(Don't) Open Your Eyes [NaNoRenO2019][Horror][Short][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Via01
itch: via01

(Don't) Open Your Eyes [NaNoRenO2019][Horror][Short][Free]

#1 Post by Via01 »

Synopsis

You are trying to fall asleep.
In the midst of a silent night, a shadowy being approches your bed.
You can't see it... but across the darkness of your eyelids, a silhuette forms nonetheless.
It seeks one thing: for you to open your eyes, and tell them how they look.
Will you comply? Or will you refuse to see them for what they are?
The choice is yours.

"(Don't) Open Your Eyes" is a short, horror-themed Visual Novel about a midnight encounter with a mysterious being. Through conversation, you'll learn more about them, such as their journey so far, or what they think about themselves. And every now and then, it'll make a simple request out of you: to open your eyes.

It's up to you whether to open your eyes or not. It's up to you to believe if they're really there, or if that whispering voice is only a part of your imagination. Just don't keep your visitor waiting for too long.

Features:
  • chilling tale about a creature's eternal search.
  • Fully-voiced experience.
  • Choose how the creature looks like at specific points in the story, with up to 27 possible combinations. Try them all for extra dialogue!
  • Multiple endings depending on your choices.
  • A succint experience, between 30 minutes and 1 hour in length.
You can download it here: https://via01.itch.io/dont-open-your-eyes

Dev Notes:

Since the project was completed, I thought it'd be good to post it here, for visibility's sake. I started a bit late and today was the last day I could actually put some work on it (last day within March, that is) so I definitely cut it close... but it was ultimately a good experience to participate in NaNoRenO2019, and I hope the end product of my effort is to your fancy.