The Vampire's Memories [Free] [Kinetic] [Web] [Short] [Halloween]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Klaziki
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:52 pm
Deviantart: klaziki
Contact:

The Vampire's Memories [Free] [Kinetic] [Web] [Short] [Halloween]

#1 Post by Klaziki » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:59 pm

The Vampire's Memories

Image
Free | Kinetic | Web | Short | Halloween | Vampire

~800 lines, 30 mins+ to read. Best viewed with Google Chrome web browser.


Read it online here or watch a video recording on YouTube here


SUMMARY

Change is hard. It doesn't come easily. Nobody knows that better than Melanie. From a young age, she has always been shy and awkward. She struggles to express herself, and often speaks words that contradict her feelings. She unintentionally drives people away from her, and is convinced that she will be this way forever.

On a fine October day, Melanie gets invited to a Halloween party. She hopes that she will be able to make friends at the party, but fate has another plan for her. On the night of the party, she loses her way and wanders into an abandoned house. There, she has an encounter with a vampire that changes her life forever...

TEASER VIDEO


SCREENSHOTS

Image Image Image

CREDITS

Story, Art, and Programming
Klaziki

Music
Kevin Macleod (Incompetech.com)

Sounds
Soundbible.com, Freesound.org

CREATOR NOTES
  • You can use your web browser's zoom function to enlarge the VN to your liking.
  • If there are issues with the VN in the web browser, please try watching the video recording!
  • Please let me know what you think about the story and the VN's functions!
  • Let me know if there's anything I can improve on. :)
Thanks for checking out my first VN!

Zelan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1935
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm
Completed: The Dark
Projects: bookSLEEPer, Stalker & Yandere
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Contact:

Re: The Vampire's Memories [Free] [Kinetic] [Web] [Short] [Halloween]

#2 Post by Zelan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:05 pm

This was a cute story. I was pleasantly surprised by how much art there was for it - it all looks really fantastic, you did a great job on it. I liked the ending especially, I was worried for a bit that it wouldn't have a happy ending.

User avatar
GoooLJ
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:45 am
Contact:

Re: The Vampire's Memories [Free] [Kinetic] [Web] [Short] [Halloween]

#3 Post by GoooLJ » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 am

The teaser seemed very cute to me. The same old vampire story, but I think the game is awesome. Gonna try it later

User avatar
nerupuff
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:24 am
Projects: Caf-A.I.: A Coffee Shop Romance, Animarum: Sea of Souls
Deviantart: nerupuff
Contact:

Re: The Vampire's Memories [Free] [Kinetic] [Web] [Short] [Halloween]

#4 Post by nerupuff » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:00 am

Tried this today! Congrats on the release. I do love the music you used for it; they really enhance the scenes you have (especially when Melanie has the encounter). Cute art (I love the mini CGs)and cute game!
I really felt bad for Melanie at the start but I'm glad she got to meet Alexander, and I really love the ending!
Such a heartwarming tale. ^^ Thank you for sharing your VN with us.
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! Check here~

User avatar
Klaziki
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:52 pm
Deviantart: klaziki
Contact:

Re: The Vampire's Memories [Free] [Kinetic] [Web] [Short] [Halloween]

#5 Post by Klaziki » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:10 pm

Zelan wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:05 pm
This was a cute story. I was pleasantly surprised by how much art there was for it - it all looks really fantastic, you did a great job on it. I liked the ending especially, I was worried for a bit that it wouldn't have a happy ending.
Thank you! I actually had less art in it before, but I'm glad I took the time to add more before release. :)

GoooLJ wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 am
The teaser seemed very cute to me. The same old vampire story, but I think the game is awesome. Gonna try it later
Thanks! I hope you enjoy it :)

nerupuff wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:00 am
Tried this today! Congrats on the release. I do love the music you used for it; they really enhance the scenes you have (especially when Melanie has the encounter). Cute art (I love the mini CGs)and cute game!
I really felt bad for Melanie at the start but I'm glad she got to meet Alexander, and I really love the ending!
Such a heartwarming tale. ^^ Thank you for sharing your VN with us.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks so much for reading my story! :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users