Fetch Quest [GxB] [Romance] [Comedy] [Free] [NaNo2019]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
HitOrMissy
Regular
Tumblr: HitOrMissy

Fetch Quest [GxB] [Romance] [Comedy] [Free] [NaNo2019]

#1 Post by HitOrMissy »

Download on itch.io!

Summary
Would-be adventurer Flora accepts a job to retrieve a stolen item for a shady bartender. In order to retrieve the item, she'll have to infiltrate a group of notorious bandits by posing as a new recruit. Fortunately, she has the help of two other adventurers. UNfortunately, her companions seem completely useless without her!

According to the strangely vocal narrator, this would have gone more smoothly if everyone had remembered to make their characters beforehand...

Features
-A GxB story with 2 love interests
-13k words (around an hour total playtime)
-9 endings (6 "bad" ends, 3 normal endings)
-Only 1 internet meme

Screenshots

About
This is a super short otome game I made for NaNoRenO 2019! It's my first full, released game.

nerupuff
Veteran

Re: Fetch Quest [GxB] [Romance] [Comedy] [Free] [NaNo2019]

#2 Post by nerupuff »

Aaaaaah, congrats! Been looking forward to this ever since I saw your post on the Nano WIP thread! Admittedly though, I haven't gotten to playing it yet, but it's sitting comfortably in my downloads folder. Trust me, I'll play it as soon as the weekend comes (just a bit busy with school lol).

Gonna let you know how it goes once I finish! <3
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

HitOrMissy
Regular

#3 Post by HitOrMissy »

Thanks for looking forward to it! Please take your time :)

I also wanted to thank you for the constant encouragement on my WIP thread. It really helped keep me motivated!

HitOrMissy
Regular

#4 Post by HitOrMissy »

The game has been updated with music and sound. You no longer have to play it in silence, yay!

jaydalyn
Completed: Ghost Flower Octopus, A Simple Date, text me your kink
itch: jaydalyn

#5 Post by jaydalyn »

I feel like I've seen this before, did you upload it somewhere else?
'My candle burns at both ends;It will not last the night;But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!'

HitOrMissy
Regular

#6 Post by HitOrMissy »

jaydalyn wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:05 pm I feel like I've seen this before, did you upload it somewhere else?
I’ve only ever uploaded it on itch.io. Maybe you’ve seen me link to it on other forums/social media?

jaydalyn
Completed: Ghost Flower Octopus, A Simple Date, text me your kink
itch: jaydalyn

#7 Post by jaydalyn »

I must have see it on itch when I was browsing for games and just forgot. I think I wanted to try it but didn't have the space on my notebook... like now. It looks really fun though, as soon as I can get a proper computer I'm going to play it.
'My candle burns at both ends;It will not last the night;But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!'

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#8 Post by Zelan »

I enjoyed this game a lot! (Even without sound lmao, I played it before the update came out.) I've only played D&D once myself, and it wasn't a very long or involved game, but I have a lot of friends who are avid players so I'm at least aware of how filled with hijinks it tends to be so this seemed like a perfect representation of that. (Especially those bad ends, lmao. I took my time searching for all of them because they were a lot of fun!)

I liked both of the love interests but I tend to skew towards Lawful or Neutral Good so naturally Connor was my favorite. <3

Awesome job on this game!

HitOrMissy
Regular

#9 Post by HitOrMissy »

I’m glad you enjoyed the bad ends! They were fun to write.
Zelan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:20 pm I liked both of the love interests but I tend to skew towards Lawful or Neutral Good so naturally Connor was my favorite. <3
Connor is much more popular than I expected him to be! I’m happy other people appreciate the grumpy nerd.

nefferinthia
Regular

#10 Post by nefferinthia »

This game was really fun and funny! Your writing feels so effortless, and all characters were distinct and likable in their own ways. I look forward to playing more of your games!

HitOrMissy
Regular

#11 Post by HitOrMissy »

Harumi Fujyoshi wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:27 pm This game was really fun and funny! Your writing feels so effortless, and all characters were distinct and likable in their own ways. I look forward to playing more of your games!
Ah, thank you so much! Writing is the hardest part for me, so it’s good to hear that it comes off as effortless XD

Mutive
Veteran
Completed: Eidolon, Minion!, Love Furever, Epilogue

#12 Post by Mutive »

I was initially drawn to this for the artwork, but loved the cute and funny storyline. It's a short VN, but that only gives me a reason to replay it a few dozen times. Thanks for the many chuckles!
Enjoy Eidolon, my free to play game at: https://mutive.itch.io/eidolon, Minion! at: https://mutive.itch.io/minion or Epilogue at: https://mutive.itch.io/epilogue

HitOrMissy
Regular

#13 Post by HitOrMissy »

Mutive wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:09 pm I was initially drawn to this for the artwork, but loved the cute and funny storyline. It's a short VN, but that only gives me a reason to replay it a few dozen times. Thanks for the many chuckles!
I replied to your comment on itch, but I figured I should respond here too. Thanks for playing!

Mutive
Veteran
Completed: Eidolon, Minion!, Love Furever, Epilogue

#14 Post by Mutive »

You're most welcome! It was a fun game, so my pleasure to play!
Enjoy Eidolon, my free to play game at: https://mutive.itch.io/eidolon, Minion! at: https://mutive.itch.io/minion or Epilogue at: https://mutive.itch.io/epilogue

SilviaGreen

#15 Post by SilviaGreen »

I played! I got the worst ending. I clearly suck. :( But it was a fun game and hopefully I'll do better next time! Thank you for making and sharing!