White Monday [Free] [Drama] [Rated R] [Object Heads]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
arty
Regular
Completed: White Monday
Projects: HATE is a 4 Letter Word
Organization: KATHARSIS ART
itch: artys-games

Re: White Monday [Free] [Drama] [Rated R] [Object Heads]

#16 Post by arty »

@WoLoLoiK I'm glad you liked it!

@Lil Ace Thank you for the kind words! I suppose my writing style is just like that - I don't like dilly-dallying around and focus on what's driving the story (and characters) forward. Life's too short for superfluous words, and a player's time is valuable. :D
As for the VHS thing, I made this game under the assumption that almost no one would play it, tbh, and the ones who would, would be people who are familiar with my worldbuilding. The lore about this is basically
that tank people were actual tanks in their past life, and are reborn as tank heads after their destruction - with the memories of their non-sentient tank life intact. Many are haunted by this.

Regarding the ending I have good news. The one you got is being replaced by a better one very soon.
Its current implementation is just the good ending without the good part
, and I got feedback that something independent with a stronger message would improve the experience. I've already written up the script and am working on the new art while the script is being edited.

As soon as that is done, I will continue working on my second VN project, which will be slightly more elaborate. The premise is that a blind tank head goes to the Bovington Tank Museum with his foster mom for a vacation and to meet a long-time internet friend. But things kinda turn into a clusterfuck when this friend turns out to have a secret and on top of it the main character keeps crossing paths with an arsonist.

arty
Regular

#17 Post by arty »

NEW UPDATE!
I'm super excited to announce this update. Version 1.4 of White Monday comes with a completely new, independent neutral ending. It features brand new CGs and a cool new song that I found. The CGs were added to the extras gallery, too.

The old neutral ending was modified to only appear in conjunction with the good ending now.

I also fixed some issue with the credits that caused them to be cut off. I messed up something while trying to translate them.... for now, they will stay untranslated. I thiiiiink people will survive.

Also included the link to my ko-fi page in the About menu, wink wink nudge nudge

Cheers!

arty
Regular

#18 Post by arty »

White Monday has been downloaded over 100 times now!

Thanks everyone who downloaded! I hope you enjoyed the game. :)

arty
Regular

#19 Post by arty »

UPDATE 1.5 IS OUT!
WHITE MONDAY now has voice acting!

Very excited to announce the latest update of the game - the dialogue is now fully voiced. A big thanks goes to everyone who contributed (some even for free!) to make this happen. Other changes in this version include a small code restructure and further fixes in the German translation as well as a new CG.

Download the game for free here and let me know what you think! :)

arty
Regular

#20 Post by arty »

UPDATE 1.6 IS OUT!
Check out the new custom soundtrack and the Mac version!

Two years after its initial release, I am happy to announce that WHITE MONDAY now has a custom OST and is available for Mac OC as well. The volume of all tracks (including the voice acting) was also remixed and adjusted to improve the experience.
Download it here for free!

Here's the first song of the new OST, you can also find the full playlist here.