Run 'N Gun [GxB][Romance][SchoolLife][Otome]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

Run 'N Gun [GxB][Romance][SchoolLife][Otome]

#1 Post by Sayumi101 »

Plot
Given budget cuts, the girls' and boys' basketball team have been merged. Play as Reina as she struggles to keep her team afloat while constantly butting heads with Yano, the boys' team captain who also happens to be a not-so-distant classmate from elementary school.

It isn't easy, especially when it seems the coach treats them more like a group of managers than a full-fledged team. Can she gain recognition, manage to navigate matches while somehow also falling in love?

Get It Here
https://sayumi101.itch.io/run-n-gun
Android Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... runngun.vw

Features:
  • 20k words.
    2 CGs.
    3 Endings.
    6 Achievements
    So MANY silhouettes.
    A calendar system

Credits: Free Resources:
BGs- Kimagure After School, Annako
Music- Josh Woodward, Tam's Music Factory
Icons- Openclipart.org
Sfx- Freesound.org

Thank you for your time, and hope you Enjoy!~
Last edited by Sayumi101 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: Run 'N Gun [GxB][Romance][SchoolLife][Otome]

#2 Post by Kokoro Hane »

A new game from Sayumi101? Count me in~ I'll download it later today and give it a playthrough ^^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

I finished a playthrough of this the other day and I really enjoyed it! ^_^ There were a few parts in the beginning where I felt the story dragged a bit since there were a few days that were just, "Coach bossed us around again," but I didn't really mind all that much and the story picked up pretty quickly anyway. I really loved the chemistry between Reina and Yano, their banter was really funny but they also had some really nice sweeter scenes between them. Although, I have to say, I really loved Punster too haha.

I got achievements 3 through 6 so I'm going to have to do another playthrough to get the first two - wish me luck!

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#4 Post by Godline »

(Yay! The Punster! My favorite.)
Google Play version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... runngun.vw

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#5 Post by Sayumi101 »

@Kokoro Hane:
Hello hello! Thanks for downloading! Look forward to hearing what you think. ^^
-----------------

@Zelan:
I'm glad you liked their dynamic. And oh nooo, don't tell me the punster three-pointed his way into yo heart. I wish you luck on the remaining achievements because you liked the punster. -wink wink, hint hint-
Also, I totally get what you mean about how the starting few days might've been frustrating. Will take care for that not to happen/edit some things around in the event of making a revision.
Thank you for taking the time to comment AND play. :)

-------------------------
@Godline:
Thank you for all the android porting and help. T_T Time to promote it haha
ImageImageImage

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#6 Post by Kokoro Hane »

JUST FINISHED!

Okay wow.....

I laughed out loud A LOT.

When it first started, it had a bit of a rushed feeling admittedly. I wasn't sure how this would pan out, but as the craziness unfolded, I fell in love. I really love the wit of your writing and the uniqueness and fun of your characters, including side ones!
I love how cute and wholesome our mains look but are so super savage! We also have a playable heroine whom has a personality, always a plus for me. I didn't expect to like Yano at all, he seemed like a jackass to me and I thought there is no way I am going to like him..... only to love him by the end of the game! Also that coach was a jackass, haha. Also, my fave character had to be Punster! LOL. His stupid pickup lines were gold. I got 3 out of the 5 achievements; "Lowkey Prank Master", "You break my hoop, I break your face", and "little miss cupid".
Overall, I enjoyed it. There was some evidence of being rushed with some typos sporadically here and there, and the CGs, while nice, looking noticeably a different style from the sprites, but aside from that, I loved it. It had that Sayumi101 charm I've come to adore~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Karl_C
Veteran

#7 Post by Karl_C »

A well made, nice story.

Thanks for sharing!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#8 Post by Zelan »

I finally came back to play this again three months later haha and got all of the other achievements and endings! I love Punster even more now, haha.
I really like the fact that to get the best endings Reina has to stand up to the coach and be kind to Ao. Even though this game isn't meant to be super serious or impart "life lessons" or whatever, I still feel like that gives a really good message. c:

Virelai
Regular

#9 Post by Virelai »

This was such a sweet game (-: It just gave me fuzzy and light-hearted feelings. The friendship / banter between Yano and Reina is super funny--a lot of the jokes / comedic bits that you provided are super witty! You have a knack for writing some really well-thought-out tasteful jokes. The CG's were few but they were quite nice, although it did surprise me a little to see the differences between the CGs and the sprite characters. Regardless, I know that matching CG to sprites is no easy task haha.

This is a really nice wholesome story! Honestly makes me miss my high school years and just how simple and fun those years were. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us!