Bionic Heart - released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Bionic Heart - released!

#1 Post by jack_norton »

Well finally the game is finished!! :)

Quick Promo:
London, 2099. The earth isn't what it used to be anymore. Incredible climate changes have corrupted the weather, causing a permanent rain on most of the Earth's surface. You play the role of Luke Black, a 36-year-old bio-informatic engineer. He is one of the lead programmers at Nanotech, a big nanotechnology research company.
But one night, his life is changed forever when he encounters Tanya. Who is she? What does she wants from Luke?

Official website: http://www.bionicheartgame.com

Special thanks to the cast that voiced the game, that you can find here:
http://www.bionicheartgame.com/cast.php

A few screenshots:
Image Image Image Image

And as always first 50 sales can use this coupon: BIPZ0509T to get a 30% discount ;)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

Re: Bionic Heart - released!

#2 Post by Aashtarsrain »

:D Bought it ! I was expecting it today and I was right ! Well, let's play !!!!!!!

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#3 Post by sake-bento »

Yossha! I've been looking forward to this for a while, so I'm happy to see that it's been released. ^-^

It took me five tries before I got a "good" end. It's tricky trying to figure out all the right stuff to do. D: The art is great, and the story really changes quite a bit depending on your choices. I like the navigation system quite a bit. It adds a nice layer of interactivity that gives the player a lot more control. Fun stuff.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks :) well there are probably more "bad" endings than "good" ones. And there's one really hard to get "happy ending" that also requires some relationship values beside making the right choices :mrgreen:
computer games

Aashtarsrain
Regular

#5 Post by Aashtarsrain »

EDIT :wink:
:D This game is SO good : great mystery plot, original characters full of surprises, tremendously immersive (and complete !) voice acting, lots of different moods (delightful romance comedy, action, suspense, tragedy...), wonderful directing and witty art, meaningful choices and gameplay, references for every taste (
M.Shelley's Frankenstein, Blade Runner, Elfen Lied...
) and breathtaking replay value with so many endings !
2009's favourite so far, as expected and so much more : IMAO, E-X-C-E-P-T-I-O-N-A-L !
Last edited by Aashtarsrain on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by jack_norton »

Glad you like it!! 8)
I think is my best game so far either. I'm just hoping people won't even play it just because for the "sci-fi" theme (I'm thinking mainly women, since notoriously they don't like much sci-fi but prefer fantasy). I'm confident enough if people play the demo, they'll be interested in the fullgame, but I know many people that just make judgement on settings etc. That's why I am referring it to as "space opera" as a girl friend of mine suggested, to avoid the cursed word "sci-fi" :)
computer games

Harabec

#7 Post by Harabec »

Bought the game yesterday and I've been enjoying it alot. Still trying to figure out any possible methods on getting the three remaining endings I need though. So many choices where I have no clue if they're important or not, heh.

I do have a question about a conversation, however, but I'll put it in spoilers just in case people care about figuring things out on their own.
After asking Tanya to tell Helen the truth in chapter 3, Helen runs off saying she never wants to see Luke again. The next day and the days after, whenever I try to go to Helen's store, Helen will just say "Luke?" and then it'll go back to the holomap. Is that supposed to happen or is that a bug?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by jack_norton »

Ah sorry, it should say that, and another sentence to push you out of her shop :mrgreen: will fix it even for the story doesn't matter much, she doesn't want to see you anymore.
computer games

Aashtarsrain
Regular

#9 Post by Aashtarsrain »

:shock:
Still trying to figure out any possible methods on getting the three remaining endings I need
I've already spent two days on it trying all kinds of choices, saving and loading and there are still TEN endings left in my gallery :lol: !!!! I'm having so much fun with this ! I've just begun writing down the full map of events and choices : I WANT all the endings !!! :wink:

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#10 Post by MaiMai »

I played through the demo and I am very impressed with the voice acting. I think without it, I wouldn't have had much patience just reading. But the graphics were very nice! Wish I could buy this game, sigh what is having money.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

ameet

#11 Post by ameet »

I bought the full game and I'm having a lot of fun with it! :D I've still got 4 endings left. I love the whole Blade Runner atmosphere. Great artwork.

This is definitely my favorite English language VN. 8)

ameet

#12 Post by ameet »

Hmmm... one ending left... the last one... This one's tough...

I really hope you make a sequel to this game. 8)

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by jack_norton »

Initially wasn't sure: however now I think I could definitely do a sequel :)
Was thinking, would be more fun to play as Tanya herself in the sequel? Could open up new gameplay perspectives.
computer games

ameet

#14 Post by ameet »

jack_norton wrote:Initially wasn't sure: however now I think I could definitely do a sequel :)
Was thinking, would be more fun to play as Tanya herself in the sequel? Could open up new gameplay perspectives.
yeah, playing as Tanya could be fun. Or maybe playing as a police officer... I think there are lots of possibilities.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by jack_norton »

Since got many request for the last ending, I'm going to post some info here (with spoiler of course).
To get that one you need:
if attributes[Ptanya]>50 and attributes[Phelen]>60:
so 50 relationship with Tanya and 60 with Helen

In practice this can be accomplished for Helen quite easily (tell her you want to live with her, do well when she comes to make the surprise dinner, etc).
For Tanya is a bit more difficult since there are several points where you can change her relationship into positive one, but still is possible, for example:
1."You like her" (when you meet her) +10
2."Reassure her about your intentions" (when you pick the gun in your bedroom) +5
3."Ask if she was worried about you" (if you stay at Helen in chapter3 and then go back to your house) +5
4."Flirt with Tanya" (when she kisses you) +15
5."Try with kind manners" (when she has the bathroom crisis) +5

considering you start with relationship at 30, you just need the 1 and 4 to have relationship >50, so being able to get the "Happy Ending" one :)
Ah to get that one you must pick "Helen must know everything" dialogue. Ok that's enough hints for now!
computer games