Heikou

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TheOnlyOneKunobi
Regular
Location: The Call is Coming From Inisde the House....... In England

#31 Post by TheOnlyOneKunobi »

Anonymous wrote:How strange... I saved it and went on, and it didn't work, but after I loaded the save, it went on... wierd, and there was a lot more than I thought. Well, I'll say where it went blank then. Let's see... it goes blank when
Right after Yarrow forces you in the center and stabs you, and the screen blacks out. The last words said are from the main character, saying "...the pain!" Nothing about 'reviving' or 'gaining power' was shown.
...Okay, it seems that whenever I go from start to finish without saving in between, the screen freezes at the above spot. But if I load a savestate, then the game continues and finishes normally. I do have a savestate now, but it works fine, haha.
This kept happening to me as well (although I didn't know about the saving method of doing it, thnks)

Okay, I downloaded this and a load of others from the archive last week and Heikou is the one I've played the most.
16 endings, the Omake and 3 artifacts, I've noticed what Kilkred said happens in the swamp as well but I thought nothing of it.
But what's peeing me off is i've seemed to reach a dead end so to speak, I've done probably most of the yarrow only endings (except the one I was having trouble with) I think I did all the Aliki only endings including 7a/7b and I've done three 3 endings for the bet but I don't think I've had any 2, 4 or 5 endings! It's bugging me now what they could be! I'd appreicate any hints that could be given. I've also found the cameo characters (very nice i thought!) unless there's another in there some where......
Any way for a review of sorts I have to say this has become one of my favorite games now because of the diveristy, first time Yarrow couldn't bring herself to do it and I forgave her but playing again when I had to fight her I tried to turn the tables, a very nice touch I think.
As for characters the gourgous enigma that is Yarrow is a wonderful character that now has a special place in my heart, I fall in love with game characters very easily you see. (this isn't to say Aliki isn't without her charms but she's not my type, although her and Yarrow together is fantastic!)
As for other stuff, I liked the battle system but I've figuered out how to win every battle in one hit when in a party with a little waiting, I reckon Grey will know which attack i'm on about.
The artwork is also a good improvement on Kasuka (I try to say this without being insulting to Kasuka which I also liked)

One last thing I want to ask grey about is the ending 7b:
When you and Aliki go demon and Yarrow kicks yo' ass, was Yarrow meant to look like Taki from Soul Calaibur?
"God and Buddah, if you really do exist please know ........................ YOU ARE BOTH MY ENEMY!"
- Excel Excel

Grey
Veteran

#32 Post by Grey »

Guest: Weird...normally the saves cause problems rather than fix them.

Kunobi:

Ah. The version on the archive site doesn't seem to be the latest (1.0.2.0) version, so that's why the bug hasn't been fixed in it...and the guy whos hosting it has evidently taken it off his site ~_~; I'll try getting the latest version up on the archive.

I'm glad you like the game.
As for characters the gourgous enigma that is Yarrow is a wonderful character that now has a special place in my heart, I fall in love with game characters very easily you see. (this isn't to say Aliki isn't without her charms but she's not my type, although her and Yarrow together is fantastic!)
For me the characters are the most important part of a game, so this comment especially pleases me :D
As for other stuff, I liked the battle system but I've figuered out how to win every battle in one hit when in a party with a little waiting, I reckon Grey will know which attack i'm on about.
The artwork is also a good improvement on Kasuka (I try to say this without being insulting to Kasuka which I also liked)
There's quite a few different ways to do that sort of thing. The higher energy attacks are seriously powerful compared to the lesser attacks though huh?

Thanks for the art comment. Kasuka's artwork looks bad to me now though.

The 7a ending? (I think I labeled it 7 in the credits, because in my mind it's the 'true' 7 ending. )
Nope, I havn't played Soul Calibur, so any similarities are coincidental.

Now endings. The games been out a while now, so I guess I can give some more stuff about the endings away.
Ending 1: 7 variants
Ending 2: Standalone
Ending 3: 5 variants
Ending 4: Standalone
Ending 5: Standalone
Ending 6: 4 variants
Ending 7: 4 variants
Ending 8: 2 variants
Ending 9: Standalone

Also if you havn't realised already in the final battles, dying can lead to different endings rather than just to a game over.

TheOnlyOneKunobi
Regular

#33 Post by TheOnlyOneKunobi »

Okay! Thanks man!
I went on to play it a few more times before reading that post and got four more endings and the rest of the characters in cameo + moon shoot and the last artifact, mirril was c00l use her again!
Also, I hadn't realised that dying unlocks other endings, I had always gone straight back to the title when I died.

*Minor Bug*
When playing moon shot from the main-menu against hard level sheisha after she beat me (DAMN HER!) it took me to half way through the engine Omake, huh?

I figure with only six endings to go I might as well go all the way, has any one else done the whole game?
"God and Buddah, if you really do exist please know ........................ YOU ARE BOTH MY ENEMY!"
- Excel Excel

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#34 Post by mikey »

Heikou is so complex, I am currently on my second wave of playing and I am in the Aliki zone now ^_^. Still, I am nowhere near getting all the endings :? But it's a good thing, you can always come back and play again and again.

Grey
Veteran

#35 Post by Grey »

Hehehe complex.

It would be nice if people who do complete the entire thing could post here (I have no idea if anyone has yet)
...looks like instead of gently discouraging people who beat games within the day they come out I made them freeze up in horror o_o;

Another friggin bug? <_<

*sigh* Can you see if it's repeatable? I never had it while testing, and trying it just now didn't produce any problems, so it could just be a freak thing.

Yeah, dying can sometimes lead to other paths (I wouldn't state it as 'unlocking endings'). It's only in certain boss battles though.

Keep at it :D

TheOnlyOneKunobi
Regular

#36 Post by TheOnlyOneKunobi »

Whhhhhaaaa! Grey! I can't do it! I'm still on 20 outta 26! *sob*
Help me jus' a little! Please!
From what you've told us I'm missing:

3D
3e
6b
7c

I really can't get any where with these! I just keep going around, and around and around etc. I can recite the bet ending with yarrow off by heart! I really need heeelp! Just hints to tell me what I'm missing!

Also I've noticed a potential bug.
*Has anyone noticed that the Gigas doesn't do anything? At all? I mean I've sat there for a few minutes (but not very long) to see if it fights back and for a raging monster it isn't very active.... is this a bug?*

But more important is the help! You know you wanna!
- Excel Excel

Grey
Veteran

#37 Post by Grey »

*sweatdrop*

The Gigas is just very slow to attack. It should do so if you leave it long enough.

OK, a few hints then.
3d: Try being less nice to both girls.
3e: For prudent adventurers rather than romantics.
4. Starring Imp.
6b. Be slightly less nice to Aliki
7c. Be moderately kind to Aliki on route 7.

TheOnlyOneKunobi
Regular

#38 Post by TheOnlyOneKunobi »

Grey wrote:*sweatdrop*

The Gigas is just very slow to attack. It should do so if you leave it long enough.

OK, a few hints then.
3d: Try being less nice to both girls.
3e: For prudent adventurers rather than romantics.
4. Starring Imp.
6b. Be slightly less nice to Aliki
7c. Be moderately kind to Aliki on route 7.
K' spank you very much!
Oh and thanks again for releasing my favorite Ren'Ai game (yes it's offcial!)
also I forgot to comment on the little background poses each girl makes on the bet path during the kiss! Brilliant! :o
- Excel Excel

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#39 Post by kara24601 »

I just played again and this time was more impressed...funny how that works.
Then again I got more endings lately too so that always helps.
*laughs*
I like the story but I don't agree / think that our world or a world like it would be so magicless or whatever.
I like the girls.
Aliki rocks!
Nice use of Anime / rpg logic there ( the less a girl wears the more powerful she is ....lol ) but it'd be nice to see another ren'ai RPG with more realism...( aka in full armor / armor that makes sense ....full body armor can be fashionable too )
I haven't yet gotten all the endings but things turned out easier than I initially thought...
The use of explosions of color to indicate power and status changes ...genius.
Just like commercial rpgs except of course this time we see them in first person view...it's kinda odd at first even if you've played alot of rpgs but like the "dog licking your face" effect in Amgine Park , it grows on you.
The "spider net" was well done too...heck , everything was well done.

I feel like there's so much more I could state but the phrases escape me...hmm..

YWNK

#40 Post by YWNK »

I need help badly. I'm entirely unable to find 1a, 1g, 2, 3d, 3e, 4, 5, 6b, 7a, 7c

If you don’t want to spoil it for every one just PM me I'm desperate

Grey
Veteran

#41 Post by Grey »

Thanks Kunobi and Kara :D

On a sidenote has anyone got all the endings yet?

YWNK. Some of the things you've asked I've hinted at in my previous post directed at Kunobi. The hints should really be all you need to get them.
1a isn't that difficult. Just follow the standard path and be nice to Yarrow.

1g. This follows the 1a path, then deviates at the very end.

3d. On the 3rd storyline focus less on the renai aspect, but more on the choices you would make if you wanted to get back home in one piece.

3e. This is the 'worst' 3 ending. Aim to have none of the gils like you particually by the end.

4 : Explore the options around path 1 some more.

5: Ditto, but try not to let Yarrow keep you on a lead the whole game.

6b: OK path 6 ending. Be a little less kind to Aliki than you were for 6a

7a: Can you really fight Aliki?

7c: Also on the Aliki-demon route, try being less nice to her than you were in b.

RandomGuyOffTheStreet

#42 Post by RandomGuyOffTheStreet »

I'm not sure if anyone's said this already, but are you aware that all the combat sequences can be won by simply pressing [space] very fast for a long time?

TheOnlyOneKunobi
Regular

#43 Post by TheOnlyOneKunobi »

RandomGuyOffTheStreet wrote:I'm not sure if anyone's said this already, but are you aware that all the combat sequences can be won by simply pressing [space] very fast for a long time?
What would be the point? you can end battles even faster if you apply your self and make an effort.
- Excel Excel

Grey
Veteran

#44 Post by Grey »

RandomGuyOffTheStreet wrote:I'm not sure if anyone's said this already, but are you aware that all the combat sequences can be won by simply pressing space very fast for a long time?
Yes, because Space is an action button, and all its doing is attacking every time someone can attack. Theres a likelyhood that you'll end up dying if you use it against certain bosses though.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#45 Post by Blue Lemma »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Awesome awesome cool fun game! I can't believe I waited this long to play it :? I decided I'd play the game for a little while, make it to an ending, and then work on my project... and here it is 5 hours later, and I just now stopped playing! :shock: The number of paths and variations shows how much heart and effort you put into this one, Grey. 8) :D
As usual, I'll give my pro and con feedback ^_^

Good stuff:
+ interesting story
+ tons of endings, lots of replay value
+ many plot branches
+ cool characters
+ battles, yay!
+ save feature
+ secrets!

Not-so-good stuff:
- several typos, misspellings
- a fair amount of plot branches are too hard to find (I had played several times before I even saw Aliki and was getting a little frustrated)
- #&*% that maze can be annoying! :lol:

Lemma: Hey, hey! *runs over to wash Blue's mouth out with soap* :evil:
Blue: Mmm, glycerin... =:-3
Lemma: o_O;

- art quality
All right, this aspect needs a section all its own. I really don't mean to be rude, and I mean no offense from what I say here - I'm seriously trying to help. My very honest opinion is that the poor (character) art quality of the game can easily overshadow all of the story, gameplay, and depth for some people. I know some people who won't play Kasuka, for example, because they take a look at the art and think "ugh, this must be bad." Yes, it's their loss, but it keeps the game from reaching a wider audience. Also, considering that the game's primary location is on the Ren'ai Archives site which has screenshots of all the games, Heikou is at a huge disadvantage compared most of the other games. If Heikou had better art, I am convinced that it could be a much more popular game on the internet and receive the audience and recognition it deserves. Since it's Flash, it might be cool to submit it to Newgrounds or something (if you can make it in the plug-in format or whatever... don't know how it works so maybe I'm just sounding stupid here :P) I know you like to do your own art, and I respect that (heck, look at ToL ^_^ ... my skills could definitely be better)... However, I think you should seriously consider recruiting another artist to redo the characters for the game. The art is the Achilles' heel of your otherwise solid game.

I'm not seeing what mikey wouldn't like, though... I must be missing something :lol: I'm thinking it must be a little ecchi, hee hee :wink:

Lemma: ^__^;
Blue: .... What? 0: )

I haven't been able to get endings 2 or 9... any hints? :wink: