The Telepathy Club and the Summer Festival [Free] [Otome, Romance, GxB] [Summer Novel Festival]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
December
Tumblr: december-snow.tumblr.com
itch: december

The Telepathy Club and the Summer Festival [Free] [Otome, Romance, GxB] [Summer Novel Festival]

#1 Post by December »

Now available on itch.io!
"If you wanted to make friends, how would you start?"
"I'd start a club."

You've recently moved into a new town, hoping your telepathy-riddled problems will take care of themselves. You're already used to a quiet, uneventful life when you meet a pair of best friends that promise to change that. Summer is almost ending, but maybe it's just the fresh start you need.

Features:
  • two male romanceable love interests
  • two hair color choices to customize your renameable MC
  • original art assets
  • no bad endings

Screenshots:
--------
Hello everyone! This is my first post in this community but I hope to keep making more projects, so please look forward to them! I'm open to any kind of feedback so please don't hesitate in letting me know if there's anything I could incorporate or improve on. Thank you for reading!

Virelai
Regular

Re: The Telepathy Club and the Summer Festival [Free] [Otome, Romance, GxB] [Summer Novel Festival]

#2 Post by Virelai »

ahhhh this is one of the softest VNs I've ever read. (-':

This was short and so incredibly sweet and was such a pleasure to read. I especially loved the music because fit the atmosphere of the story really well, and although I personally can't really relate to the MC, I can definitely empathize and understand her background from how you thoroughly explained her story.

I think the reason why I liked this VN so much was because of the way you wrote it. (I mean duh majority of a VN is the story itself HAHA).
We really don't know much about the MC, and I was surprised to find out that her powers don't actually determine a huge part of the story. (I'm not sure if you intended it to be that way though.) Because we only know bits and pieces about the MC, I found that it was actually really easy for me to see myself in her shoes. Whether someone is a social butterfly, or someone a little awkward and unsure like her, we can all relate with the feeling of meeting someone new for the first time and worrying about what we say, that friend's impression of us, and how we carry ourselves around them. I am by no means a timid and shy person, but her worries were something I definitely have felt before.
In terms of mechanics, the artwork is really gorgeous and the GUI is simple yet still really aesthetic and unique. The way the plot was set up/written worked really well with the length--everything was described very well
(from the way Elijah's hair was clipped to the things on MC's desk)
, but it wasn't overkill and I didn't feel like any of the actual writing was "fluff" (aka useless or just empty words).

You did so so well and welcome to the community! I'm excited to see what other projects you plan on undergoing (-: ❤

December

Re: The Telepathy Club and the Summer Festival [Free] [Otome, Romance, GxB] [Summer Novel Festival]

#3 Post by December »

Virelai wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:46 pm
We really don't know much about the MC, and I was surprised to find out that her powers don't actually determine a huge part of the story. (I'm not sure if you intended it to be that way though.)
I also felt as well that in this,
her powers don't really participate much in the narrative, I even thought of completely cutting it out.
I am planning a part two though, and there, MC's powers will for sure have more impact on the story. I already have plans on what events I'm going to be including that will revolve around that aspect of her more. Thank you for the feedback and kind words!! I'm glad you as a player could relate to her, that was definitely one of my goals. I'll keep working hard! : DD

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#4 Post by illuminate001 »

Hi December!

So I just finished this VN last night, and the entire time I was just like “awwww”. :)

I think it’s shortness is good and allows the game to keep its charm fresh. I guess I “chose” Noah, although I wasn’t ever aiming to romance him...I just felt bad for him and wanted to try being a friend.

And guess what, we left the shore as a troupe, side by side, friends under fading light by fireworks and I loved it. Some consider “friendship” endings as consolation prizes, but I was aiming to be his friend and was...so to me, i won. Lol.

Your VN made me think of teenage summers, of purer times, of making new friends and the freshness of being young. Thank you.
ImageImage
ImageImage

December

#5 Post by December »

Hi illuminate,
Saying you felt bad for Noah and wanted to try being his friend is interesting! I've never thought of it that way so thank you for bringing it up, and thank you for playing! Maybe I was too focused on the romance aspect, and didn't consider that players could choose between Noah and Elijah on wanting to get to know them better beyond love interests, and instead just as friends. I'll have to think on that some more!
Thank you again for playing, and might I say, you have such a lovely way with words!!

myuunie
Tumblr: myuun

#6 Post by myuunie »

Hello hello!

I just finished the game and I will say, although it iiiiis quite short for my true enjoyment, I can definitely see the sweetness that everyone is finding in it! It is very cute and gentle. I just really, really want to see more elongated romantic routes with both of the guys. It's such a great premise, I read that you're looking into making a part 2 and I really hope you do! I would love to learn more about both of them since this seems like such a small treat. ;v; But a treat it is! You've done a really good job and I hope you continue their stories!

December

#7 Post by December »

Hello myuunie!
I'm so glad you're enjoying the romance! I've been making little plot notes here and there, so I hope I'll be able to release the next installment in the series soon, definitely with more moments between the MC and the love interests! I plan on fleshing them out more, as the Summer Festival was more of an introduction and I hope the characters will meet your expectations. Thank you, thank you! This is just the motivation I needed to seriously work on it again!