Echoes of the Fey: The Last Sacrament [Romance/Fantasy/Mystery][Commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

Echoes of the Fey: The Last Sacrament [Romance/Fantasy/Mystery][Commercial]

#1 Post by storykween »

Greetings all! Our small team at Woodsy Studio is so happy to announce that Echoes of the Fey - Episode 2: The Last Sacrament is finally released! This is our first big release of a game made in Unreal Engine 4, and also the most ambitious game we've ever made in general. We've poured a lot of tears into this project and thought many times that we wouldn't make it to the finish line... but here we are! And we hope that as a result, this is the best game we've made yet.

Get it on Steam

Get it on itch

Price is $13.99 with a 10% launch discount the first week

The Echoes of the Fey series mixes a high fantasy setting with the mysteries and conspiracies of pulp detective fiction. Play as Sofya Rykov, a private investigator with a secret of her own: she is the only Human able to wield unlimited magic. Her country of Oraz is recovering from a 30-year war between Humans and Leshin (elves) over the use of Fey energy, so her unstable magic is best kept secret.

Each episode *stands alone* as a story. Playing previous episodes may provide extra insights into the story and characters, but is not required.

In The Last Sacrament, Sofya’s loyalty grows divided when she is hired for one job and blackmailed into another. Sofya’s childhood love and the Emperor’s daughter, Katerina, seeks her protection from threats near the border. Katerina’s rival Nikolai, a ruthless local politician, needs a dangerous drug stolen from the powerful Krovakyn Church and has the leverage to force Sofya to do it. All the while, Katerina and Nikolai clash over control over the city—and Sofya’s heart.

Large segments of The Last Sacrament will play as a point and click adventure game with dialogue in the traditional style of a visual novel. But unlike earlier Woodsy Studio games, The Last Sacrament also features an in-world tabletop RPG called RiftRealms. Inspired by story-focused pen and paper games, Sofya will play RiftRealms games with various supporting characters as dungeon master. Players will both build a character in RiftRealms to fight increasingly more powerful foes, and learn about the key players in Sofya’s life through how they choose to tell a RiftRealms story.

While the characters of Echoes of the Fey play RiftRealms with Sofya, they reveal their own prejudices and beliefs through their strategies. They serve as “dungeon masters” who try to create a gaming experience for Sofya (and thus the player) that is both entertaining and challenging. Kind and compassionate characters like Heremon might slip up by making the game too easy, while ruthless characters like Arkady transform the game into a harrowing experience.

Despite her hardships, Sofya gets many chances to find love amidst her adventures. She can forge a romantic bond with Nikolai, Heremon, Katerina, or Arkady as she tries to escape the dangers of her predicament.

I sincerely hope you all enjoy this game and look forward to hearing what you think!
My website: woodsy-studio.com

nancie
Regular

Re: Echoes of the Fey: The Last Sacrament [Romance/Fantasy/Mystery][Commercial]

#2 Post by nancie »

Hey Jenny, Congrats on the release been looking forward to it. I have found a game stopping bug. On day two when Sofia is going out to investigate
Where Heremon has been spending his time, talking to the waitress if you try to ask about Heremon it just skips the dialog and asks again what you'd like to say minus the game choice and if you try to pick Heremon again it asks if she likes to play rift realms I chose not to play yet and the dialogue continued to ask if she had seen Heremon and them about any strange lechians (spelling?) and then the game just gets stuck cant advance the dialogue can't leave, nothing. I also tried restarting the game and doing it again. It still got stuck.
No error message or anything I'll go back and try some different choices to see if I can bypass it for now.
Oh and enjoying the game so far!! :wink:

Just a quick update I can bypass this if I choose to play Anya's dungeon instead of asking her questions. Hope that helps.

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

Re: Echoes of the Fey: The Last Sacrament [Romance/Fantasy/Mystery][Commercial]

#3 Post by storykween »

Hi nancie, I'm sorry you hit that bug; thanks for letting me know! The good news is that specific line of questioning actually doesn't affect the quest at all and you can bypass it completely without it affecting anything. HINT:
talk to Simion instead.
In any case, I'll push an update very soon to fix that scene with Anya!
My website: woodsy-studio.com