Homecoming - Stop at Nothing! [Comedy/School-Life/GXB] FREE

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
blackcross12
Regular
Completed: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Rose of Segunda, Homecoming, Heaven's Grave,
Projects: Best Friends Forever [IP], The Thorns of War [IP], Rise of the Phoenix [IP]
Organization: Blackcross & Taylor
Tumblr: blackcross-taylor
itch: blackcrosstaylor

Homecoming - Stop at Nothing! [Comedy/School-Life/GXB] FREE

#1 Post by blackcross12 »

Bryony Brice is an Ordinary High School Girl in her Senior year at Halifax High. That is until tragedy strikes and she is left with only a week to become Homecoming Queen.

But that doesn't mean the Halifax Honeys, the school's most popular clique, are going to make it easy for her.

With the help of her best friends, Cat and Sangeeta, can Bryony defeat her rivals and take the crown? And possibly find a boyfriend along the way?

Embark on a tale of popularity and epic battles, where only the strong survive!

Full game features:

Approx 23,000 words
11 varied sprites
5 unique challenges - Prove you're worthy to wear the crown!
3 romance interests
2 endings
Extreme silliness

Writing, coding and direction - Blackcross & Taylor
Sprites and CGs - Johhans
Backgrounds - MakeFox
Proofreaders - nerupuff, Fairfaxleasee, Frances McIsaac

Hello all and Happy Holidays!

'Homecoming - Stop at Nothing' is a game I wrote a while ago and have been finishing off as and when the contributors were free to work on it.

It's is short, funny (I hope! ^_^;) and, best of all, free!

If that sounds like something that you might find entertaining, please find the download links on the main page here https://blackcrosstaylor.itch.io/homecoming.

Thanks for reading and good luck!
Attachments
ss5.png
ss4.jpg
ss3.jpg
ss2.jpg
ss1.jpg
ImageImageImageImageImage

Virelai
Regular

Re: Homecoming - Stop at Nothing! [Comedy/School-Life/GXB] FREE

#2 Post by Virelai »

Hi! I just wanted to say that I had a lot of fun playing this game. I like a game that isn't taken too seriously, and it was super easy to breeze through this entire game. I did come across one technical issue and I'm not sure if it's only for me. I can't seem to rewind/re-read the narration log, so when I click through the text a little too fast sometimes, I can miss what the characters are saying. That's not too big of a deal though since this game is pretty short and sweet.

I have to admit I was pretty confused at some points of the plot.
Like when the MC's parents ended up passing away? I was seriously taken aback and confused because the whole situation breezed by pretty quickly and I couldn't tell if it was a joke or dream or something else. But since this is a comedy, I figured that was just part of it haha.
But honestly I found myself laughing out loud at some parts and it did take some while for me to get used to the craziness of this VN but I really enjoyed it. It was a great laugh.' I think what is especially unique about this is the characters. They're super diverse which is (unfortunately) rare to see in VNs, and even for a short VN, their personalities are well-developed. So props to you! I'm glad you were able to ultimately finish this (-:

P.S. the minigames were also really fun hehe i especially liked the mortal kombat themed fighting sequence

blackcross12
Regular
Completed: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, The Rose of Segunda, Homecoming, Heaven's Grave,
Projects: Best Friends Forever [IP], The Thorns of War [IP], Rise of the Phoenix [IP]
Organization: Blackcross & Taylor
Tumblr: blackcross-taylor
itch: blackcrosstaylor

Re: Homecoming - Stop at Nothing! [Comedy/School-Life/GXB] FREE

#3 Post by blackcross12 »

Hi Virelai and thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to hear you found the game entertaining.

The plot point you mentioned was kind of poking fun at some other otome games and the speed at which MC's get over such tragedies when the love interests show up. So I just had her do it in record time. ^_^

As for the technical issue, so many of the mini-games rely on timing I had to turn off the rollback in order for them to work. I'll probably get around to adding a 'History' screen at some point in the future though for people who missed dialogue.

Ha, I think the background for the fight mini-game is my favourite scene (followed closely by Mei's rap battle - that was a lot of fun to write.)

Thank for playing
ImageImageImageImageImage