Schwatz! [Simulation] [Experimental] [AI] [Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Karl_C
Veteran

Schwatz! [Simulation] [Experimental] [AI] [Free]

#1 Post by Karl_C »

schwatz4.jpeg
Plot: A new cool chat client is out. It connects via the dark web anonymously with random people worldwide and leaves no digital traces (at least it is said so). And it's completely free. At first, everything looks as usual, but the longer you use this chat client, the more strange your conversation partners behave. What's behind all this? It's up to you to find out.

Technical: At the beginning it was simply a test. I wanted to find out, if it is possible to use a chat bot and to advance the story (talking with chat bots is boooring after 5min max.). 'Schwatz!' is now a (generated) kinetic novel for most of the time, until it branches out at the very end. So the result was: Yes, it's possible.

History: The game was nearly finished approx. two years ago, then I lost interest and never looked at it again. Two weeks ago I found the project by coincidence on my hard disk and thought that at least it could be useful as an example for somebody. So I cleaned it up a bit, looked for a name ('Schwatz' is German slang for 'chat') and build distributions. As I used GPL assets, the game is released under the GPL too. If somebody wants to look at the code: All sources are included.

Playtime is approx. 1h 15min. Don't be fooled, your answers will matter and the story will definately advance and come to an end.

Download