[ANDROID UPDATE] Vincit, a faceless rest [Free] [Short, Experimental, Friendship] [FR, ENG]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nighten
Regular
Completed: Vincit, Sentiment Enneigés, The Devil took my Candies
Github: NightenDushi
itch: nighten
Discord: Nighten#3081

[ANDROID UPDATE] Vincit, a faceless rest [Free] [Short, Experimental, Friendship] [FR, ENG]

#1 Post by Nighten »

Bonjour!
I'm Nighten, a French and hairy creature. I'm proud to present you my first and fully completed Visual Novel: Vincit!
Vincit is a short Visual Novel about the friendship between two convalescents. It's mean to be abstract and experimental, but the story doesn't put the reader aside; It's easy to understand!
I made it in one week on my free time, but it takes me a long time to translate it into English. Thanks to AntiquedFae, the translation quality have highly increased; I hope you'll enjoy the work she has put in!

You can download it for free on Itch for Windows, Mac and Linux.
-Game time: 10 to 15 minutes
-1 route and 3 different ending

The download also include all the source files, which you can freely use for inspiration or placeholder for your project.
If you have any comments or critics to make, please do! It's will help me a lot to do better next time.

Have a good day fellows developers!
Last edited by Nighten on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you need help with your project, you can hire me as a programmer! :D

Image ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Vincit, a faceless rest [Free] [Short, Experimental, Friendship] [FR, ENG]

#2 Post by Zelan »

I like the watercolor art! It's an uncommon style for a VN but I thought it was pretty and fit your story well. c:

I played all three endings. They were very simple, but I liked how they all ended hopefully, and I'm glad the two characters always had each other to lean on.

There were a few grammatical errors in the English translation (one that really stood out was "Everyone have" which should be "Everyone has") but there weren't very many of them and the story was still understandable. You and AntiquatedFae did a wonderful job on the translation. c: I look forward to seeing more work from you!

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#3 Post by AntiquedFae »

Zelan wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:36 pm There were a few grammatical errors in the English translation (one that really stood out was "Everyone have" which should be "Everyone has") but there weren't very many of them and the story was still understandable.
UGH. There is something, always there is something! Why can I not make a perfect script, just once? OTL

Zelan wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:36 pmYou and AntiquatedFae did a wonderful job on the translation. c:
Thank you so much for enjoying it despite my errors. ;.; That's really sweet of you.
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

AntiquedFae wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:40 pmUGH. There is something, always there is something! Why can I not make a perfect script, just once? OTL
Haha, I know the feeling. It's our eternal curse *_*

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#5 Post by AntiquedFae »

Zelan wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:36 pm Haha, I know the feeling. It's our eternal curse *_*
Yep. D:
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Helen
Projects: "Rouge-Neige" et "Benkyou Shimashou"

#6 Post by Helen »

Salut Nighten ! J'ai passé un moment agréable devant ton jeu. À la fois inquiétant car on espère que les personnages vont s'en sortir, et à la fois calme et reposant, avec tout ce blanc. On se demande d'ailleurs si c'est un rêve, ou le paradis, ce qui se rapproche du thème de ton histoire.
Elle m'a plu car elle est courte et elle paraît vraie, vécue. Elle m'a également plu car tu m'as montré qu'on peut raconter une belle histoire avec de simples images. J'ai un combat intérieur face à tous ces bons dessinateurs que j'envie, et j'ai à tout prix envie de faire quelque chose de détaillé pour que mon travail paraisse plus professionnel. Mais non, je ne suis pas obligée de me mettre la pression et de détailler à tout prix.
Faire à sa manière est la meilleure des choses :)
Find my Visual Novel Image (FR) on itch.io

Nighten
Regular

#7 Post by Nighten »

First, thank you both so much for your nice feedback on my little game. It’s really mean a lot to me, seen your comment make me breathless (literally). I take good note of your opinion to make my next project better.
Zelan wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:36 pm I like the watercolor art! It's an uncommon style for a VN but I thought it was pretty and fit your story well. c:

I played all three endings. They were very simple, but I liked how they all ended hopefully, and I'm glad the two characters always had each other to lean on.

There were a few grammatical errors in the English translation (one that really stood out was "Everyone have" which should be "Everyone has") but there weren't very many of them and the story was still understandable. You and AntiquatedFae did a wonderful job on the translation. c: I look forward to seeing more work from you!
As for the grammatical errors, thanks @Zelan to point one of them ; I will correct it in a next update (with some other improvements, I think to add an Android build for example).
Thanks again for your sweet encouragement! c:
Helen wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:34 pm Salut Nighten ! J'ai passé un moment agréable devant ton jeu. À la fois inquiétant car on espère que les personnages vont s'en sortir, et à la fois calme et reposant, avec tout ce blanc. On se demande d'ailleurs si c'est un rêve, ou le paradis, ce qui se rapproche du thème de ton histoire.
Elle m'a plu car elle est courte et elle paraît vraie, vécue. Elle m'a également plu car tu m'as montré qu'on peut raconter une belle histoire avec de simples images. J'ai un combat intérieur face à tous ces bons dessinateurs que j'envie, et j'ai à tout prix envie de faire quelque chose de détaillé pour que mon travail paraisse plus professionnel. Mais non, je ne suis pas obligée de me mettre la pression et de détailler à tout prix.
Faire à sa manière est la meilleure des choses :)
Merci @Helen! You totally get the point of Vincit, you can’t imagine how it’s make me happy. I send you a pm so we can discuss a little more, you know, in our native language!
And by the way, don’t forget that a lot of peoples can’t read french here; It would be nice to include them in the conversation by translating your message (I know it’s a lot of work when you are not so comfortable with English, but I just remind the forum rule!).

Amour! :D

Image ImageImage

Nighten
Regular

Re: [ANDROID UPDATE] Vincit, a faceless rest [Free] [Short, Experimental, Friendship] [FR, ENG]

#8 Post by Nighten »

Bonjour !
A little, and probably one of the last, update for Vincit.
As part of some grammar correction, I built Vincit for your Android phone ! It was more of an excuse to test the .apk export with Ren’Py, but I hope phone lovers will appreciate it !
If you have any problem with this version please let me know !

And finally I added a little surprise when you finish the game for the first time. Not something really huge, but it’s my way to reward the reader who go through my story !

Image ImageImage