Tail Me [Otome] [NaNoReNo2018] [IntRenAiMo]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
amaicherii
Completed: Tail Me
itch: sweet-gangster

Tail Me [Otome] [NaNoReNo2018] [IntRenAiMo]

#1 Post by amaicherii »

Hello everyone!! This is my first VN ever. It's a short one-route otome game about two cats (well, cat people) that meet in a forest :D

I started this project last year and managed to finished it for the IntRenAiMo subcategory in NaNoReNo2018.

Download here

Hope you like it! <3

Story:

Sharon is a cat girl who lives in the forest all by herself struggling to find food every day. For some reason, she's also been having strange dreams, the first one being of someone chasing her. One day, when she goes to the river, she finds a cat boy sleeping in front of a tree. How will this encounter change her life?

Featuring:
  • 1 Love interest
  • 3 Endings
  • Around an hour of gameplay
  • CAT PEOPLE! *w*
Rated 13+ for:
  • Cursing
  • Death

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Tail Me [Otome] [NaNoReNo2018] [IntRenAiMo]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Hi! I absolutely loved this game!!

Your art style is great! The sprites were clean and pretty, and they matched all of the backgrounds really well. (Also, you drew your own backgrounds!? That's so awesome, a lot of people use free resources, which is fine of course, but it's so cool that you did all of the art yourself.) The story was so incredibly cute, and I actually didn't expect the twist at the end! I thought that it was really creative and I can't think of another story like it.

Clay and Sharon are so cute together. ^_^ I loved how neither of them really wanted to admit to the other that they were interested, it made for a lot of funny moments what with the both of them being stubborn. And they had a lot of really sweet moments too! I liked how they were able to teach each other different things to help. (Him teaching her to read had me WEAK, that was so meaningful and I really enjoyed it.)

I got all three endings, and the Good End was my favorite (obviously). I took a screenshot of the ending CG so that I could use it as my desktop background. :D (Did you draw it traditionally? It's really uncommon to see traditional art in VNs, I thought that was super cool.)

And uhhhh, this is really embarrassing but when I finished the game I was like "I HAVE to draw fanart, this game is too good." The only problem is that I can't draw to save my life. <: So I basically just copied the same way that you drew Sharon. (I was going to do Clay, too, but it took me long enough to draw her... maybe another day.) I hope you like it even though it sucks. >.<
badfanart.png

amaicherii

#3 Post by amaicherii »

Zelan wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:43 pm Hi! I absolutely loved this game!!

Your art style is great! The sprites were clean and pretty, and they matched all of the backgrounds really well. (Also, you drew your own backgrounds!? That's so awesome, a lot of people use free resources, which is fine of course, but it's so cool that you did all of the art yourself.) The story was so incredibly cute, and I actually didn't expect the twist at the end! I thought that it was really creative and I can't think of another story like it.

Clay and Sharon are so cute together. ^_^ I loved how neither of them really wanted to admit to the other that they were interested, it made for a lot of funny moments what with the both of them being stubborn. And they had a lot of really sweet moments too! I liked how they were able to teach each other different things to help. (Him teaching her to read had me WEAK, that was so meaningful and I really enjoyed it.)

I got all three endings, and the Good End was my favorite (obviously). I took a screenshot of the ending CG so that I could use it as my desktop background. :D (Did you draw it traditionally? It's really uncommon to see traditional art in VNs, I thought that was super cool.)

And uhhhh, this is really embarrassing but when I finished the game I was like "I HAVE to draw fanart, this game is too good." The only problem is that I can't draw to save my life. <: So I basically just copied the same way that you drew Sharon. (I was going to do Clay, too, but it took me long enough to draw her... maybe another day.) I hope you like it even though it sucks. >.<

badfanart.png
Hi there!! Thank you so much for playing my game!!!(‐^▽^‐)

You're too kind, I'm really happy to know you liked the art and the story so much asfgdfsjkdgbskbgjkgbv (●ฅ́дฅ̀●) Sharon and Clay were created with a lot of love so I'm especially happy that you liked them (and ship them lol) (=^▽^=)

Waaah, you even used the ending CG as your desktop background? I'm flattered (●///▽///●) ehehehe. As for your question, yup, I drew the ending CG traditionally :D In fact, everything was drawn traditionally but colored digitally in photoshop. Sharon and Clay's sprites are a bit of a special case because they were drawn AND colored traditionally except for their expressions which were done digitally in photoshop <3 <3 <3

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH YOUR DRAWING IS SO CUUUUUUUUUTEEEEE!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! (●ฅ́дฅ̀●) I'M SAVING IT TO MY COMPUTER RIGHT NOW!!!! Oh my gosh, I never thought I would get fanart for my game, that's so sweet, thank you so much!!! Sharon would be ecstatic if she knew someone drew her <3 <3 <3

Thank you so much for your kind words and the lovely fanart (⁄ ⁄^⁄ᗨ⁄^⁄ ⁄) I'll do my best in my next projects too!!

CatPalismia
Regular
Discord: temteno#2499

#4 Post by CatPalismia »

Hello! I just finished all routes of this game and it was so adorable!

I loved the chemistry between Sharon and Clay. Their playful bantering was a joy to read and how they both started to grow on each other. I love when a pair complements each other's flaws.
It was also nice to see that they both were well-rounded characters that felt pretty relatable to me. I was at the start afraid Clay would turn out to be a cocky and outwit Sharon on things she felt being good at but I was glad to be proven wrong! He was an absolute cutie throughout the story as was Sharon. I didn't even realize I had used a hour with this game!

The plot of the forest village felt solid to me. Things started to make sense as story went on. Though the end was little confusing at first. It took time to understand wholely why Sharon's and Clay's thought train led to think the forest was the one who made the curse. Then again I'm a little ditz. :D
I really liked the good ending - the kiss was so cute! Honestly I could gush about their chemistry all day long. I really rooted for these two!
One thing I would nitpick with was actions between asterisks that I saw some time. I would recommend to put them in to a whole sentences of action since it feels a little more professional. Just my opinion though!

I really loved the traditional look in the art. It felt somehow endearing and sprites especially looked good with it. Kinda hit the sweet spot since I have bias to a little soft-looking art that has that sketchy pencil feel in it - it is hard to describe! Also thumbs up for drawing backgrounds yourself. They blended nicely with character sprites.

Overall a cute game that had some nice chemistry between characters. These types of games just make my day!
Keep going on!

amaicherii

#5 Post by amaicherii »

CatPalismia wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:01 am Hello! I just finished all routes of this game and it was so adorable!

I loved the chemistry between Sharon and Clay. Their playful bantering was a joy to read and how they both started to grow on each other. I love when a pair complements each other's flaws.
It was also nice to see that they both were well-rounded characters that felt pretty relatable to me. I was at the start afraid Clay would turn out to be a cocky and outwit Sharon on things she felt being good at but I was glad to be proven wrong! He was an absolute cutie throughout the story as was Sharon. I didn't even realize I had used a hour with this game!

The plot of the forest village felt solid to me. Things started to make sense as story went on. Though the end was little confusing at first. It took time to understand wholely why Sharon's and Clay's thought train led to think the forest was the one who made the curse. Then again I'm a little ditz. :D
I really liked the good ending - the kiss was so cute! Honestly I could gush about their chemistry all day long. I really rooted for these two!
One thing I would nitpick with was actions between asterisks that I saw some time. I would recommend to put them in to a whole sentences of action since it feels a little more professional. Just my opinion though!

I really loved the traditional look in the art. It felt somehow endearing and sprites especially looked good with it. Kinda hit the sweet spot since I have bias to a little soft-looking art that has that sketchy pencil feel in it - it is hard to describe! Also thumbs up for drawing backgrounds yourself. They blended nicely with character sprites.

Overall a cute game that had some nice chemistry between characters. These types of games just make my day!
Keep going on!
Hi hi! Thank you very much for playing my game!! I'm really happy to know you enjoyed it :D

As for the ending,
I'll keep your feedback in mind! I guess some bits could have been a little confusing so I'll take care to leave more clues next time when I write a mystery ^^/ Basically, the forest is too sensitive to people's feelings and that creates the anomalies like the shortage of food or the fire traces disappearing; even the fact that Sharon and Clay have their memories blocked at the beginning of the story. In a way, Sharon and Clay were "victims" to their parents wishes. Scarlet wanted Sharon to live and be safe from any possible danger (after all, she had almost the whole village against her) while Evans wanted Clay to find Sharon so that they (Sharon and Clay) could escape the forest and live in peace. Their wishes were sort of the same but they still got mixed up and sort of cancelled each other out. That's why Sharon's and Clay's memories get jumbled. The main reason why they both lose their memories after Clay asks Sharon if she's Miss Scarlet's daughter is because that question could have been taken as a threat to her, if he ever wished to harm her. But then there's also Evans' wish for Clay to find Sharon and run away, so Clay was never too far from her even after they both lost their memories for a while. Added to that, Clay and Sharon have the scars left from that horrible night, which could have also contributed to their memory being blocked. Anyways...I hope I haven't confused you even more lol, but I'll keep your opinion in mind to try and add more clues next time xD.
Hehe, I'm happy to know you rooted for these two! They really deserve to be happy <3

Oh, I'll keep in mind the asterisk thing too. I may have been a bit influenced by other visual novels xD but you're right, it does look way more natural when you put these as whole sentences of action. Thanks for pointing that out! :D

I'm glad you liked the art too <3 The extra effort was worth it hehe :)

Thanks again for playing my game and leaving such a sweet and honest feedback <3

CatPalismia
Regular
Discord: temteno#2499

#6 Post by CatPalismia »

amaicherii wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:07 pm
CatPalismia wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:01 am Hello! I just finished all routes of this game and it was so adorable!

Keep going on!
Hi hi! Thank you very much for playing my game!! I'm really happy to know you enjoyed it :D

As for the ending,
I'll keep your feedback in mind! I guess some bits could have been a little confusing so I'll take care to leave more clues next time when I write a mystery ^^/ Basically, the forest is too sensitive to people's feelings and that creates the anomalies like the shortage of food or the fire traces disappearing; even the fact that Sharon and Clay have their memories blocked at the beginning of the story. In a way, Sharon and Clay were "victims" to their parents wishes. Scarlet wanted Sharon to live and be safe from any possible danger (after all, she had almost the whole village against her) while Evans wanted Clay to find Sharon so that they (Sharon and Clay) could escape the forest and live in peace. Their wishes were sort of the same but they still got mixed up and sort of cancelled each other out. That's why Sharon's and Clay's memories get jumbled. The main reason why they both lose their memories after Clay asks Sharon if she's Miss Scarlet's daughter is because that question could have been taken as a threat to her, if he ever wished to harm her. But then there's also Evans' wish for Clay to find Sharon and run away, so Clay was never too far from her even after they both lost their memories for a while. Added to that, Clay and Sharon have the scars left from that horrible night, which could have also contributed to their memory being blocked. Anyways...I hope I haven't confused you even more lol, but I'll keep your opinion in mind to try and add more clues next time xD.
Hehe, I'm happy to know you rooted for these two! They really deserve to be happy <3

Oh, I'll keep in mind the asterisk thing too. I may have been a bit influenced by other visual novels xD but you're right, it does look way more natural when you put these as whole sentences of action. Thanks for pointing that out! :D

I'm glad you liked the art too <3 The extra effort was worth it hehe :)

Thanks again for playing my game and leaving such a sweet and honest feedback <3
Oh now I understand! Thanks for clearing things up - truly liked the twist in the story and I can now appreciate it fully! :D

No problem, it was fun to play the game. Good luck if you have future projects on mind!