Fantasia, The Realm of Thanos v 1.2 is now up!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

Re: Fantasia, The Realm of Thanos

#16 Post by Victoria »

O. My. God.
It's one of the best (maybe even the best) ren'py games I have ever played, and I have played them a lot.
I absolutely love this one. Gonna find other endings now =)

P.S. How many endings are there actually?
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#17 Post by azureXtwilight »

There's fifteen endings! Oswald has the most endings. Tell me which one you like best.
Mac version!
http://www.4shared.com/file/110768205/2 ... 0-mac.html

ameet

#18 Post by ameet »

Thanks for the Mac download link! 8) Downloading now! :D

Lyyli
Regular

#19 Post by Lyyli »

^.^ I really do hope that the guys will be in the sequel! At least as cameos so you can see what they're up to.

Hmm, I really like all of the endings... but if I really have to choose, then the top endings would be the dark and true ending.
But the secret ending was hilarious so it has to join the top too xD
Meep.

Evila
Projects: Untitled Otome/Adventure Game

#20 Post by Evila »

Yay, you finished! Congrats~ I played the demo and was looking forward to this... Downloading now. :3
( '-')b

Alphonse
Regular

#21 Post by Alphonse »

The "White Lady" thing still makes me laugh. Well, this time, it was more of just a snort, but still. "Lady in White" would probably sound less...racial...but whatever. I'm reading into it too much.

The first song playing makes me feel like I'm at Wannado City. XD

"Tough, two of them..."
"...I don't even know their names."

Are you sure that it's not "Though, two of them..."?

"White Lady: Maybe he's waiting in your room with a big schyte or chainsaw right now.."
should be "scythe" rather than "schyte", which sounds like a formerly German swear word that was borrowed into English and modified a little. I can see it now:

"schyte (SHYT) -interj.

1. an exclamation of excitement, anger, etc.
2. n. nonsense.

(from German scheit.)"

XD
There are a few other typos and instances of forgetting the period at the end of a sentence, but who am I to talk? My English is far from perfect. I mean, I'm still trying to figure out this:

If Cherry and Marcia each have their own boyfriends, would I say "Cherry and Marcia's boyfriends" or "Cherry's and Marcia's boyfriends"?

Okay. I am Alphonse to talk. But still. I feel like a pompous jerk whenever I point these things out. So, if you want to know, PM me or something.

Just one thing is bugging me...multiple exclamation marks. Never use them. Ever. Even if you think you should. One will suffice. You can use two only if you're mocking anime or the Japanese.

Even all-caps should be avoided. That's why we have bold and italics. Unless you're too lazy to add italics or bold, such as when instant messaging, or when you're on a forum, or on Yahoo! Answers, which doesn't have an italics option. Grr....

Also, always three dots. If it's the end of a sentence, three dots and then a period. I used to like doing the two-dots thing, but then Microsoft Word would always get pissy on me about it, so I stopped. Too much hassle. Some people put a space between the third dot and the period, but I don't bother to, for some reason.

Why am I even posting? I haven't finished the game! I'm not even past the point where the demo would've ended!

...I guess it's because I'm sad that I don't know which choice will do what. I want to aim for Ian, but the choices are so vague, I don't know which one does what! I'll probably get the generic "You fail and no one loves you!" ending I always seem to get in games. Just like the endings I always get in real life....TT_TT

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by lepapillonrouge »

>D I also got Ian's Good Ending.
No offense to Alphonse, but all caps was NEEDED for at least one part of Ian's path. It just made it so funny!

azure: xD Well, TaMusic does Touhou Music...it looks like you didn't use their songs though. Oh well. XD
Touhou Project is fanmade, anyway...

Oswald has multiple endings? XD Now, why did I save that for last, anyway...

And actually that sentence 'Tough, two of them..." makes sense, the MC/Cheryl is trying to find out the guys' names, and it's a bit 'tough' to find them.

>D I learned something new today about a curse word~

To Alphonse: SInce Cherry and Marcia each have their own boyfriends, the correct answer is Cherry's and Marcia's boyfriends :D
And also...
When it comes to Ian's Good Ending, the choices which obviously favor Ian are the ones you choose. The rest, press anything xD. :D You can alway rollback. :D

Ohmaigawd.

I got the Secret Ending, on ACCIDENT! XD WTF!

Oh, after I got Gil's ending(s) (Bad and Good. Wah.), the Leon and Gil gallery doesn't work. xD
deviantART
---------------------

Ellie
Regular

#23 Post by Ellie »

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

Exception: Couldn't find file 'Gillfight_2.jpg'.

While running game code:
 - script at line 11 of C:\Program Files\Renpy 6.8.1\renpy-6.8.1\Fantasia_The Realm of Thanos/game/gallery.rpy
 - python at line 154 of C:\Program Files\Renpy 6.8.1\renpy-6.8.1\Fantasia_The Realm of Thanos/game/gallery.rpy.
 - python at line 258 of C:\Program Files\Renpy 6.8.1\renpy-6.8.1\Fantasia_The Realm of Thanos/game/new_gallery.rpy.
I think that's the error specifically.
I am liking the game so far, I'll let you know more of what I think when I play a few more endings.
Because singing is fun:
Snow Storm (English)

Fandubbing can also be fun:
Shugo Chara Clip

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#24 Post by azureXtwilight »

I know, it was a typo. I'll fix it ASAP!
About the typo, I just followed what my proofreader wrote,so I'll let it be.
But thanks anyway :mrgreen: !

Here's the fixed ver. Hope it fixes the bug
http://www.4shared.com/file/110904231/f ... _v_11.html

Lyyli
Regular

Re: Fantasia, The Realm of Thanos v 1.1

#25 Post by Lyyli »

Yup, the gallery bug is now fixed! Thanks :)
Meep.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#26 Post by azureXtwilight »

So, which character do you like best personally?
I'd like your opinions for the next game. :wink:

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#27 Post by Victoria »

All of them! :mrgreen:
Hm... Well, Gil is somehow too... calm? I don't know. I like everybody, but him... the least XD
I like Leon. He reminds me of my friend (which I care about very much). He always gets angry easily, like him, and then I have to calm him XD
I like Ian too. He's somehow cute and quiet, and his reactions (like when he froze his scarf) are hillarious.
But I think that I like Oswald best (in true ending). Because he changes. Because of her love. Yeah, Leon changed too, but Oswald... And I love his sense of humour ^^
So, Oswald =)
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

Lyyli
Regular

#28 Post by Lyyli »

I also like all of them! They all had their own distinct personality which I liked.

But If I have to choose one it would have to be Oswald since he was so awesome on so many levels! ;)
Meep.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Who was ..my...favorite?!

What? You have to ask me that question?!

I've yet to get all of Oswald's endings, but his story is very well done. XD

But oh my goodness...
making three guys lose their memories and powers just was too much! It hurt my heart!
Well, because I know Oswald will get the most votes, I'll vote for Leon. He was my first choice anyway. And besides...

It's LEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! we're talking about here. {coughtalesofdestinyremakereferencecough}
deviantART
---------------------

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#30 Post by azureXtwilight »

Really? Hm, then my decision to make him the guy for the true ending is not wrong....
Or is it? XD

@leompapillonrouge: Why? They did receive their powers back after all...

Anyway, did some questions pop out in your head after seeing all endings?
I hope it's not like "Why this game is full of crap?" :(