Strawberry Daiquiri [BxB][Game Jam][itch.io][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
bishounen_p
Tumblr: capnbishy
itch: bishounenp

Strawberry Daiquiri [BxB][Game Jam][itch.io][Free]

#1 Post by bishounen_p »

Hi, I'm a lurker of Lemma Soft, first time poster. My name is Bish! I just released my first VN that I worked on with some of my friends including parttimestorier who I think is mildly active on here, as she's the one who wanted me to post it here!

Here is a link to the itch.io page: https://bishounenp.itch.io/strawberry-daiquiri
The VNDB: https://vndb.org/v23358

Here is the description:
A short, kinetic VN made for Yaoi Jam 2018.
An unnamed and soft-spoken bartender listens in on stories from Antonio, a man with a cybernetic eye, and Orion, a new face at the bar.

If anyone plays it, please let me know what you think!
Thanks!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Strawberry Daiquiri [BxB][Game Jam][itch.io][Free]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Hi there! This game was super cute! ^_^ I am a huge, huge fan of one-scene, character-driven VNs like this. You did a great job with both of your characters - I found all of them to be really likable and their interactions were great. (I know Ghiri was supposed to be kind of a trash person but I love him anyway tbh.) The bartender was great, too, a little awkward but seemed to be a generally good person. And of course Antonio and Orion were both adorable! I especially love the idea for Orion's job, it isn't something that I see often and I think it fits him really well. c:

I also think it's cool that you did something different with the sprites - I haven't seen many visual novels that have their sprites in a sitting position, and of those few, yours is the only one that I've seen that utilizes more than one background. Major props to your artist for that! I also thought the main menu was cool, especially how the quit button was the exit sign on the door!

Just, the art and writing were both phenomenal and I'd really love to see more of your works, whether they're more short games like this one or longer ones.