MorningStar Zwei (NaNo 2009 late release) v1.2

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sol

Re: MorningStar Zwei (NaNo 2009 late release) v1.2

#91 Post by Sol »

Wow, it worked very well for me! And the music's still there!

Many thanks, ficedula.

(I enjoyed this game a lot; perhaps, it would be even better with some more romance/backstory between the girls while defining pairs, skill competitions between the teams (I mean, schools, regales vs auratums, is it right?) etc. Congrats!).

squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)
Organization: FlareBlue Entertainment

#92 Post by squark »

I think it was pretty much a hurried NaNoReNo entry (and while I was hoping for a bit of a story filler betwen MS and MSZ), it's got quite a few neat touches. Shizu, in particular. She's creepy, and I like that.
Without communication, nothing is possible.
"All we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore"
-- Edgar Allen Poe, "A Dream Within A Dream"
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Raven Hollow (on hold for now)
Peace and Love,
Squark

starfang42

#93 Post by starfang42 »

Now that I've played through a couple times, I guess I have a question or two. Mainly on the number of endings, and maybe a quick rundown of what they are. Done the paths for Chikako and Sakaki. Anyways...
So far I've gotten:
1: failure ending
2: do it yourself
I don't remember the numbers for them, but Chikako's and Sakaki's endings.
ending

11. I assume there's endings for the other two main characters, too...
So, first. Since PCB ending is 11, that means there's two that aren't accounted for by the first two endings and one for each MC. Are there multiple endings for one or two of the characters? Does one of the secondary characters have a path Second, is there a 12th ending? A...for lack of better word, happier ending for Cherry Blossom mode? If so, some hints to get on that path would be nice.
All in all, really liking it. Going to at least do the other two Main Characters.

ficedula
Regular

#94 Post by ficedula »

Heya,
Firstly - no, there's only one Cherry Blossom ending.

Secondly - there's theoretically 11 endings, because each character has two endings: A 'good' ending, and a 'bad' one where they agree to help you but leave you afterwards.

That said, I've just looked over the scripts, and I'm now not entirely convinced it's possible to trigger those endings, because if your relationship score is high enough to convince them to help you I think it's always high enough to trigger the good ending! So we may have screwed that one up.

If you can trigger those endings, then that gives you 2 per character (=8 total), plus the Lose and Win Alone endings, plus the Cherry Blossom ending makes 11.

If you can't, then they're only different ending texts after the main game is over so you haven't missed seeing any scenes :/

starfang42

#95 Post by starfang42 »

Heh. Leave it to me to miscount. Good with math, not so good with attention to detail, sometimes.

Anyways,
I take it endings 3-6 are the "bad" endings, then?
Also, is the chapel ever used for any events? I've gotten an ending for each MC now, and even with saving and reloading, haven't run into anything there yet.

...Actually, same question for the student council house. Anything to make that different than the usual? I think someone mentioned something regarding Akami happening there, but I never saw it.

ficedula
Regular

#96 Post by ficedula »

Well,
the bad endings are mostly odd-numbered events, IIRC? Sakaki's is #3, and Miyu's is #5.
I don't think the council house or chapel are used for any character events in MSZ. The locations are used for certain story events (in the intro & finale), of course.

In MS there is an effect from visiting them, and, well, MSZ is sort of copied from the first game in terms of structure, which is why you still have the option to go there even though nothing will ever really happen ;)

Bohoy

#97 Post by Bohoy »

I just found out about the Morning Star games and they sound very interesting.
However I can't find a working link for either of them anywhere.
Does anyone have a working download for me? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I found a download for the first game on Ren'Py Games list but it's buggy and crashes consistently after a few specific choices. I imagine it's an outdated version (?)