The Bare Escape [Fantasy, Romance, Comedy][GxB][GxG][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Vagrant-Muffin
Regular
Completed: The Bare Escape, Fool's Helper, Lucky Days
Projects: Red Wolf Hiding
Tumblr: vagrant-muffin
itch: vagrant-muffin

The Bare Escape [Fantasy, Romance, Comedy][GxB][GxG][Free]

#1 Post by Vagrant-Muffin »

(Originally made for NaNoRenO 2018, but completed September 2018)

The Bare Escape
>>Download it now on itch.io<<

The Bare Escape is a super silly game about the heroine, Val (name changeable), waking up trapped in a tower with two guys who seem to be missing their clothes… And all the while being watched by a mysterious sorceress. Good luck working together to pass the Tower’s tests to escape!

Feel free to flirt with everyone along the way, or don’t! If your heart only belongs to adventure, that’s cool too!
Features:
  • About 35,100 words of story
  • Three routes available to play through, each with three different ending variations. Pair up with either anxious Marcel or stoic Anzo to escape the Tower! Not interested in either? You can also go after the mysterious sorceress, Lady Emi (Or end up with no one at all if you prefer)
  • CGs for each love interest
  • An easy point-and-click finding game (kind of), a skippable maze puzzle, and a skippable word puzzle
  • An ending tracker (There are 12 in total)
  • CG Gallery (Including a special CG if you get all the endings)
(PLEASE NOTE: What is shown in the screenshots is as bare as the guys get! Sorry, no explicit content here!)

Credits:
Art, writing, coding: Jen

Music:
Kevin MacLeod (Licensed under Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0))
Mid-Air Machine (Licensed under Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0))

I hope you enjoy this silly little adventure!

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

Re: The Bare Escape [Fantasy, Romance, Comedy][GxB][GxG][Free]

#2 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

It may be a little late but I'm leaving a little comment to say I liked this game.
It was fun, I finished it in a hurry ^^.
Thank for sharing your work, I would have loved to see more CGs but It's ok since the cutest foe of all were here <3.

Vagrant-Muffin
Regular

#3 Post by Vagrant-Muffin »

nipaa_kazuma wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:03 am It may be a little late but I'm leaving a little comment to say I liked this game.
It was fun, I finished it in a hurry ^^.
Thank for sharing your work, I would have loved to see more CGs but It's ok since the cutest foe of all were here <3.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a nice little comment! ;w; I'm glad you enjoyed it~

Virelai
Regular

#4 Post by Virelai »

Hi! This was a really short, simple, and sweet. Coming into this VN, I was honestly expecting a fun and enjoyable playthrough, and you didn't disappoint! The puzzles were simple enough, and the characters had their own little quirks which I found peculiarly funny. The artwork was really unique, and I think that it's actually really professional and polished! If I'm completely honest, the route that I ended up getting (the romanceable one at least) was one that I didn't expect to get. I know that this VN is shorter than other ones and is supposed to be enjoyable, but I didn't feel like my decisions ended up contributing to the story much because they were pretty surface level. But other than that, this is really cute and I liked it a lot!

If making a longer, more fleshed out storyline is something you're considering, I think you have a really unique premise, concept, and plot line going for ya here (;

Vagrant-Muffin
Regular

#5 Post by Vagrant-Muffin »

Virelai wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:48 am Hi! This was a really short, simple, and sweet. Coming into this VN, I was honestly expecting a fun and enjoyable playthrough, and you didn't disappoint! The puzzles were simple enough, and the characters had their own little quirks which I found peculiarly funny. The artwork was really unique, and I think that it's actually really professional and polished! If I'm completely honest, the route that I ended up getting (the romanceable one at least) was one that I didn't expect to get. I know that this VN is shorter than other ones and is supposed to be enjoyable, but I didn't feel like my decisions ended up contributing to the story much because they were pretty surface level. But other than that, this is really cute and I liked it a lot!

If making a longer, more fleshed out storyline is something you're considering, I think you have a really unique premise, concept, and plot line going for ya here (;
Hello! Thanks for playing the game! I'm glad to hear you had an overall fun time! (Also I'm super flattered you consider my art professional and polished, thank you ;w;)

I tried to have the choices help determine the personality of the heroine but yeah, that wasn't the best way to handle it... I will consider how to improve them in the future! The thought of expanding on the game's story and world did cross my mind too, but it's currently shelved for now. Maybe one day I'll return to their crazy antics!

Thanks again for taking the time to comment! 8> I really appreciate the feedback!