The Queen of Blackwood High ♕ [GxG][Commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Yulia
Regular
Completed: Luna Piena ~Descent into Darkness~ | Every Day's Different | AOGTSR | Possessions | Reflections ~Dreams & Reality~ | SSWK | The Queen of Blackwood High | Mizari Loves Company
Projects: Honey Trap | Sweet As Magic
Organization: Crystal Compass
itch: crystal-compass

The Queen of Blackwood High ♕ [GxG][Commercial]

#1 Post by Yulia »

Hello! I'm Wes, the head writer and co-director of The Queen of Blackwood High, developed by RhinoGearz! I'm super excited to share that this game is finally released today! It's been a year-long journey working alongside Brandon (developer) to create this game, if you would like to learn more please check it out!

What is it about? ♕
It's a slice-of-life story revolving around our protagonist Brooke, who transfers to a new school trying to turn over a new leaf. Little does she know that this school will change her life forever when she crosses paths with Kendra, the 'Queen' of Blackwood High. It's a light-hearted GxG (Yuri) visual novel that has two different routes (friendship/romance), and depending on your choices you could give them the happy ending they deserve!

Steam Page ♕
The Queen of Blackwood High

Summary ♕
Having decided to switch schools due to bullying and trouble making friends, Brooke, a girl new to Blackwood High, again finds herself the main target of bullying by another girl after she accidentally ruins her shirt. The girl, Kendra, is known as The 'Queen' of Blackwood High because of how she practically rules over all her classmates through fear. Brooke, sick of bullies, stands up for herself this time and for those that Kendra picks on too. She also gets the feeling that there may be more to Kendra than just a mean, cruel girl. Throughout her senior year at Blackwood, she slowly gets to know Kendra, discovering parts of Kendra she never expected—and parts of herself she wasn't aware of either.

Characters ♕

Brooke ♕
She's the main character of the story. Brooke hates bullying because of her experience with it, but knows that situations are usually more complex than they first appear. She tries to get through to Kendra, despite being warned by her new friend Molly that she shouldn't willingly subject herself to more of Kendra's cruelty.

Kendra ♕
The 'Queen' of Blackwood High. She earned the nickname due to her cruel and bossy treatment towards her fellow students, especially with females. After Brooke ruins her shirt, Kendra decides to take out her anger and frustration on the girl by picking on her whenever she can. Unfortunately for her, Brooke has a way of constantly leaving her speechless with the things she says and what she does.

Molly ♕
With dreams of becoming a photographer, Molly is a kind girl who befriends Brooke the instant she sees her about to enter the school on her first day. She's a little shy, tending to avoid conflict with the mean girls in the school as much as she can.

Courtney ♕
As Kendra's best friend, Courtney is always right beside her when they're keeping the other students in line. Courtney isn't particularly fond of the new girl, especially when Kendra becomes so focused on her.

Features ♕
  • GxG/Yuri
  • Visual novel with choices that affect the story
  • Two routes (Friendship and Romance)
  • Good and Bad endings for both routes
  • Multiple CGs!
  • 90k+ words
  • 3-5 Hours of gameplay

Thank you for checking out this post! Working on this game has been an absolute pleasure and one of my biggest projects to date. As a visual novel developer and aspiring writer I'm incredibly thankful for this opportunity to direct and write for this game. If a light-hearted budding romance (or friendship) between two girls with their own rough pasts seems to interest you, then please try out this visual novel! ♕
Last edited by Yulia on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wes (Crystal Compass)
~ Writer, Art Director, Narrative Designer, Developer ~

ImageImage
ImageImage

DoubleEdge
Completed: My Life as a Maiden, Artificial Mansion, The Queen of Blackwood High, Within a Rose, Dimension of Monster Girls
Organization: RhinoGearz

Re: The Queen of Blackwood High ♕ [GxG][Commercial]

#2 Post by DoubleEdge »

The game has now officially released!

Wes is such a great writer/director to work with. She was very communicative and was full of ideas. It was an absolute pleasure. After nearly a year like she said, we have a completed game showing the growing relationship between characters we've become attached to.

renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Bistro Days, BTS Universe Story, Ova Magica, Every Day's Different, etc.

Re: The Queen of Blackwood High ♕ [GxG][Commercial]

#3 Post by renkka »

After playing The Queen of Blackwood High, I can't recommend it enough. It's lighthearted with a refreshing balance of sweet and bitter. Wes is a great storyteller, and I found myself getting more attached to the characters and their stories than I expected (and even developed an appreciation for Courtney, who's probably my favorite character). I personally really enjoyed the friendship route and the bad endings for both routes. Would definitely look for anyone searching for an enjoyable 3-5 hour gameplay experience!
Renkka
Writer, Editor, Narrative Designer