Click Here For Love: Reconnected!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mew151
Projects: Unbeatable Battles (Pre-production)

Click Here For Love: Reconnected!

#1 Post by Mew151 »

Click Here For Love just got more personal! Play as 2-3 different characters as you help Lil Niva, Leyna, and Annie save their popular dating website, 'Click Here For Love'.
Now, users can decide what to do each day in order to win one of the girls...but things aren't so easy!
White has only 7 days to prove his worth...or else the evil Anthoknight will take his place...

Do you have what it takes?

Basic game stats

Title: Click Here For Love: Reconnected
Download page: http://pikasite.mew151.net/product.php?id=6
Requirements: Windows 2000 and up, Mac OS X 10.4 and up, and Linux x86
Rating: 13+ for some perverted scenes

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

Re: Click Here For Love: Reconnected!

#2 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

That was amusing. I would have preferred more on Anthoknight, and perhaps more of a challenge (I had to purposely fail to get the bad ending), but that just because I prefer more complex games in general. overall a nice game.

V2Blast
Regular

#3 Post by V2Blast »

Just downloaded this and the first one (I assume it's the first one, anyway :P).
Pie is delicious.

Wormwood

#4 Post by Wormwood »

The filtered backgrounds are somewhat distracting from your art. As a user, I would have almost preferred something simple drawn by you (or even a white background) than the picture you filtered for the opening segment. The scene where Annie and White meet was on a white background, and I thought it was pretty charming. Also, the red text was hard to red over your text box graphic. A white font with a black outline might have been easier on the eyes.

There is an unsettling point of view confusion at the start. Am I White or Annie? I think the user is playing as White, but there was some first-person narration from one of the sisters that suggests otherwise. If you want Annie to be the narrator, maybe you could have the game play as a flashback from her memory.

Also, is White helping them fund Click for Love? I thought they needed cash for their domain, but he seems to be keen on programming. Is it a pay site or an altruistic free dating site? I wish there was a little more exposition.

It would be really cool if the game screen was contained by a frame that looked like a mobile device, like a computer phone. I caught on that a lot of the interaction was via computer; so it could really heighten the excitement if the user had to build up to an actual meeting with one of the girls.

I was a bit surprised with the inclusion of the painting workshop. It seems out of character for White, who is a famous programmer, to pick up painting without any explanation. I think if there was an out of story reason for his interest in art (or even a conscious decision to impress Leyna) it would make more sense.
The Anthoknight ending seems to also be in first person. I was a bit confused by his sudden appearance as a rival, by his lack of a sprite, and by his ending which almost makes it seem like Anthoknight is White's split personality--which would have been an interesting twist.
This game really needs some more exposition. By the time I was getting into it, it was over and I was left with too many questions.

The girls were pretty intresting--I really liked Annie for some reason--but the decisions I made in the game seemed to be superficial. I never felt like I was really making any marked progress on the site even when I was researching code or checking up on the forums. I thought working on the site was the coolest part of the game and would really liked to have seen more of it.

It would be nice if you could actually view the site. This maybe too complicated to code, but as a plot device it would be cool if the site change a little based on whichever girl / skill your focus was on. For instance, if I spent all my time in the painting workshop, the site would have better graphics. If I spent a lot of time programming, it would have a better navigation system, etc. The overall goal would be to at least raise the site to a certain level in all areas as not to get the bad ending, but the endings with the girls would be based on effort above and beyond the call of duty.

One last thing...

Moar Anthoknight PLZ? I really think the rivalry could have been an awesome plot point.

I think this game has a lot of potential, and I really like the idea a whole lot. Makes me wonder what the first installment was like and if there is going to be a third.

animagic4u
Projects: Unbeatable Battles (Pre-Production)

#5 Post by animagic4u »

Wormwood, thanks for your comment. (Mew151 and I made this game together, so he posted it)

The reason the game was a little iffy, is more than anything it was a test of things we could do with Ren'py.
Hopefully in the future we'll use some of your ideas in a newer installment. ;D

Thanks for your ideas!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by gekiganwing »

Looking at your site, Mew151, it seems you've already made a comic, a VN called Cradle Song, and a rough version of Click Here for Love. I'll give these a chance once I get a few minutes.

Until then, be aware that I have odd weaknesses for certain first names. "Annie" is one of those names. It's a totally normal name, so I'm not sure why...

animagic4u
Projects: Unbeatable Battles (Pre-Production)

#7 Post by animagic4u »

Gekiganwing, thanks for checking us out!~

Believe it or not, I'm the "inspiration" for the character, Annie, so I hope you like her.
^^;; Don't mind our other projects, hahaha, I'm the artist and main programmer, and I'm still not very good.

Mew151

#8 Post by Mew151 »

I'm the secondary programmer (and Musician :D ), but we're in pre-production of another VN. I'll be doing a major part of the coding in that VN.

I was thinking of making a Cradle Song thread, but decided to make this one first, as it's our newest release. :)

The rough version of Click Here For Love was more of a demo. It was our first VN, and probably takes under 5 minutes to play. Don't mind it. :|

V2Blast
Regular

#9 Post by V2Blast »

Noticing your username, animagic4u, it's kind of obvious to anyone who played the first game. :P

Yeah, I noticed that CHFL 1 was much shorter. Not much more content in this one, though. Taking art classes seems kinda random, considering he's programming a website. Speaking of which, I'm not sure how he'd help support their site besides paying for it. I'm also not sure how they can see each other while interacting on a computer through text. The progress made in the game doesn't really feel like progress (just random happenings each day), and
just doing the positive action in each encounter with a girl allowed me to successfully pick any of them at the end
. Also,
Anthoknight doesn't seem to play any real role in the story, besides the girls suddenly giving White a 1-week limit without any apparent reason
. Basically, not too much of an improvement on the first.

Oh yeah, and all the women are dressed in overly revealing clothing. You know, a bit more so than girls in these VNs usually are.
Pie is delicious.

Mew151

#10 Post by Mew151 »

V2Blast wrote:and
just doing the positive action in each encounter with a girl allowed me to successfully pick any of them at the end
Yeah, we got lazy at the end.