Message of the Bible

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Daggett
Regular
Projects: The Gensoukyou Conspiracy (suspended), The Tribulation Of a Torn Anima (suspended), The Gensoukyou Project Funsized Edition
Organization: None

Message of the Bible

#1 Post by Daggett »

Description:
This is a visual article, not a novel. This visual article was created to help spread a message of compassion to animals through a vegetarian or vegan diet and an inoffensive lifestyle.

Download Link:
Warning: uploading.com may download unwanted files to your computer.
http://uploading.com/files/e75a9c4f/Bib ... 1-all.zip/]Bible Message 1.1-all.zip - 17.6 MB

*There are no screenshots, as this is a visual article, not a visual novel.

Thanks you to everyone who has given feedback and suggestions. But, in light of new circumstances, the project is complete and there can be no more edits.
Last edited by Daggett on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Individuality's fine... As long as we all do it together.

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Message of the Bible

#2 Post by SusanTheCat »

Do you have any screenshots?

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#3 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Downloading to have a look. Nice sig.

Hey gang? Forcing Fullscreen and then disabling the menu is Not Good. Especially when pushing an agenda. I already dislike being preached at based on unquoted evidence ('many scholars.' Who specifically?)

Oh, and no need for screenshots. There's literally nothing to see but a black screen and some text.

Rating this one 'Avoid at all costs.'
Last edited by Crocosquirrel on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#4 Post by PyTom »

Reading through the source, this is a long single-image rant that tries to justify veganism on religious grounds. If that interests you - and you don't mind having your screen taken over, by all means, play this. Otherwise, don't bother.

Banned user Wright1000 appears to have been part of the team that made this - and it really feels like Wright's other games. I'm not going to remove it for that, but at the same time, I think it's relevant information.

I'm going to warn Daggett that if he does this again - post a game without any sort of description of the content, to try to trick people into reading through a game they likely won't want to play - then he will quickly join Wright on the banlist.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#5 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Note to those who are not code-savvy:

The line to disable the menu is in game/script.rpy, line 32, immediately after label start:

It reads: $_game_menu_screen = None

You can remove it or put a # in front of it, and you can get to the menu to exit, or adjust settings for windowed mode.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Daggett
Regular
Projects: The Gensoukyou Conspiracy (suspended), The Tribulation Of a Torn Anima (suspended), The Gensoukyou Project Funsized Edition

#6 Post by Daggett »

[Keep in mind, my reply should be read in a non-accusatory tone. Just as my intention when I typed it.]

Sorry, but is a visual article, not a novel. We are trying to spread the message of love and peace. We are not trying to attract viewers or earn profit from this project. So, only someone who is interested in the word of God, without any screenshot, or extra detail may read this.

P.S. I will consult with my partner and talk about the feedback we have received and maybe re-post a second version fixing your complaints. Would that be acceptable? Also, I don't feel this is a rant. More like a visual article supporting the subject at hand. We are only posting a visual article to help spread a message and an unoffensive lifestyle. If you, the reader, are 100% against our standpoint, then don't download and play it. But if you are curious at the least bit about vegetarianism or veganism, then by all means, download and play it. I, personally, wouldn't download a game supporting neo-fascism, so I don't.

Daggett
Regular

#7 Post by Daggett »

PyTom wrote:Reading through the source, this is a long single-image rant that tries to justify veganism on religious grounds. If that interests you - and you don't mind having your screen taken over, by all means, play this. Otherwise, don't bother.

Banned user Wright1000 appears to have been part of the team that made this - and it really feels like Wright's other games. I'm not going to remove it for that, but at the same time, I think it's relevant information.

I'm going to warn Daggett that if he does this again - post a game without any sort of description of the content, to try to trick people into reading through a game they likely won't want to play - then he will quickly join Wright on the banlist.
This game is technically my project as well. Is it against any rule to post game co-created by a banned user if it is nothing directly offensive to any users or people? If so, I would like to know now.

Also, I took down your edit, and replaced it with the description.
Last edited by Daggett on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daggett
Regular

#8 Post by Daggett »

DarkSpartan wrote:Note to those who are not code-savvy:

The line to disable the menu is in game/script.rpy, line 32, immediately after label start:

It reads: $_game_menu_screen = None

You can remove it or put a # in front of it, and you can get to the menu to exit, or adjust settings for windowed mode.
I am going to talk things over and see if we are going to permanently change that. I'll let everyone know later. I never noticed that because I was checking the script's wording for errors.

GoodHenry

Re: Thanatos Contract Episode II

#9 Post by GoodHenry »

Thanks for this article. It was simply great. If the admins are going to ban someone for trying to spread the message of love, I dont know what to say. All I would say is that Jesus Christ was crucified for speaking against injustice. So, getting banned because of such a trivial matter is likely. Anyway, the article was informative. I never knew Christianity and vegetarianism went along so nicely. Jesus was a vegetarian, and so were the apostles. I hope to read more such article. Keep up the good work.

[ Banned as a sockpuppet of Wright. ]

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#10 Post by PyTom »

Daggett wrote:This game is technically my project as well. Is it against any rule to post game co-created by a banned user if it is nothing directly offensive to any users or people? If so, I would like to know now.
It's not against the rules. Posting a game - one that takes over a user's computer without warning - without describing what it is is borderline uncivil. When you associate with banned users, you invite a higher degree of scrutiny then someone who doesn't.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Daggett
Regular

#11 Post by Daggett »

PyTom wrote:
Daggett wrote:This game is technically my project as well. Is it against any rule to post game co-created by a banned user if it is nothing directly offensive to any users or people? If so, I would like to know now.
It's not against the rules. Posting a game - one that takes over a user's computer without warning - without describing what it is is borderline uncivil. When you associate with banned users, you invite a higher degree of scrutiny then someone who doesn't.
I apologize. I was unaware of it was so dominating. As I have never tried to exit the game. And with the lack of description, I just posted the sentence my partner wanted me to. I can't make a good sounding sentence. Just look at my writing skills on the description I typed up. Subpar at best.

Daggett
Regular

#12 Post by Daggett »

Okay, everybody. I talked it over with my partner and we are going to make another version that is fixes the address problems.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#13 Post by MaiMai »

Also try replying to people in one post instead of making multiple messages that needlessly bump up the thread.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Daggett
Regular

#14 Post by Daggett »

MaiMai wrote:Also try replying to people in one post instead of making multiple messages that needlessly bump up the thread.
Sorry about that. I just thought that way if they weren't subscribed to this thread, it would notify them if I quoted them. I will keep that in mind. Thank you, MaiMai.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#15 Post by Gear »

I'm confused, which may just be me being confused for no good reason -- but if you're Pagan, why are you creating a Visual Article about the Christian Bible?
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.