plot direction... errr, why is that so, though? It's a really insignificant item and shouldn't have been "important" enough to actually affect anything since it sort of punishes the player for like... making 1 wrong selection. The other choices kinda made sense, though... since they sorta affected the atmosphere and relations between the 2 main characters. I assume to get the good ending = treating her nicely and so on. :)
Finally finished it.
Btw, what does the monk's name mean? McGuy... hmm. Mmm... btw, if you do make this into a harem, please don't turn it into one of those godawful harems where the male protagonist lacks the balls to do this and that. Or where the women fall for the guy just 'cos the plot dictates they have to.

Have to say that I liked the main character in that he was quite human: with flaws and strengths that cast certain lights on his character, actions and motivations.

The female: Simone... playful but kinda naiive though I wish we got to see more of the circumstances that contributed to her naivety. Was it just inexperience on her part or was it personality? And the part of her rebelling against Lucifer... was okay, interesting. Though if you look at it another way, her lustful personality kinda contradicts her words and thinking.. whether that's intended or not, I'm unsure. Or was it because she desired free will so she could break free from her lust, hence her thoughts?

And I really liked what Lucifer did. He must have been watching Franklin for a good while, so that he could draw up a plan on how to "hook" the kid in. I wonder though: did he "put" the letter into the book himself or did he get someone to do it for him? On first impression, he looks like a shady businessman but on the other hand, he seems really cunning and actually, appeared to offer his aid only when Franklin was pushed into a corner. And he at least... made sure to not appear when the monk was around. In contrast, Simone practically went to like... jump McGuy even when she'd no idea what kinda person he was or what he'd do to her. :lol:
He also seems kinda arrogant, like "I can do this and you can't... so nya nya nya." :)

I also kinda liked the atmosphere between those 2: playful, thoughtful, fun, sharing of moments, etc. And how it started off as awkward and slowly transitioned into playfulness and then, something else.

And to me, the romance progressed kinda fast. Given how Simone later reveals that she doesn't know what love was ever like... I wonder how she "figured out" she was in love and that those feelings were not something else like attachment, deep desire, lust, etc.? She's kinda naiive and inexperienced in certain facets of life, isn't she? Or did she just merely respond at the heat of the moment, hmmm.

And I'm not exactly sure why Franklin went from pushing her away/treating her at a bit of a distance to embracing her overnight. It's not like... he was going to die. Though maybe it was because... he might never see her again? But that was never insinuated, was it? Or was it because that was his first time in love, so his expectations were kinda low?
And btw, thanks for the link in the other thread. :)

Btw, who did the music? And how to unlock the last 2 tracks in the jukebox? Hmmm..

anyaookamihime

#43 Post by anyaookamihime »

Hi there, me and my boyfriend irl was playing your game just last night; and I must say this is the best by far game I seen so far, Though there are many of them! We Love this one the best!! We got the Sad and the Bad Endings so far, and Love it! the music! The humor! The fun characters! The sounds! It was all so AWESOME! :) Thank you so much, I was wondering if you had any more games that you made? We would love to review them and play them! :D Thanks so much for such a fun game :D

Muse
Regular

#44 Post by Muse »

Love the game. I suppose the laugh tracks got on my nerves after a bit, but that's also part of it's charm. I really like the art style, and the music is gorgeous. I don't know if you made it yourself or found it, but it's great, so excellent work.

The humor was right up my ally too (with a few minor exceptions), and fits the story perfectly. I didn't notice any errors; it's all very high quality. Excellent job!

fourlights

#45 Post by fourlights »

This is first such VN I'm playing and it was quite interesting :)

Some criticism from my side:

1) There is imo too much text. Sometimes it was funny but often it felt it is going forward too slow, could put few sentances in one dialog box too

2)
Well, in places it filled kind of like if game would be written by catholic priest with the message of "you see kids, this sex is very bad thing and leads directly to horrible things"...

This "sex OR love" conflict, felt not very natural.
Personally I would probably enjoy story with option of sex=love.
Where boy can go for the "sex" approach, but then still choose:
- either jumping directly at sex with some kind of negative decision.. some betrayal or "he used her" choices
- or resisting a bit and still being for erotica but while not being too greedy, resulting in sex=love scenario&ending
3) Graphics could be better I guess

4) There was technical problem with music/audio on linux debian stable for me (will ask forum)

Oh my so much criticism; But I enjoyed the game, thanks for making it, and I'm looking towards a sequel :) Maybe some of points above could fit there? Did I read corectly about "harem" situations, that sounds promising ;)

Oh and what others said too, it could use more sexual topic (more frames/background) including hentai (but maybe make it optional if you want to remain purists friendly as well) :)