Page 1 of 1

The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:03 pm
by undertone09
Title: The Game -Chapter One-
Download Windows: http://depositfiles.com/files/p7i99t3wz
Download Mac:
Download Linux:
Hardware Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 7, Whatever Mac uses, same for Linux
Rating: 17+ for violence, suggestive content, language.
Playtime: 15 minutes
Release Date: July 11, 2009
Sypnopsis: What if you were forced to participate in a fight to the death against people from school? What if you found out that your parents allowed it? This is the case for 20 students now trying to survive and be the last one standing.
Website: This is where I will host it eventually after I get everything set up: http://www.undertone09.webs.com
Image

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:41 am
by Somebody
I'm sorry... but I think the idea is almost the same as Battle Royale...

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:28 am
by Tsuki-chan
Of course, the idea is not unique (the idea of Battle Royale itself being either directly derived from, or derived from something else that was derived from, an old short story titled 'The Most Dangerous Game'), but I've never come across a visual novel utilizing it.

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:12 am
by V2Blast
I await a Mac link.

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:42 am
by Wintermoon
Tsuki-chan wrote:Of course, the idea is not unique (the idea of Battle Royale itself being either directly derived from, or derived from something else that was derived from, an old short story title 'The Most Dangerous Game'), but I've never come across a visual novel utilizing it.
I don't see the connection. People being forced to fight each other to the death is a timeless idea. It was ancient when the Romans had their gladiator fights, which actually happened. It is not, however, an idea that appears in 'The Most Dangerous Game' (which had a completely different scenario: one armed man hunting one unarmed man for sport).

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:26 am
by Aashtarsrain
Yeah, and I'm pretty sure Eve hit Adam with that apple too, but what would be more interesting is some kind of a review... :cry: Seems I just can't download it from this link, though I'd like to have a look at it. :wink:

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:02 pm
by Tsuki-chan
Wintermoon wrote:I don't see the connection. People being forced to fight each other to the death is a timeless idea. It was ancient when the Romans had their gladiator fights, which actually happened. It is not, however, an idea that appears in 'The Most Dangerous Game' (which had a completely different scenario: one armed man hunting one unarmed man for sport).
Actually, come to think of it, you're right...xDD;
I suppose I can see why my mind immediately connected 'man hunting man' to 'group of people fighting each other to the death for some else's amusement'. Regardless, though, there actually is a host of movies with the latter theme, one of which being (aside from Battle Royale) The Condemned.

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:56 pm
by steve
its a good beginning but wouldn't this be more towards a demo than a chapter? Its pretty short.

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:36 pm
by undertone09
I forgot the mac/linux link. Those will be included in the final release. The final release includes a newly designed interface (see file) and the first chapter. I realized that I should just go ahead and make the whole frickin thing since people seem to not want it released in chapters.
Thanks for the feedback.

AND I think you will all like where I head immediately after the first afternoon. Or during it. It scared the shit out of me while writing it.

Not only is the main menu redesigned (fully custom (thank you Sanya for the help)) but I have also added a music room, a custom dialouge box, and some other cool shit.

I am currently on Day 1 Night.

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:33 am
by dott.Piergiorgio
I don't see the connection. People being forced to fight each other to the death is a timeless idea. It was ancient when the Romans had their gladiator fights, which actually happened. It is not, however, an idea that appears in 'The Most Dangerous Game' (which had a completely different scenario: one armed man hunting one unarmed man for sport).
I was to post the same (with more direct knowledge, being only 230 Km from the Urbs and also having the priviledge & Honour of my birth certificate having the header "Comune di Roma - S.P.Q.R.".....

So i limit myself to saying that one of the major venues of this "sport" is still standing, but I guess this is more than well-known..

Best regards from Italy,
Dott. Piergiorgio.

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:34 am
by Alphonse
Damn it! I wanted to be the one to make a game called "The Game", for the sole purpose of causing people to lose The Game (if you don't know about The Game, go to "losethegame.com". To put it shortly, if you think about The Game, you lose.) But still...damn. And I just lost and I was having a winning streak too!

Well, I can still make a comic called The Game.

I must remember to play this when I get home from vacation as this isn't my computer. Even though I've heard the concept a lot before, I've never heard of it done with...school. And why do their parents allow this again?! I mean, wouldn't it make sense if their parents didn't know the whole truth or something? Or if they didn't know at all?

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:01 pm
by undertone09
Alphonse wrote:Damn it! I wanted to be the one to make a game called "The Game", for the sole purpose of causing people to lose The Game (if you don't know about The Game, go to "losethegame.com". To put it shortly, if you think about The Game, you lose.) But still...damn. And I just lost and I was having a winning streak too!

Well, I can still make a comic called The Game.

I must remember to play this when I get home from vacation as this isn't my computer. Even though I've heard the concept a lot before, I've never heard of it done with...school. And why do their parents allow this again?! I mean, wouldn't it make sense if their parents didn't know the whole truth or something? Or if they didn't know at all?
Oh I am QUITE familiar with "the game". Damn internet. But about the parents. That is explained.

Now, an update. I have finished the first day!
Only six more to go!
I should probably move this thread somewhere else...cause I keep bumping it...

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=5489
New Thread

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:35 am
by V2Blast
Damn you, Alphonse! *shakes fist angrily* :evil:

Bah, I suppose I'll have to wait until the final release, then.