The Rose of Segunda [GxB] [GxG] [Fantasy] [Commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
blackcross12
Regular
Completed: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Rose of Segunda, Homecoming, Heaven's Grave,
Projects: Best Friends Forever [IP], The Thorns of War [IP], Rise of the Phoenix [IP]
Organization: Blackcross & Taylor
Tumblr: blackcross-taylor
itch: blackcrosstaylor

The Rose of Segunda [GxB] [GxG] [Fantasy] [Commercial]

#1 Post by blackcross12 »

Story

In the kingdom of Segunda, the Crown Prince’s birthday celebrations are traditionally where he is expected to choose a bride. Your mother, the Duchess of Florentia, is very keen for her only daughter to become the next queen, so she sends you and your mischievous brother, Frederique, along with your family’s steward, Bastien, to the fortnight-long celebrations. Of course, just because your mother has her gaze fixed upon the Prince, does not mean you must follow suit.

Will you act like the perfect lady and convince the King to select you as the Prince's betrothed, or show your true colours and perhaps catch another's eye?

Gameplay

Decisions made in the outset of the game will determine your personality - with possibilities ranging from a diplomatic scholar to a bawdy hellion - and these, in turn, will open additional conversation options and scenarios that can help or hinder your relationships with those around you.

Game features

+ Approximately 102,000 words

+ 6 romance paths (4 male, 2 female)

+ 26 beautiful CGs

+ An enchanting score combining a mix of classical pieces with custom tracks composed to blend seamlessly together

Guilpost.png
CG19.jpg
CG18.jpg
tros2.jpg
walk.jpg
party.jpg
ImageImageImageImageImage

victorita9
Regular

Re: The Rose of Segunda [GxB] [GxG] [Fantasy] [Commercial]

#2 Post by victorita9 »

This game looks good! I'm playing this later tonight.

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#3 Post by Amiralo »

Finished all the routes last night. I loved the game.
Ironically, I wanted to see all hell break loose in the aftermath lmao (Can't wait to see the inevitable civil war that will ensue. I am betting my money on Leopold lmao. Unless Guillaume adapt and become less idealistic, I don't see how the well-meaning prince will win over the driven ursuper ahahaha)
Here, have some fanart
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

blackcross12
Regular
Completed: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Rose of Segunda, Homecoming, Heaven's Grave,
Projects: Best Friends Forever [IP], The Thorns of War [IP], Rise of the Phoenix [IP]

#4 Post by blackcross12 »

@victorita9
Thanks for your purchase. I really hope you enjoy playing it. ^_^

@Amiralo
Thank you for the feedback - I'm so glad you liked the game.
Yeah, it's a tough call - I imagine that a lot of it would depend on with whom the Parisis decide to ally. If anyone ^_~
And wow, my first piece of fanart! I feel like I've truly made it now. Thank you for sharing it with us. I'll be sure to tell the rest of the team, too - they'll be thrilled ^_^

Blackcross

victorita9
Regular

#5 Post by victorita9 »

I just finished the prince's path. I love the game. I like how her personality can be different depending on her choices in the beginning. The snarky dialogue is hilarious. The only thing that could make this game better is a tiny text epilogue, depending on your personality and ending.

blackcross12
Regular

#6 Post by blackcross12 »

@victorita9
Thanks for the feedback and I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the game so far. I did toy with the idea of adding epilogues, but it would be harder for some endings than others and I think some people prefer to imagine what lies in store for the characters in their playthroughs.

That said, a few people on itch have been asking for a sequel, so perhaps there will be more to come as it is. ^_^

Widdershins
Regular
Completed: Burdock
Projects: Bright Oak
Organization: Butterfly Rocket Studios
Tumblr: brightoakgame
itch: ButterflyRocket
Discord: Widdershins_Writes

#7 Post by Widdershins »

Thank you so much for creating such a delightful, well made game! The length is just perfect, and you did a wonderful job giving each character a distinct, clear voice and personality-- I could 'hear' each of them speak with ease as I read. It's also deeply refreshing to play a main character as intelligent, self-posessed, and genuinely charming as Iolanthe, and the side characters and romantic interests alike sparkle. The story itself is light and airy and well paced-- never lagged or felt bloated or dull. It was everything I hoped for in a sick day diversion, and I'm already looking forward to playing it again with different choices. Thank you!
ImageImage
Follow Bright Oak's progress on Itch ✨ Tumblr

blackcross12
Regular

#8 Post by blackcross12 »

@Widdershins
Thank you for the kind feedback - I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the game (especially since you were ill).

I hope you have fun trying out all the different options - what character build did you enjoy best for Iolanthe? I always liked hellion, diplomatic and strong. ^_^

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by philip »

@blackcross12-

Wasn't certain as to whether I would find this enjoyable or not, so I downloaded the demo rather than purchasing the entire game. I have just finished playing through the first time, and freely admit that I was greatly mistaken in my early reluctance! I was completely enveloped and engaged by the demo, and will purchase and download the complete game just as soon as I have completed this post. I am anxiously looking forward to making different choices for Iolanthe to see where it takes her. A great job; very well done!

I will return with further comments after I have thoroughly explored the entire story.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

blackcross12
Regular

#10 Post by blackcross12 »

@philip

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the demo enough to want to continue playing. I look forward to hearing what you thought of the rest of the game.

Blackcross

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by philip »

@blackcross12-

Well, as promised, I did purchase the full game and have been through it a couple of times; got two different endings. It's very enjoyable, and will go back to it to complete the Gallery and find the remaining endings. As I said earlier, it is a very pleasing story, both visually and intellectually and I highly recommend it!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

blackcross12
Regular

#12 Post by blackcross12 »

@philip

Ah, thanks for letting me know you're liking it so far. I hope you have fun with the rest. ^_^

Fantasysci5

#13 Post by Fantasysci5 »

I'm definitely enjoying the demo, and will probably end up buying the game! I love how you can shape your character's personality, and the love interests are personable. I'm not much into gxg but even the girls are likable and I might play it as friendships in my head. :)

blackcross12
Regular

#14 Post by blackcross12 »

@ Fantasysci5

I'm glad to hear you're having fun with the demo and I hope you enjoy the full game if you decide to purchase it.

Oh, and thanks for the tumblr follow ^_^

kirakana
Projects: My Sweet Heart

#15 Post by kirakana »

After playing the demo, there was absolutely no chance of not playing the whole game. I'm honestly surprised how much I've enjoyed all the routes, even Charlotte's since her character seemed a bit off-putting at first glance. In the end, her story ended being my third favourite (tied with the Prince's). The routes themselves were refreshingly varied, with the characters' personalities really shining through in every interaction. Of course, I wouldn't mind some additional scenarios or expended scenes, but the overall gaming experience was fantastic.

I do think that some endings were rather short-ish, so I'd definitely be interested in the sequel :) In any case, I look forward to seeing more from you!