Home's Embrace [Nano2019] [Horror, Romance, GxB, 17+, Partial VO]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bed Time, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

Home's Embrace [Nano2019] [Horror, Romance, GxB, 17+, Partial VO]

#1 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:20 pm

Download on Itchio.

Rated 17+, Gore, Disturbing Sounds

​​Headphone Users are recommended to lower the volume

Summary

Luana's best friend Waite has inherited his deceased Aunt Nelda's home, and now that they've graduated college they're moving in. On the first night, they're woken up by the sound of doors opening and closing. After searching the nearby room, they find a strange guy inside. He claims the house belongs to him and both of them shouldn't be there. However, Waite drags him out and tries to throw him out the front door.

When he goes to open the door, instead of the front lawn, is a room covered in cobwebs with claw marks on the wall. When they try to return to the bedroom, they find themselves in a hallway instead, shadowy hands grasping at their bodies.

Every door they open leads to another room, some repeating, some even twisting.

Will Luana ever be able to leave her new home with Waite and their unexpected guest?

Characters

Our Main Character

Luana

Had a bit of a rough childhood, but never let any bullies get to her. Tries to keep a cool head to keep Waite in line.

Love Interests

Waite

Luana's best friend ever since she stuck up for him. Distrustful of others, willing to start fights over trivial things.

The Trespasser

Pops up in the middle of the night. With his claims of ownership, both Luana and Waite believe he's crazy.

Our Team

Sunlit-Dreamer: Writer, Programmer
Fungii: Sprite Artist, Main CG Artist, Backgrounds, Proofreader
Camy: Logo Artist
D.ray: Composer, Audio Producer
ezbreezy: Voice Actress
Sonomura: Voice Actor
Travallian: GUI Artist, CG Artist, Backgrounds, Voice Actor, Q&A

Report any bugs or chat with us on our Discord!

Twitter

Enjoy everyone!
Last edited by Sunlit-Dreamer on Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImageImage

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

Re: Re: Home's Embrace [Nano2019] [Horror, Romance, GxB, 17+, Partial VO]

#2 Post by illuminate001 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi Sunlit,

So initially I was just looking through all the completed games from this years Nanoreno to see if any caught my eye. I was immediately grabbed by "Home's Embrace"s cute chibi-ish art. Then I noticed the [Horror] tag, and I was intrigued. The art style, on the surface, didn't strike me as matching something "Horror" especially if there is Gore.

But I love the art style and the synopsis makes me want to try it! Also I noticed all your games are Horror, and I want to try Printing Your Skin next. :)

I haven't tried either yet (Im so totally busy with a new job rn) but when I do, I'd love to bounce back and leave a message here with my thoughts. Cheers!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bed Time, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

Re: Re: Home's Embrace [Nano2019] [Horror, Romance, GxB, 17+, Partial VO]

#3 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:42 am

illuminate001 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:06 pm
Hi Sunlit,

So initially I was just looking through all the completed games from this years Nanoreno to see if any caught my eye. I was immediately grabbed by "Home's Embrace"s cute chibi-ish art. Then I noticed the [Horror] tag, and I was intrigued. The art style, on the surface, didn't strike me as matching something "Horror" especially if there is Gore.

But I love the art style and the synopsis makes me want to try it! Also I noticed all your games are Horror, and I want to try Printing Your Skin next. :)

I haven't tried either yet (Im so totally busy with a new job rn) but when I do, I'd love to bounce back and leave a message here with my thoughts. Cheers!
Yes, let Fungii's art draw you iiiiin~

I hope our nano lives up to your expectations once you have freetime to read it! (And I do enjoy writing horror, hahahaha.)
Image ImageImageImage