An Encounter ~In The Rain~ [IntRenAiMo][Linear][Partial Voice][Friendship]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

An Encounter ~In The Rain~ [IntRenAiMo][Linear][Partial Voice][Friendship]

#1 Post by Kokoro Hane »

"A girl with a terminal illness stands in the rain, wishing for it to take her. Feeling as if she's a ghost, another girl takes notice and offers her umbrella."

An Encounter ~In The Rain~ is a short but sweet inspirational visual novel about hope and friendship discovered on a rainy day.

FEATURES:
2,700+ words in length
Linear novel with 1 choice, 1 ending
Minor voice clips at beginning
Original character art by Lienai
3 event CGs

DEV NOTES:
Hello! So back in 2017, this was a little NaNoRenO project that I released only as a beta. For awhile, it just sat there, even after all the sprites got finished lol. All I had to do to finish this project was replace the placeholders with their original sprites, sprinkle some voice work (I did that instead of full voice acting as originally planned), and code the CG Gallery. Walla! It's done! I wanted to write an inspirational piece, and although it's short, I hope it makes you feel hopeful on a down day. Please enjoy~ If not, then thanks for giving it a chance! ^^

DOWNLOAD FOR FREE:
itch.io [latest version 1.1]
GameJolt [old 1.0 version]
Last edited by Kokoro Hane on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

J-Ray
Regular

Re: An Encounter ~In The Rain~ [IntRenAiMo][Linear][Partial Voice][Friendship]

#2 Post by J-Ray »

I like the idea... Going to download on Itch.io right now!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

#3 Post by Kokoro Hane »

J-Ray wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:27 pm I like the idea... Going to download on Itch.io right now!
Cool, hope you enjoy~
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I had updated this back in March but forgot to announce it in this thread. There were some updates I had been meaning to do, and finally got around to it!

Here's the full changelog:
- Added "Music Room" to the Extras section of the game (this was the code I initially had trouble with, so I scrapped it in the original -- now you can enjoy listening to all 6 beautiful tracks that plays in-game)
- Removed an unneeded credit (there was one song in the original build I actually never used, so not only was it a deadweight file, it never even played--so I removed the name of the composer for that one)
- Changed the credits to show and hide text with dissolve and renpy.pause statements so they flow on their own without clicking (the original used the centered statement and you had to click to proceed)
- Added 1 extra sound effect (an opening umbrella sound)
- Leveled two of the music tracks that were much louder than the others to a more suitable volume to better match up with the others
- Adjusted text box padding to be spaced out a little further from Van's side sprite (originally it was a little bit too close -- the screenshot has also been updated to reflect this fix)

Aaaaand..... that's all! Very simple update. I also updated the main page to say the wordcount is around 2,700 words instead of 2,600 which is a lot more accurate (no, dialogue still remains unaltered, so nothing new was added, I just rechecked lint). Despite how short and simple this piece is, it is actually one of my favorites and very dear to me, and I hope you feel blessed and inspired by it!!
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Just for fun, as a means to archive my earlier dev work, I decided to also post the unfinished 2013 version of the game, which differs quite a bit during Van and Natty's third meeting onward. We are also introduced to a third character, Akiyo, and the original version used Tokudaya sprites.

https://tofu-sheets-visual.itch.io/an-e ... iginal-ver

List of differences between versions (spoilers ahoy!); https://tofu-sheets-visual.itch.io/an-e ... d-versions
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"