My Second Game, Another Day 2 (Another Day remake)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Debra2112
Completed: Another Day
Projects: It's Your Choice... Really(WIP)

My Second Game, Another Day 2 (Another Day remake)

#1 Post by Debra2112 »

Another Day 2 info

A young girl is sitting miserably at home by herself. She looks outside her bedroom window and sees a cute bird, she wants it. . .
Wandering around on the pavement below is her childhood friend.
She calls down to him, he looks up to her. . . what will happen next?

Why I made 'Another Day 2'?
Because i'm young i didn't know about copyright laws. So when i made my first game I found out. . .
Now, I decided to make it again but with my own images.

for Windows, Mac, and Linux
All ages
Duration: not too long
Music: No

Please comment
Attachments
Another Day 2-linux-x86.tar.bz2
(15.4 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
Another Day 2-mac.zip
(19.59 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
Another Day 2.zip
Made in about 3 or 4 days
(8.28 MiB) Downloaded 282 times
Last edited by Debra2112 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
(L) Live life to the fullest (L)

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

Re: My Second Game, Another Day 2 (Another Day remake)

#2 Post by Victoria »

Well, I guess the option to "rape the doctor in anger" was kind of unexpected, and I laughed when I saw it XD
I saw your first game/version also, and it's great that you made remake - even if it's in paint, I gotta say - congratulations, because I wouldn't be able to do something like this in ordinary paint (well, Paint.net). Well, keep going =)
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#3 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

Bug report:

Seems that some mix-up happens in generating the Linux version:

Code: Select all

pigi@Lauria:~/dload/Another Day 2-linux-x86$ ./Another\ Day\ 2.sh 
  File "C:\Users\DK Fam\Documents\MY WORK\renpy-6.9.2\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 255, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Users\DK Fam\Documents\MY WORK\renpy-6.9.2\renpy\main.py", line 171, in main
  File "C:\Users\DK Fam\Documents\MY WORK\renpy-6.9.2\renpy\script.py", line 477, in load_script
  File "C:\Users\DK Fam\Documents\MY WORK\renpy-6.9.2\renpy\script.py", line 155, in __init__
  File "C:\Users\DK Fam\Documents\MY WORK\renpy-6.9.2\renpy\script.py", line 366, in load_appropriate_file
  File "C:\Users\DK Fam\Documents\MY WORK\renpy-6.9.2\renpy\script.py", line 316, in load_file
ScriptError: Name ('/home/tom/ab/renpy/common/00compat.rpy', 1241332499, 0) is defined twice: at renpy-6.9.2/common/00compat.rpy:1 and renpy-6.9.2/common/00compat.rpy:1.

While loading the script.
pigi@Lauria:~/dload/Another Day 2-linux-x86$ 
From the error messages, seems that the generation of the Linux version wasn't done perfectly (cfr. the references to the windoze filesystem)

Hope this helps,
Dott. Piergiorgio.

Debra2112
Completed: Another Day
Projects: It's Your Choice... Really(WIP)

#4 Post by Debra2112 »

pigi@Lauria:~/dload/Another Day 2-linux-x86$ ./Another\ Day\ 2.sh
File "C:\Users\DK Fam\Documents\MY WORK\renpy-6.9.2\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 255, in bootstrap
File "C:\Users\DK Fam\Documents\MY WORK\renpy-6.9.2\renpy\main.py", line 171, in main
File "C:\Users\DK Fam\Documents\MY WORK\renpy-6.9.2\renpy\script.py", line 477, in load_script
File "C:\Users\DK Fam\Documents\MY WORK\renpy-6.9.2\renpy\script.py", line 155, in __init__
File "C:\Users\DK Fam\Documents\MY WORK\renpy-6.9.2\renpy\script.py", line 366, in load_appropriate_file
File "C:\Users\DK Fam\Documents\MY WORK\renpy-6.9.2\renpy\script.py", line 316, in load_file
ScriptError: Name ('/home/tom/ab/renpy/common/00compat.rpy', 1241332499, 0) is defined twice: at renpy-6.9.2/common/00compat.rpy:1 and renpy-6.9.2/common/00compat.rpy:1.

While loading the script.
pigi@Lauria:~/dload/Another Day 2-linux-x86$

If any Linux users come across a problem like this, make sure the game file is uncompressed properly.
(L) Live life to the fullest (L)