Typical [Comedy, romance, otome][16+][Commercial][Complete][Steam]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kalanhow

Typical [Comedy, romance, otome][16+][Commercial][Complete][Steam]

#1 Post by Kalanhow »

HI!
Hooray! "Typical" is now available on Steam!
We are very excited about the release and hope you are as well :)
Have fun playing in Typical~

A romance, comedy Visual Novel - follow the story of Amaterasu.
Amaterasu is a carefree art student in the University of Tokyo Amaterasu who enjoys spending her free time with her friends: the genius-artist Subaru, the friendly senpai Suzuki, and the incomparable Kagari. The quartet of friends are popular and successful at the university, but things are not always as they seem. Teru’s patience is running out. Who will she choose? What is more important: friendship or love? Only you can decide!

Gameplay features:
Female protagonist: Play as Amaterasu, art student in the University of Tokyo
2 charming characters to build relationship with: Romance Suzuki and Subaru
50k+ words with an estimated 5-6 hours of gameplay: A cute and fun set of well written story-lines
Multiple endings: Three main endings based on your choices
Point-and-click minigame: Examine objects in the room
Soundtrack: Enjoy the unique soundtrack composed exclusively for Typical
Beautiful art: 20+ Unlockable CG

kat037

Re: Typical [Comedy, romance, otome][16+][Commercial][Complete][Steam]

#2 Post by kat037 »

I really wanted to enjoy this game. I did enjoy it, until
I reached the end where it's revealed that your friends are horrible people who have been manipulating you for three years. Teru just... accepts this. Every single thing any of her "friends" did was all part of some larger manipulation, and it's supposed to be okay because "we actually like you now" and Teru doesn't seem to realize the extent of it. Teru even points out that they're not listening to her during the final roof confrontation, but... apparently that's fine, because she still decides they're good people. Good people don't do this, Teru! The roof conversation went in circles, and it's obvious that none of the three realized what they did was wrong, no matter what their intentions were. There were sexual scenes with the boys before it's revealed that it's all a ploy. That is so incredibly creepy! Everyone looks terrible by the reveal at the end, and the reveal ruins the game as a result. Kaga and the boys are horrible people and Teru deserves better than them. Looking back I should have listened to my gut feeling at the beginning of the game when Subaru sabotages Teru's confession and manipulates her into becoming his girlfriend and just quit playing.