Charles 2.0 [Nanoreno 2019][BxB][Mystery]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
bobconway
Regular
Completed: Whale's Waldo, Xenopathy, YAGS
Projects: http://bobcgames.com
Tumblr: bobcgames
itch: bobcgames

Charles 2.0 [Nanoreno 2019][BxB][Mystery]

#1 Post by bobconway » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:02 am

Wolfscade and I (Bob) have finished and released our game for Nanoreno 2019!

Charles 2.0 is a bit of a departure from my usual romance/dating fare. Play as the President of the United States... except you have no memory of who you are. Talk to the press and interact with your spouse and assistant without arousing suspicion. Can you successfully pass as the President for a day?

The game is free to download at https://wolfscade.itch.io/charles20 and features approximately 12,000 words, 6 endings, and 2 CGs.

(It also features man-on-man sex and an optional patch to remove the censoring, if that's your thing.)

Here's some screenshots. We'd love to hear what you think, if you check it out.

See my other games here or find me on Twitter

ilyilaice
Regular
Completed: Flights of Fancy
Tumblr: hurtinghabits
Deviantart: ilyilaice
itch: ilyilaice

Re: Charles 2.0 [Nanoreno 2019][BxB][Mystery]

#2 Post by ilyilaice » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:24 pm

Love the concept of this game so much! <3 It's like nothing I've ever played before. I love the blend of political intrigue and the utter confusion of being thrown into a situation you're gobsmackingly ill-equipped for. It feels like a nightmare come to life!

The character art is gorgeous -- all the guys look so good! And even the agent looks badass! I've played Yearning before this and I wasn't able to tell you how much I appreciated it. Its earnestness and diversity and wholesome exploration of sexuality and coming out. All those A+++ qualities can also be found in this game. You've won a pan fan in me! <3 (I mean I'm pansexual. LOL.)

I'm having a hard time getting the second and last endings, as well as the last CG. I've replayed quite a few times, but what can I say, I don't have the talent to be a convincing politician, I guess. OTL Maybe I'll just wait for a Let's Play or walkthrough.

To sum it up, stellar job to this team! <3 Writing, art, UI, polish -- I have no issues with anything whatsoever, and I'm excited to see your future games! Thanks for sharing this wonderful game with us.

bobconway
Regular
Completed: Whale's Waldo, Xenopathy, YAGS
Projects: http://bobcgames.com
Tumblr: bobcgames
itch: bobcgames

#3 Post by bobconway » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:50 am

ilyilaice wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:24 pm
I'm having a hard time getting the second and last endings, as well as the last CG. I've replayed quite a few times, but what can I say, I don't have the talent to be a convincing politician, I guess. OTL Maybe I'll just wait for a Let's Play or walkthrough.
Thanks for the comments! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The endings are arranged roughly in order of how "good" of a Charles you are (basically, how well you do during the game). The second CG is a threesome that requires you to do well in the press conference.

At the questioning section at the beginning, ask a bunch of questions about the attack itself, and remember that new questions may appear once you've asked others. That should give you enough information for the press conference, remembering that Charles is unusually transparent for a politician. Then with Lorenzo, remember that he carries his blunt attitude over to his personal relationships as well, and that Lorenzo appreciates that of him.

I've been meaning to write up a full walkthrough... maybe I'll make a devlog for that today. :)

Edit: Here https://wolfscade.itch.io/charles20/dev ... alkthrough

See my other games here or find me on Twitter

ilyilaice
Regular
Completed: Flights of Fancy
Tumblr: hurtinghabits
Deviantart: ilyilaice
itch: ilyilaice

#4 Post by ilyilaice » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:33 am

bobconway wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:50 am
ilyilaice wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:24 pm
Edit: Here https://wolfscade.itch.io/charles20/dev ... alkthrough
Thank you so much for linking the walkthrough! I was finally able to achieve all the endings. That last CG is just *____* (in other words, my eyes sparkled with unbridled happiness). The best ending is truly perfect.

Also, I understand now why I struggled so badly to achieve all the endings. I'm too much of a "yes man" when it comes to picking answers -- always trying to pick whatever sounds the sweetest, most patient, and most sensitive. I've played way too many dating sims in which those answers led to the true endings. In this case, I neglected to consider the actual personality of Charles. It's definitely refreshing to see an honest and blunt main character get the happiest ending possible.

Once again, I love this game. Kudos to the team for releasing such an amazing VN! :D

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#5 Post by JBShields » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Art looks impressive

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy, Tour de Paseban
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 1
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID

#6 Post by tiya_nofurita » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:13 am

Screenshot looks nice and the premise is interesting. Will not hurt to check it out
Ongoing project :

"For what reason I live?"

"What will you see when you die?"

Priscilla658

#7 Post by Priscilla658 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 am

I'm too much of a "yes man" when it comes to picking answers -- always trying to pick whatever sounds the sweetest, download kodi most patient, and most sensitive. I've played way too many dating sims in which those answers led to the true endings. In this case, I neglected to consider the actual personality of Charles.