As Vast as the Sea [Ludum Dare] [Free | Short | Yuri | GxG]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mikomi
Veteran

As Vast as the Sea [Ludum Dare] [Free | Short | Yuri | GxG]

#1 Post by Mikomi »

A modern Greek romance...

Erita has had enough of her life on her island and set sails one night to finally leave it all behind- only, when she wakes up, she finds she has left her entire world behind. Awoken by a mermaid, Erita finds herself in the underwater city of Ogygia, her new home. Help her find her place in this new world!

Features:
  • 2 female love interests with 1 ending each
  • Around 30 minutes of story
Credits:
  • Art, writing, and programming was done by me, Mikomi Kisomi
  • Music was by Alcaknight
  • Backgrounds were edited from Unsplash

This game was made in under 72 hour for Ludum Dare #41.

Phew, another Ludum Dare over with! This LD was somewhat stressful from IRL stuff (attending class, doing homework, going to work, etc.) and from not properly setting a good scope at the beginning (and ended up biting off more than I could chew) but it's over now and my game is finished! I hope you all enjoy it!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: As Vast as the Sea [Ludum Dare] [Free | Short | Yuri | GxG]

#2 Post by Zelan »

There's an impressive amount of art and writing here for a Ludum Dare game. Congratulations on completing it. c:

I really like the clean art style that you' used here; I especially like the way that you drew the girls' hair, and I love Arylese's coral crown.
I liked Arylese's ending the best. I figured out once she mentioned always falling in love that she was based off of Calypso, and I've always felt she got the short end of the stick when she didn't deserve it. I'm glad she was able to get a happy ending of sorts. c:

Cyrce's ending didn't feel as genuine; it felt like Arylese's happiness was being taken away, and we only ever saw her on three occasions. I think that makes sense, though, given that the Circe from the myths was a witch.