Angelic Orbs - Broken Memories - ver. 1.1 up!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Deviot
Regular
Projects: Testing out completed Visual Novels?

Re: Angelic Orbs - Broken Memories - ver. 1.1 up!

#61 Post by Deviot »

I rather enjoyed Zyra's path.
Altho i was kinda ticked off by how frequent the main character tries to run away...It seems every time he's alone he legs it...i mean, shouldn't we be given a choice like "Run away, i'm not into femdom" or "Be smart and stay where you are, you can't outrun a demon with freaking wings"
How many of you can go to sleep knowing you'll surely wake up tomorrow, take life for granted and picture yourself in the future? I....can't -Kirimiya Mizuki-

Those who are strong leaves a trail of blood and tears in their wake, sometimes their own, walking over bodies of friends and foes

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#62 Post by Vatina »

Haha yeah I admit you do have a point there :P
In general the MC is quite the coward in the beginning of the game, but I understand that having a little more control might have been preferable.

Esphirisa
Regular

#63 Post by Esphirisa »

Haha, yeah, his character kind of ticked me off, too. Though it's pretty understandable... anyone would freak out when he's told that a demon is after some power that's inside of him, a power that he himself never really wanted anyway.Though I thought that it's kind of sad that he
had an option to betray Zyra, even after spending time with her, and knowing that she (probably) won't hurt him.
Phew, unlocked all the endings. As for the art pieces(or whatever you call them. CGs?), I just can't seem to get one of Yoko's... *shrugs*

Anyway, lovely game. The storyline is nice, though much of the dialogue is repeated. I like your art ^_^ Ahh, but so much of the story is still shrouded in mystery, and even in the good endings,
Kevin can't stay with them...
EDIT : Pardon me. Just saw some of your posts in one of those 5 pages. It's unfortunate that you have to cut down the game. I would have enjoyed some rivalry from Nate<3 and Kiyoshi... haha it's cute that Nate's a coward like Kevin. I don't know about others, but I wouldn't mind a remake. Anyways, thanks for the game! It was fun !

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by Vatina »

Thank you for the comment :) I know I keep saying this, but it always makes me happy to see that people have enjoyed it in spite of its flaws. I may still remake this game in the future.

And yeah, that one of Yoko's is made so that it is very hard to get. You'll only get it if you have the maximum number of points available for Yoko at the time where it occurs.

Esphirisa
Regular

#65 Post by Esphirisa »

It's good to hear that. Mistakes (or flaws, so you say) exist for people to correct or overcome them. No, I'm NOT implying anything.
Haha, guess I'll have to try again. Thanks for the hint!

Softdrink9876
Projects: (Getting started on somthing. when i get somthing done, will put it here.)

#66 Post by Softdrink9876 »

Sequel game pls?
Kevin needs to be able to stay with the girl he takes the path of! argh! :P lol

Lachesis

#67 Post by Lachesis »

This must've been the best game of the genre I've ever played. I absolutely love it!

Many of the so-called "flaws" I actually liked. Among them:
  • incomplete disclosure of the characters' backgrounds and motivations in all threads of the plot. Leaving things to the reader's imaginations actually adds to a story IMHO.
  • lack of sound, especially lack of music. In many situations, those distract more than they enhance.
  • the ability to treat on Zyra even very late in the game (as Kevin makes new discoveries).
Things I especially liked include:
  • The woman in red. I don't know what you had in mind with her, but it reminded me of directors that appear in their films or authors that "wink" to the reader through their characters.
  • Each and every character gave me a laugh at some point in the story. Ok, except for Rai, but at least you made me pity him.
  • The apparent care devoted to many supposedly minor details. Makes you feel holding something crafted with love in your hands.
  • ... and a special thanks for native linux support ^_^ Made things a lot easier for me! *penguinwave*
Reading the above thread made me ponder about where the mentioned pictures can be found. I'd like to verify whether I was able to get to that hard-to-find special ;)

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran

#68 Post by Vatina »

Thank you so much, a comment like that makes any author happy I'd think ^^
Reading the above thread made me ponder about where the mentioned pictures can be found. I'd like to verify whether I was able to get to that hard-to-find special
You can see all the collected pictures in the "gallery" through the main menu. If you are missing a picture in the Yoko set, then you haven't seen it yet in-game.

As for the woman in red:
She was originally planned to be one the main heroines instead of Yoko, but things changed a lot under way. As she is still a very important character in the AO universe, I thought I'd still leave her in, playing her usual mysterious role.

Lachesis

#69 Post by Lachesis »

Ah! I did not expect the gallery ingame XD Thanks for the hint!

Another extra point for easter eggs =D It seems I indeed found it, though only after some experimenting *admit*
(low spoiler level)
There was one question I didn't expect to have anything to do with Yoko, and I strongly hesitated to give the answer she likes, because it's absolutely not my own opinion. Although in hindsight, it makes sense that Yoko reacts on it.
(full spoiler. You have been warned.)
I guess it's partly because the answer pisses-off Zyra, but primarily also because Yoko tries hard to be very foresighted in order to prevent any more dreadful incidents like her first encounter with Zyra.
Why does everyone love Yoko? I guess I can give a clue:
* she is definitely the most detailed character in the interactive story
* although not hard to understand, she's quite hard to predict
(In short, she's interesting ;))
* her backstory causes sympathy of anyone with a sense for (in)justice or revenge

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#70 Post by Snowflower »

Strange how I was just able to download this game.

Anyway, I absolutely loved it. I'm a sucker for fantasy games. XD
One question though, did you purposely just left some of the CGs as sketches? I'm sure this have been answered before. Awkward.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#71 Post by Wright1000 »

The game was nice. But there were many spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

For example- the plural of "passer by" is "passers by".

But you used "passer bys" which is wrong.

I do not blame you but I think you should find better proofreaders.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.