Tailor Tales [GxB] Fashion & Romance | FREE

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Celianna
Veteran

Tailor Tales [GxB] Fashion & Romance | FREE

#1 Post by Celianna »

Neil and Dimitri's full route are now out!
The rest will be coming in the future, one by one.

Get Tailor Tales Plus through Patreon
ImageImage
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

SilentSiren

Re: Tailor Tales [GxB] Fashion & Romance | FREE

#2 Post by SilentSiren »

I just wanted to say that Neil's route ran smoothly on my Mac, save for the MC creation error at the beginning, which was fixed by opening the game through the "nwjs" file.

Virelai
Regular

#3 Post by Virelai »

This is such a cool cool game! I think the mechanics are really fantastic. I must admit though, since there is no clear "Menu," it can be really confusing to navigate and adjust the settings for the game. It took some fiddling for me to discover that there's a section where you can save and switch between characters. I think if somehow you made the menu more clear, perhaps making a distinct menu button, or reorganizing the way the home page is set after each chapter is completed, it would make the gameplay much smoother.

The idea of making clothes for clients is really unique and it adds a nice depth to the game. What I appreciate the most is that the currency in the game is realistic. You don't have to grind for a long time and make clothing for clients just to complete a chapter, but you still have those required quests that make you want to complete outfits for clients every once in a while. Sometimes, the navigation for purchasing and designing the clothes can be confusing, especially once you start getting into hemlines and shapes of skirts. It took me a while to find specific colors and designs for the outfit. I think what might help is labeling the colors / patterns of the clothing, or even providing hints through the client's messages. i.e. "I'd like to wear a cyan blue skirt to my friend's birthday party."

I played through both Neil and Dimitri's route and I enjoyed both of them a lot. I really like how each character has a different story, and at least for these two routes that are out, none of the scenarios coincide so it's really fresh and exciting to play a new route. The CG's are really nice, and the animations on the character's eyes and mouth are a nice touch.

In terms of how the game runs, it runs really smoothly for me. I'm playing on a PC and both routes never encountered any lags in loading new chapters or the menu for designing clothes. The menu, like i said before, is a little strange and I had a weird cut that happened between the first loading screen to the screen where you see the main character, but that might just be a transition glitch.

Overall, I really enjoyed the game and I can't wait to see other routes come out! I will definitely recommend this to my peers. (-:

Celianna
Veteran

#4 Post by Celianna »

The game has been updated to include a checklist for clients! You can now tell what's missing if you don't know what the client wants. This should make your life easier :)

I'm also working on expanding the designing aspect of the game, adding a new mechanic where you enter fashion events to design something according to requirements (it's more free than important clients), allowing you to earn special clothes to add to your collection. It's currently still in the planning stages though.
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.