Fantasia, The Realm of Thanos v 1.2 is now up!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Karasu_Noir
Regular

Re: Fantasia, The Realm of Thanos v 1.1

#31 Post by Karasu_Noir »

Finally downloaded it. I tought there were a yuri ending with the "white lady", but it's okay if there's not. I just gotten almost all endings (except the bad ones, I think the main heroine will die anyways) , and I also agree with anyone else that Oswald is cool. He's funny, too.
AzureXtwilight wrote:Anyway, did some questions pop out in your head after seeing all endings? I hope it's not like "Why this game is full of crap?" :(
Hmm, what happened to Cain? That's all I wanna know. He just dissapeared right before the true ending. Maybe he dies like in Ian's?
A life is a life, there's no need to rush anything.
Just sit back and relax.
But don't take too long.
.............Or darkness will eat you.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#32 Post by azureXtwilight »

No, there isn't a yuri ending XD
Karasu_Noir wrote: Hmm, what happened to Cain? That's all I wanna know. He just dissapeared right before the true ending. Maybe he dies like in Ian's?
Well, I was too lazy to write about him because he has no ending... :(
Yes, he did dissapeared, and he seems to have died.

Ellie
Regular

#33 Post by Ellie »

I have mixed feelings about this game in almost all regards. xD But overall I did like it; it's just often easier to say more about issues than the good stuff. But overall I really enjoyed it. Critique:

Story: It was on the 'safe' side, but you pulled it off very well. The only deal I had was that other than Oswald all the stories of the guys follow a very set pattern occasionally making it exceedingly boring for me to replay each guy ('cause I'm like, wait...Haven't I...SEEN THIS BEFORE?!!!).
Characters: They were all distinct which was nice. Some issues I had with my protagonist and other characters, in order of largest to smallest problems:
a) Am I THAT attractive?! : Essentially the issue here, is that every guy falls head over heels for Ms. Player. Which would be okay...If there wasn't that fact that you can completely ignore a lot of them, but they still care way too much about you. If I never talked to someone, I certainly wouldn't 'leave town to avoid getting them hurt, etc etc.' Even if you're outright rude to a lot of them, they still love you obsessively...And it was really weird. It took away the humanity/relatability for a lot of the guys for me. Especially Gil, who hates humans. Maybe he can read your mind; maybe some of them know your situation, but still...>___> It really bothered me.
b) Cain: It upsets me a lot that you just left him out of endings. I really dislike characters that are just 'disposed' of; especially when he has a rather important role in Oswald's stories. He was my..favorite character. xD I kind of wish he was less of a (dare I say it) plot device.
c) TEE HEE. MURDER: .___. The fact that the protagonist had absolutely zero qualms about...Slaughtering the White Lady. The one that helped her...There was no exploration of her guilt, it was just...'Oh! I stabbed her! Tee hee! Now we can be together!' I felt like that was a really quick character change...;___; And...Although it was okay to do it, I do wish you had explored some guilt about it.
Art: Overall I really liked it! It was very cute, and fun. The only real deal I had here was that the CGIs tended to look...Like they were made in a different art style. Which was weaker than the art of the sprites; I usually think CGIs will have more details than the sprites, but these had less; which threw me off. You did utilize digital effects very well in the CGIs which I liked. :]

Overall: A very nice, and long game. I can really see the work you put into it. And although the level of love isn't quite my cup of tea, I did find it fun to play through a few endings. :] Excellent job overall, and huge congrats on the release! I can't wait to see more from you!
Because singing is fun:
Snow Storm (English)

Fandubbing can also be fun:
Shugo Chara Clip

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by lepapillonrouge »

xD But azure
It still hurt to hurt them, especially since I had gotten the three's good endings BEFORE I started getting Oswald's ending.
Oh, and make a Cain-like character next time.

OH YEAH! Speaking of Cain and Oswald...I made this fanart of them. With some other people from another fandom. >D Tee hee.
deviantART
---------------------

#35 Post by Guest »

In regard on many things that don't seem to make sense in this story (For example like how the heroine was embarrassed over White Lady(random stranger on street) ransacking her house to prepare her luggage---instead of calling police....) People who play this should have realized that that's the whole point. This game is what I call pure entertainment. I think if we fixed all the "plot problem", it wouldn't be as entertaining as it was.

For example, the murder of White lady indeed came a bit sudden. I was caught off guard, but I thought it was very funny. I laughed at the part where she kicked the ultimate key away.

The only thing I agree is that there's lack resolution of Cain. Aside from that I think this game has a lot of more heart than many games that I played in Lemmasoft. It's no literature, but it's pure entertainment.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#36 Post by azureXtwilight »

Okay, thanks for everyone's support.
Oh well, I kinda hate to spoil this, but;
The reason why Cain is not much showed is because this guy will have much role in the sequel! Done and done! XD
guest wrote:
In regard on many things that don't seem to make sense in this story (For example like how the heroine was embarrassed over White Lady(random stranger on street) ransacking her house to prepare her luggage---instead of calling police....) People who play this should have realized that that's the whole point. This game is what I call pure entertainment. I think if we fixed all the "plot problem", it wouldn't be as entertaining as it was.

For example, the murder of White lady indeed came a bit sudden. I was caught off guard, but I thought it was very funny. I laughed at the part where she kicked the ultimate key away.
Okay, I do realize that her sudden change of personality is weird... I admit, I was in a rush in making this :oops:
So I'm gonna make that stupid thing dissapear on the sequel!
And this VN is made for entertainment purpose only, I do put the "BAKA BAKA" things on purpose.
lepapillonrouge wrote:OH YEAH! Speaking of Cain and Oswald...I made this fanart of them. With some other people from another fandom. >D Tee hee.
Can I see? :D

Karasu_Noir
Regular

#37 Post by Karasu_Noir »

azureXtwilight wrote:Okay, thanks for everyone's support.
Oh well, I kinda hate to spoil this, but;
The reason why Cain is not much showed is because this guy will have much role in the sequel! Done and done! XD
Oh, is that so? I'm looking forward for his appearance then.
Hope all characters will be back, especially Oswald and The Lady.
A life is a life, there's no need to rush anything.
Just sit back and relax.
But don't take too long.
.............Or darkness will eat you.

Lady_Arthemis

#38 Post by Lady_Arthemis »

I downloaded Fantasia yesterday and played it today.
I admit that I was skeptical when I first played this. I really wasn't sure if I was going to have fun playing it.

It turns out to be the opposite.

It's a great game!
(although the art could need a little improvement :wink: )

I got Ian's ending. . aw. . how adorable. .

I like the music as well, suits the atmosphere. .
Last edited by Lady_Arthemis on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------
a webcomic

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#39 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you!
Yes, when I started making this game, it was the first time I learned to color, too.
So please bear with me for a while, I'll improve! :mrgreen:
I thought I put too many music... But it turns out well, thank you!

#40 Post by Guest »

Just want you to know that I've just played your game! Got Ian's good end, hurhur.
I really like it so far, I'll play more to find out more about it. :D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#41 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thanks!
Just be sure to get the true ending, okay? :mrgreen:

Debra2112
Completed: Another Day
Projects: It's Your Choice... Really(WIP)

#42 Post by Debra2112 »

I LOOOOOOOVED IT :D
I got Ian's good ending! He is so cuuute :!: :oops: xD
I'm going to play it again and try to get Leon's happy ending.
(L) Live life to the fullest (L)

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Hey Hey azure-tan.

On the Border of Life...
This is the fanart I was talking about. It's FTRoT (sorry, need to abbreviate) with Touhou Project <3
>D Oswald may be the Demon Lord, but that only makes him more susceptible to...cross dressing?!
(explanations given in the DA)
deviantART
---------------------

hikari-chan

#44 Post by hikari-chan »

azureXtwilight wrote:Just be sure to get the true ending, okay? :mrgreen:
Okay, I think this is a spoiler, so...
The "Ultimate Dark Ending" is NOT the true ending, right?

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#45 Post by lepapillonrouge »

To Hikari
It's not. But it should be XD Just kidding~
deviantART
---------------------