Belong [FREE][GBNxGB][ROMANCE][CUSTOMISIABLE MC][NEW POVS!]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
click
Regular
Completed: Belong
Tumblr: aflutterstudios
itch: aflutter

Belong [FREE][GBNxGB][ROMANCE][CUSTOMISIABLE MC][NEW POVS!]

#1 Post by click »

Game out now on Itch.io!
Coming to Android Playstore too, release date TBA.

With luck, you secured yourself a part-time job. With time, you might get more than you bargained for.

• Customisable main character name, gender and personality options!
  • 3 romanceable paths ( 2 Males & 1 Female )!
  • No stats build up!
  • Over 80,500 words of content!
Characters:

Your first encounter was a sticky situation. Fortunately, it didn’t stick for long. Time to time you find the familiar red jacket within your sights.
Will you take the time to sit down and know him?

The chary make-up artist rather let his works speak for himself. Will you stay by his side and hear the bubbling words he struggles with?

Smiles grace her lips, her rose tinted glasses adorns her lovely face.
You can’t help but wonder what lies underneath them.

Belong's 1st year anniversary presents:
  • Complete GUI overhaul!
    Point of Views (POVs) unlocked upon completion of respective love interests' route!
    Each route has 3 POVs!
    Total POV word count of 28,000!
    Unlock a special POV upon collection of all the stickers!

✧。٩(ˊᗜˋ)و✧*。 Brought to you by indie developer Click from

Belong Sprite Artist April is open for commissions here!

For more updates follow us on:

Twitter : https://twitter.com/aflutterstudios
Tumblr : https://aflutterstudios.tumblr.com/
Last edited by click on Fri May 31, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

click
Regular

Re: Belong [FREE OTOME] [ROMANCE] [CUSTOMISIABLE MC]

#2 Post by click »

Screenshots

Gender Selection(Old screenshot):

Personality Options:

Characters:

Belong's 1st year anniversary presents:
  • Complete GUI overhaul!
Feast your eyes on the new Belong themed main screen, menu screen, text box and many more~
  • Point of Views (POVs) unlocked upon completion of respective love interests' route!
    Each route has 3 POVs!
    Total POV word count of 28,000!
Curious about what your love interest is thinking about? Time to put on their shoes and take a glimpse of their daily life!

Lastly, unlock a special POV upon collection of all the stickers!
Last edited by click on Fri May 31, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isotta

#3 Post by Isotta »

This game is so cute on so many levels!!!! <3

The art is pleasant, and the musical theme is very fitting but want to know what is truly remarkable?
The characters!

Honestly, I'm not only talking about the main cast (MC plus love interest) but also the side characters, especially MC's father!
And of course the three different routes: I have to say I'm particularly impressed with how every love interest has weaknesses and goals, as well as the MC of course, and how some of the issues were confronted.

I'm so looking forward to see what other games you'll make in the future, this one is awesome :D

ParrotWatcher
Regular
Completed: Unearth your Gays
Projects: Lovecraft Academy
Tumblr: parrotwatcher
itch: parrotwatcher

#4 Post by ParrotWatcher »

This is a very nice, sweet game, and I completely agree with Isotta about how great the characters are (okay; I've only done Flint's route so far, but I'm assuming the others will hold up too).

My only real issue isn't with the game itself, but with the thread title: this is not an "otome", which would be specifically for a female protagonist, and I probably would have passed over it if I hadn't spotted the reference to gender selection. I'm not entirely sure what you would call this game (GBNxGB?), but "otome" is wrong, and may deter potential players.
Please check out my BL WiP, Lovecraft Academy!

click
Regular

#5 Post by click »

Hello everyone! Here's a short Q&A with our mysterious guys.

The next Q&A will be about Dylan!

Our lovely artist, April, has opened sprites commission too. Please check it out~
Isotta wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:16 pm This game is so cute on so many levels!!!! <3

The art is pleasant, and the musical theme is very fitting but want to know what is truly remarkable?
The characters!

Honestly, I'm not only talking about the main cast (MC plus love interest) but also the side characters, especially MC's father!
And of course the three different routes: I have to say I'm particularly impressed with how every love interest has weaknesses and goals, as well as the MC of course, and how some of the issues were confronted.

I'm so looking forward to see what other games you'll make in the future, this one is awesome :D
Erm okay this is embarrassing as I just saw this but know that I'm elated to hear you enjoyed Belong! Writing my ocs into life was my favourite process and I'm glad you like them.

Sorry this took a month to reply but better late than never heh. Who is your favourite character if you don't mind me asking?
ParrotWatcher wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:12 am This is a very nice, sweet game, and I completely agree with Isotta about how great the characters are (okay; I've only done Flint's route so far, but I'm assuming the others will hold up too).

My only real issue isn't with the game itself, but with the thread title: this is not an "otome", which would be specifically for a female protagonist, and I probably would have passed over it if I hadn't spotted the reference to gender selection. I'm not entirely sure what you would call this game (GBNxGB?), but "otome" is wrong, and may deter potential players.
Thank you so much for playing Belong~ I hope you enjoyed the other routes too if you do play them!

I have updated the title as per your suggestion! To me every dating sim is an otome haha, I'll take note in the future.

click
Regular

Re: Belong [FREE][GBNxGB][ROMANCE][CUSTOMISIABLE MC]

#6 Post by click »

New Trailer!

It has been three months since Belong has been released! Thank you to those who have played, especially to those who have left kind words.

To those who are planning to play, here's our trailer to give you the push you need~

The trailer was made by our wonderful sprite artist April! Please shower her with the love she deserves.

A dollar for my thoughts?
For a minimum of USD$1, you will unlock the Belong Concept Book. These 55 pages of content will feature the process of creating Belong from planning, writing and sprites etc. Those who have previously donated at least USD$1 will receive the PDF via email this week.

Sept Q&A has been decided!
For the first time ever, we have a tie! Our Man In Red will be answering both questions hosted by Dylan. Look forward to it by late September.

Thank you for supporting Belong. We hope you have a pleasant month ahead~

chiharuchi
Regular

#7 Post by chiharuchi »

Okay umm, I haven't played much of the game but I noticed some things. The characters. Some of them seems too cheerful that it kinda seems fake. It's like you're trying to convince the player that they are very flirtatious and dramatic. It felt like.. They're not a real person their personalities. I'm sorry I know it's just a simple project but I gotta be honest. That kind of super cheerful flirty thing, I've seen it too many times and I don't think it works anymore. At least for me. I value writing and characters. I'm not trying to say to be completely unique and otherworldly because they are slice-of-life stories that were really good.

Next, within seconds, without any real events that create a connection between the player and the characters, suddenly an emotional scene plays. If this is a short visual novel, then you could've given snippets of the player and character spending time together. Something like "After the moment with Flint at the part, he started paying more attention to you and you talk to him at the company whenever you had the chance. It has been a week after the event at the park. You were glad and happy that you get to know him." Or something to tell the players that they got closer during the time skip. It's just strange all of a sudden they're all chummy and flirting without even feeling that the time has passed and they spent time together. It threw me off that the MC and Flint suddenly have a blushing scene after the angry Flint scene. To me, that wasn't a strong enough emotional connection for them to like each other yet. It was just too soon in a short amount of time.

A person is more complicated than some few comforting scenes to suddenly get blushy. If they get more interested in each other and want to get to know them, I understand. But I don't think it's enough to straight out be like "You'd be upset if you didn't meet Flint flint whether it's fate or not." That feels weird. It's too soon to say things like that. If quite awhile did pass and they did spent time with each other, you didn't tell us.

They weren't enough events to even have a love connection. Well I haven't played the whole game but this is what I think. I'm not telling you to change the writing of the whole game or delete the game or anything. For future references when you make more games. And keep in mind of criticism from people also. When people always compliment you, you won't know what's wrong and so you can't do something about it. Good luck on your future games :D :D

Also forgive me for any mistakes I made.

click
Regular

#8 Post by click »

chiharuchi wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:24 am Okay umm, I haven't played much of the game but I noticed some things. The characters. Some of them seems too cheerful that it kinda seems fake. It's like you're trying to convince the player that they are very flirtatious and dramatic. It felt like.. They're not a real person their personalities. I'm sorry I know it's just a simple project but I gotta be honest. That kind of super cheerful flirty thing, I've seen it too many times and I don't think it works anymore. At least for me. I value writing and characters. I'm not trying to say to be completely unique and otherworldly because they are slice-of-life stories that were really good.

Next, within seconds, without any real events that create a connection between the player and the characters, suddenly an emotional scene plays. If this is a short visual novel, then you could've given snippets of the player and character spending time together. Something like "After the moment with Flint at the part, he started paying more attention to you and you talk to him at the company whenever you had the chance. It has been a week after the event at the park. You were glad and happy that you get to know him." Or something to tell the players that they got closer during the time skip. It's just strange all of a sudden they're all chummy and flirting without even feeling that the time has passed and they spent time together. It threw me off that the MC and Flint suddenly have a blushing scene after the angry Flint scene. To me, that wasn't a strong enough emotional connection for them to like each other yet. It was just too soon in a short amount of time.

A person is more complicated than some few comforting scenes to suddenly get blushy. If they get more interested in each other and want to get to know them, I understand. But I don't think it's enough to straight out be like "You'd be upset if you didn't meet Flint flint whether it's fate or not." That feels weird. It's too soon to say things like that. If quite awhile did pass and they did spent time with each other, you didn't tell us.

They weren't enough events to even have a love connection. Well I haven't played the whole game but this is what I think. I'm not telling you to change the writing of the whole game or delete the game or anything. For future references when you make more games. And keep in mind of criticism from people also. When people always compliment you, you won't know what's wrong and so you can't do something about it. Good luck on your future games :D :D

Also forgive me for any mistakes I made.
Hello there! Thank you for your honest feedback and I appreciate it. Please know I am not offended or mad about this. I didn't realise the lack of bonding, probably because I planned and spent a lot of time developing the ocs it felt like they knew each other well enough. I will take note of this. I apologise that Belong was not an enjoyable experience for you.

If you ever try the other routes, I hope you enjoy them and I will accept the criticisms with an open mind.

Virelai
Regular

#9 Post by Virelai »

Hello! Congratulations on the release of this game--I know you must've put so much work into it and all that hard work really paid off! I know this game has been out for a while and I've actually kind of let it sit in my library, but now that I've finished most of the routes, I can give an accurate review of how I feel about it!

For all that it really is, this game is short, sweet, simple and heartwarming. I think it's really cool how you came up with the title, and the GUI that is presented when you're picking your romanceable character. I also do appreciate the customizable parts in the beginning, and how the relationship between the MC and her father is set up (I love my dad a lot haha so I see myself in the scenes where MC is with her dad). Additionally, the music adds a really nice touch and the sound effects make the world in the VN a little more realistic!

I'm not sure if you were intending to make a super in-depth project, but I personally felt that this VN had more of a "oh I have free time I'll play this game" type of vibe. Although the characters are really loveable, I somehow feel like they're kind of surface level? As the story developed, we got to know each of the characters' backstories as well as what they struggled with, but I found that each character had a similar ending in that
their struggle forced them to break up with MC, and then through love and perseverance (if the MC decides to) the couple gets back together!!!
If a certain route was like that, I would've been fine with that, but the storyline did feel relatively repetitive. I do appreciate how relatable all of the characters were though...I feel like I encompassed at least one trait from each character, and I could definitely relate with the problems MC and her S/O went through. I think a way to really make the characters more in-depth is to really nail down a person's mannerisms. I think it's really easy to simply describe someone, but what sets a person apart from everyone else and what makes a person so unique is their humanity, you know? So maybe including more flashbacks of their childhood, or establishing some unique traits about each character right from the start that makes the reader recognize, "Oh this is what sets this character apart from all the other side characters."

In other areas, I felt like the artwork and style was really appropriate for this VN, and overall I would recommend this VN. But I wouldn't say that the writing makes this VN stand out from the other ones. I hope that this is constructive criticism and I really hope that this doesn't offend you--I say these with the best intentions in mind, and I hope that you'll continue making VNs (-: <3

click
Regular

#10 Post by click »

Virelai wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:47 am Hello! Congratulations on the release of this game--I know you must've put so much work into it and all that hard work really paid off! I know this game has been out for a while and I've actually kind of let it sit in my library, but now that I've finished most of the routes, I can give an accurate review of how I feel about it!

For all that it really is, this game is short, sweet, simple and heartwarming. I think it's really cool how you came up with the title, and the GUI that is presented when you're picking your romanceable character. I also do appreciate the customizable parts in the beginning, and how the relationship between the MC and her father is set up (I love my dad a lot haha so I see myself in the scenes where MC is with her dad). Additionally, the music adds a really nice touch and the sound effects make the world in the VN a little more realistic!

I'm not sure if you were intending to make a super in-depth project, but I personally felt that this VN had more of a "oh I have free time I'll play this game" type of vibe. Although the characters are really loveable, I somehow feel like they're kind of surface level? As the story developed, we got to know each of the characters' backstories as well as what they struggled with, but I found that each character had a similar ending in that
their struggle forced them to break up with MC, and then through love and perseverance (if the MC decides to) the couple gets back together!!!
If a certain route was like that, I would've been fine with that, but the storyline did feel relatively repetitive. I do appreciate how relatable all of the characters were though...I feel like I encompassed at least one trait from each character, and I could definitely relate with the problems MC and her S/O went through. I think a way to really make the characters more in-depth is to really nail down a person's mannerisms. I think it's really easy to simply describe someone, but what sets a person apart from everyone else and what makes a person so unique is their humanity, you know? So maybe including more flashbacks of their childhood, or establishing some unique traits about each character right from the start that makes the reader recognize, "Oh this is what sets this character apart from all the other side characters."

In other areas, I felt like the artwork and style was really appropriate for this VN, and overall I would recommend this VN. But I wouldn't say that the writing makes this VN stand out from the other ones. I hope that this is constructive criticism and I really hope that this doesn't offend you--I say these with the best intentions in mind, and I hope that you'll continue making VNs (-: <3

Hello Virelai! Thank you very much for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed playing Belong!

I had written Belong aiming for a relaxing and feel-good vibe. Since it's my first project, I also wanted to play it safe and understand my limitations as well. For example, initially, I thought I could just take weeks to write everything (total understatement) when it actually took months. These experiences will help me plan for future games better.

As for the characters depth, I do have plans to add the love interests POVs next year so players could understand them more.

Again, thank you and have a good week ahead!

click
Regular

#11 Post by click »

It's Belong's 1st year anniversary! In celebration, Belong has been updated with new GUI and POVs!

Check out the main post for the updates~

Also, check out our android whatsapp stickers to lighten up your chats!

Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy the new build~