Ex Astris 06 [GxB][Kinetic][Sci-fi][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cera L. Hendry
Regular
Completed: Ex Astris 1-9 & Rules They Abide By
Deviantart: cera-l-hendry

Ex Astris 06 [GxB][Kinetic][Sci-fi][Free]

#1 Post by Cera L. Hendry »

Ex Astris
Chapter 06

Set in a ‘near-future’ on a fictional world, Ex Astris follows the story of Lanis Rosenberg, a newly graduated doctor working in the Loennian military. Doubtful of her abilities to cope in the army and lost with her direction in life, Lanis’ world is suddenly turned upside-down when she is transferred to the secretive, militaristic nation of Xian. There, she is assigned to a subject named A-28 'Ash'. An emotionless, unstable, biologically engineered soldier and her opposite in every way…

Desperate to land a blow against the regime keeping its citizens prisoners in their own country, Grey and the rebels begin to extract the stolen data stored on Unit A-28’s brain chip, only to unwittingly awaken a demon from the past that threatens to destroy everything they’re worked towards from the inside.

Format: Episodic / Kinetic Visual Novel
Engine: RenPy
Genre: Light Sci-Fi / Drama / GxB / Supernatural
Platform: PC/Mac/Linux
Duration: Short
Last edited by Cera L. Hendry on Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trepiechick
Regular

Re: Ex Astris 06 [GxB][Kinetic][Sci-fi][Free]

#2 Post by trepiechick »

Yay! :D Granted since it's been while, I'll need to re-read the past chapter(s). When the story is done, are you planning on compiling all the chapters into a single zip file or something?

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#3 Post by Rainbow Colors »

Yessss yes yeeeeeessss! I'm so happy to see this today! Congratulations on releasing another chapter!

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#4 Post by Sayumi101 »

Not gonna lie, I violently scrolled past the images attached to this because I wanted to avoid potential spoilers!
Really glad to know you're still working on this :')
Keep up the great work! Will drop back at some point to leave a review. ^^
ImageImageImage

korova
Veteran
Completed: Ivy, Chocolate, Time, Clair Obscur
Projects: Writing exercises, The House [Nano18]
Tumblr: korova08
itch: korova

#5 Post by korova »

Always a pleasure to play this series.

VanessaNellyn

#6 Post by VanessaNellyn »

Thank you for your continued effort! It's always a great thing to see the Ex Astris series being continued~
I'm rooting for you! (⌒▽⌒)

VanessaNellyn

#7 Post by VanessaNellyn »

Well, I just came back from reading Ex Astris 1-6 in one go (So that I could immerse myself with the story once again), and I have to say..... You really have a very annoying talent of making everyone curious for the next episode. (╯=▃=)╯︵┻━┻ I'll have you know that cliffhangers are illegal in my country, and many would agree with me, but you're doing an awesome job by continuing the series, so I'll ask them to let you off the hook. Be grateful. [ಠ益ಠ]

But well, all jokes aside, you're doing an absolutely fine job! б(>ε<)∂ I've seen many visual novel projects whose creators update their episodes separately, being dropped because of lost interest and lack of motivation to continue. (Well honestly, I even thought you would stop at Ex Astris 4 too, which I'm now very grateful that you didn't) (・ω<) But seeing as you are still updating, I can play Ex Astris with relief, and after finishing Ex Astris 6 I will now begrudgingly patiently wait for the cliffhanger to end. Ψ( `▽´ )Ψ

Moving on to the story, I'm really excited to see Ash's character development. His story wasn't really a bed of roses, but through those flashbacks and
when you replayed his ultimate mistake of following his father that night,
it makes him seem more 'human'. So I'm absolutely anxious to see what's next.
Will he die when his chip gets deactivated? What the heck is his mother's power? (At first, I even thought that 'that' was their daughter so the vision frightened me a bit)
I'm expecting some long awaited romance in chapter 7 Hahaha. I REALLY HOPE MY SHIP WOULD SAIL (๑✧∀✧๑) And lastly, thanks for creating such a wonderful game! Don't forget that we're always rooting for you!! (*≧∀≦*)

SilentSiren

#8 Post by SilentSiren »

I just finished reading Ex Astris 1-6 yesterday. The story was great! Is there any possibility of you releasing Ex Astris 7 in the first half of this year?

Cera L. Hendry
Regular
Completed: Ex Astris 1-9 & Rules They Abide By
Deviantart: cera-l-hendry

#9 Post by Cera L. Hendry »

Thanks for the recent replies! I didn't realise as sometimes the e-mail notifications don't always come through. ^^; Chapter 07 is well underway.

@VanessaNellyn
I'm sorry-not-sorry for my cliffhangers. XD And thanks for reading it again and your valuable input!
I see what you mean by the similarities between Arellia and their future daughter. Can you believe that I didn't even consider someone might make that assumption when they first saw this scene? But I can totally see why you thought it was initially their daughter. (I hope it wasn't too confusing and needs more clarity) So many white haired characters now... D:
@SilentSiren
Thanks heaps for reading them all! I'll be adding a WIP Lemma entry for chapter 07 in the next week or two. ;) I'd love for a release by mid year and I should be on track for that.