Eldritch Academy [GxG Romance/Paranormal][Commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Jackkel Dragon
Veteran
Organization: Nightshade, Team Despair
itch: jackkel-dragon

Eldritch Academy [GxG Romance/Paranormal][Commercial]

#1 Post by Jackkel Dragon »

Solana Academy is a prestigious all-girl boarding school in a remote corner of Japan. Despite its distance from major cities, it never wants for students or funding.

However, the ideal school life at Solana Academy is disrupted by the sudden appearance of grotesque monsters from the formerly sealed-off old dormitory. A chance discovery of magical “petals” leaves four students as the only line of defense against this threat. But as the girls investigate the old dormitory for a way to be rid of the monsters, they begin to uncover a sinister truth regarding their school…

Download the game on itch.io for $12 USD.

Download the game on Steam for $11.99 USD.

Features
  • A romance/paranormal thriller visual novel with horror elements. Yue's choices determine who she becomes close to as she investigates the secrets of her school.
  • Three dateable characters and five total ending routes. Some routes have multiple endings, based on the choices Yue makes.
  • A series of bonus stories after completing the main game. These stories expand on certain endings or characters, or explain details that were unclear in the main story.
Characters
  • Yue Ishikami: The protagonist and viewpoint character. Yue is a first-year at Solana Academy that has few friends due to her abrasive and standoffish personality.
  • Kasumi Kawamura: Yue’s classmate. Kasumi prefers spending time with her friends to studying, and she has a reputation for being an airhead. She spends a lot of time with Yue, to the latter's annoyance.
  • Cho Fukuda: Yue’s classmate. Cho has been pegged as a tomboy because she wears uniform pants instead of a skirt, but this illusion is broken quickly by anyone who takes the time to talk to her.
  • Akomi Miyazaki: A first-year at Solana Academy. Akomi is known for two things: enjoying food and making perverted comments. She seems to be able to make a lewd joke from just about anything.
  • Kagami Nakayama: A first-year at Solana Academy. Kagami is usually quiet, and when she does talk she tends to use formal address and a carefully selected vocabulary. She often wears a scarf, even when it isn’t cold.
  • Misaki Asahara: A second-year at Solana Academy. Misaki has known Kasumi for years, and they have recently begun dating. She is outgoing and friendly, always looking for new friends.
  • Junka Fujikawa: An instructor at Solana Academy. While young, she is a competent teacher and does her best to make sure her students do well in their classes.
  • Machi Hirata: The school nurse at Solana Academy. While she acts cold and cynical, she doesn’t hesitate to help students that come to her for treatment.
Credits

Nightshade
Written and Designed by Jackkel Dragon
Character Designs by Hollie Moir

Art
Daphinteresting
Nii
potouto
emihaumut
Misaki
Margaret Chylak
rakatb
kimagure After
Minikle

Sound
SENTIVE.NET (SLOS)
Taira Komori
Various Freesound Users

Testing
Chronicles
Blackcross
Zelan
Last edited by Jackkel Dragon on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Main Website
Includes information about and links to many of my current and past projects.

Major Game Projects
[Nightshade] Eldritch Academy, Eldritch University, Blooming Nightshade, Flowering Nightshade, Life as Designed
[Team Despair] Corpse Party D2 series

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Eldritch Academy [GxG Romance/Paranormal][Commercial]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Oh hey!! I'm so glad to see you released this. Congratulations on finishing. ^_^ Hopefully I'm able to purchase it soon, it'll be really cool to see it with the finalized art and everything.

Jackkel Dragon
Veteran

#3 Post by Jackkel Dragon »

I've been working on putting together a Steam release for the game, which is looking to happen sometime in either March or April. A link to the Steam store page is now in the opening post.
Main Website

Major Game Projects
[Nightshade] Eldritch Academy, Eldritch University, Blooming Nightshade, Flowering Nightshade, Life as Designed

Jackkel Dragon
Veteran

#4 Post by Jackkel Dragon »

Just a few days left until the Steam release; the plan is to go live sometime on the 22nd of March.
Main Website

Major Game Projects

Jackkel Dragon
Veteran

#5 Post by Jackkel Dragon »

Eldritch Academy is now live on Steam! (An hour early, but still.) The game has a 10% launch discount, and the itch.io version will also have a 10% sale for roughly the same period. The itch.io sale will begin in about an hour, but the Steam discount is live now.

I hope people enjoy the game!
Main Website

Major Game Projects

Jackkel Dragon
Veteran

#6 Post by Jackkel Dragon »

For those who have an interest in discussing Eldritch Academy or would like to ask questions about how the game came to be the way it is, I've set up a new Discord server focused on my projects. Aside from channels for Eldritch Academy and Eldritch University, it also has channels for my other writing and game projects that have been released. I encourage people to check it out!

Discord Invite
Main Website

Major Game Projects