College Romance II - Rise of the Little Brother

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
txqina
Regular

Re: College Romance II - Rise of the Little Brother

#31 Post by txqina »

Xelent96, I have removed College Romance from my computer and made it available to you via a Google Drive link (check your email).
Sorry for the delay in progressing this, let me know if there are any issues.

xelent96

#32 Post by xelent96 »

i downloaded it but i cant activate it... i guess since its website is gone.
Well thanks anyway though atleast i can play the demo for old time sake.

txqina
Regular

#33 Post by txqina »

So can you get the program to run?

What I downloaded was supposed to be a demo version, but it actually had the full content available.
Winter Wolves told me it appeared that they made a mistake, and let me keep it.
Whether it shows as a demo or not, if you can get to a route ending then it's the full working version.

Because of these unusual circumstances, my understanding is that you now have the only guaranteed 100% legit copy of this software on the entire planet (outside of the developers of course) that could work any more as a full working version.

xelent96

#34 Post by xelent96 »

Tested it and it worked perfectly, thank you so much. Not many people would be willing to help with a game that is as old as this one. Seriously thank you.

txqina
Regular

#35 Post by txqina »

"I love it when a plan comes together" - the A-Team.

DarkShockBro

#36 Post by DarkShockBro »

I would truly appreciate if you could send me the same link to me, as even the developers don't have the game anymore. I checked on their website.

txqina
Regular

#37 Post by txqina »

Sorry if I seem overly strict about this, but I had the right to pass on only one copy of the program.
Unless the original rights holder gives the green light for distribution of what I have (or fixes the game), this game is dead because even legitimate copies won't run any more.

I am trying to contact the original rights holder via the Winter Wolves website.
Last edited by txqina on Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by EwanG »

So here's the problem in a nutshell - I wrote the story, did the programming, and provided the background art. The folks at Winter Wolves paid for the character art, and handled publishing and running ads. At this point it would be difficult to setup to sell it again since they've moved on and would prefer not to support it (since they would need to get me involved to do so), and I don't own the character art and so would be breaking their contract with the artist to offer it.

Essentially I could do a "new" version of the game with new character art (to remove that issue) and with an updated version of RenPy. Could even talk with some voice actors about voicing and doing a bit more story that I ran out of time to do. But I'm not sure anyone really wants to spend a couple thousand dollars to do all that for such a niche game (I believe total sales were around 200). I know that Winter Wolves is still putting out some excellent games, so it might be worth checking out some of their other stuff instead.

Hope that clarifies things - even if it may not be the answer you were looking for.
Working on something... might even be something good :D

DarkShockBro

#39 Post by DarkShockBro »

That's fine. I appreciate the clarification. Just wanted to be sure I had exhausted all of my possible options.