Seers Isle [Commercial] [OELVN] [Complete][Steam]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Geoffroy
Completed: Along the Edge, Echoes, Season 1: Greenhearth
Projects: Along the Edge
Organization: Nova-box
Deviantart: geoffroyvincens

Seers Isle [Commercial] [OELVN] [Complete][Steam]

#1 Post by Geoffroy »

Hello everyone !

We're very glad to announce that our team just released a new VN: Seers Isle.

We're a small French team located in Bordeaux, France (the game is available in English and in French). The work we do is quite original in the VN world, as our art is in a European comic book style rather than anime, and our stories are quite short (about 3-4h for each "route"), choice and CG-heavy, with multiple meaningful paths and ending variations.

You might remember us from Along the Edge, an OELVN we published a couple of years back.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts, hope some of you will enjoy our work!

Best, <3

Geoffroy.

The Story:

Seers Isle is set in a fantasy version of medieval northern Europe, where your choices impact the fate of a group of characters.

“The island… It was my prison.
For ages, I roamed the land, helpless, looking for a way out.
And then, they arrived.”

A group of shaman apprentices set foot on the shores of a sacred island to be initiated to magic.
As they progress through the wilderness, looking for the “Seers”, their spirit-guides, they realize they’re not alone.
Who is this strange horned woman they are seeing in their dreams?

Features:
  • Explore the island through a diverse group of characters, depicted in a gorgeous European comic book art style.
  • Every choice matters. Each decision you make slightly alters the mood and personality of the main character as well as her relationship with the rest of the group.
  • A huge amount of content: with each playthrough, discover a novel-sized adventure and a slice of the hundreds of hand-drawn images created for the game.
  • An immersive and finely crafted soundtrack: the music adapts and shifts according to your choices and the mood of each scene.
  • Try out our dynamic dialog system: read the story like a comic book.
  • High replayability: choose your soulmate and discover the outcome of your decisions through multiple story paths and endings.
The VN is priced at the $12.99 tier.

Trailer Video:

CGs from the Game:

Links:

Official Website: http://www.seersisle.com
Steam Store Page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/738650/Seers_Isle/
Itch.io Page (DRM-Free Download): https://nova-box.itch.io/seersisle
Stream the Soundtrack: https://fanlink.to/SeersIsleOST
VNDB Link: https://vndb.org/v24314

AntiquedFae
Veteran

Re: Seers Isle [Commercial] [OELVN] [Complete][Steam]

#2 Post by AntiquedFae »

The art for this looks absolutely amazing! Along the Edge interested me greatly when it came out but there were just enough problems with it that I decided to not buy, even though I loved it. The art was so, so powerful and I loved the immersive feeling the game gave me; I've never forgotten about it despite only playing the demo.

Anyways, what I'm saying is that I am extremely excited for this. I am seriously hoping that it will have the absolutely gorgeous, awe-inspiring art and the fantastic ability to engulf you in a different world of your first game but with improvements like a more branching plot, more romance options and better gameplay. If it achieves all that...oh my goodness, I might need to buy three copies of the game because it will be so awesome!

I'll be watching this for sure!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Folding_Hearts

#3 Post by Folding_Hearts »

I absolutely adored Along the Edge, but Seers Isle just blew that out of the water--WOW! And that's saying something since my love of sappy, happy endings is usually more powerful than any other feature of a game, and nearly none of the endings in Seers Isle meet that requirement. The music is amazing. The plot is amazing. The characters are amazing. This game is amazing! Very well done!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

Geoffroy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:56 amExplore the island through a diverse group of characters, depicted in a gorgeous European comic book art style.
I like the art both here and on Seers Isle's Steam page. If you're curious, I say this as a person who's wandered from fandom to fandom, trying different types of stories and games. (My knowledge of bandes-dessinees is embarrassingly weak. Occasionally I notice a European comic at libraries and major bookstores around Chicago, but I almost never see them at small comic retailers.)

Hopefully your drawings, floating textbox, and pacing will get at least some fans to pay attention to your work. I want Seers Isle to succeed. I've seen a number of visual novels which have unconventional art or other design aspects. Unfortunately, I can't think of any VNs with offbeat art which have active fanbases. This should not be so. I don't want the expectation for visual novel creators to be "unless the drawings look like contemporary seinen or josei demographic art, your story will go unnoticed."