Bionic Heart - released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
elmoz

Re: Bionic Heart - released!

#61 Post by elmoz »

Sorry For D-P but:
There isn't anyone still...
How Do I Get Julia Interwiew?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#62 Post by jack_norton »

IF you BOUGHT the game, you would know who to contact for help... :x
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#63 Post by Enerccio »

I'm sorry. Is there any particular reason why should anyone who has questions, even when he BOUGHT a game, always use support email? Actually, using support email for bullshit like this is not very much preferred by any serious gaming company, thats why he might rather approach community with question like that.

Your outburst was totally uncalled for.
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#64 Post by papillon »

His outburst is because there's someone on a well-known pirate forum who after finally managing to get an illegal copy of the game (which he'd been begging for for weeks) got stuck on exactly that question and posted that question multiple times to THAT forum.

Seeing someone new register to this forum and post the same question multiple times made him suspicious.

Sure, there's a chance it's not the same user. It could just be Rampant Paranoia. But it's not as completely random as it seemed.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#65 Post by jack_norton »

Exactly what papillon says. I am VERY kind to my customers (as any of them could confirm) so if you see me replying that way, it really means something is wrong :mrgreen:
computer games

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#66 Post by Enerccio »

Even so.
You got no proof that it's the same person. You can make such a post on that pirate forum wherever that is, which would be all okay. Here, it feels kinda, like you are totally crushed that someone (one person) pirated your game and he is asking for help with it, which totally enraged you..... and after you see what papillon said, how he was eager to play that game, even if by illegal means, it means that he is fan of your works, even though he can't pay...
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#67 Post by JinzouTamashii »

I love doing work for free, it makes me feel fulfilled.

If someone buys even ONE copy then my work is done. =)
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#68 Post by jack_norton »

Enerccio wrote:how he was eager to play that game, even if by illegal means, it means that he is fan of your works, even though he can't pay...
CAN'T or "WON'T" ? and yes I know there are many fans of my work judging how popular they are on that warez forum! :lol: problem they don't understand (I hope) that what they're doing could prevent me from releasing new games in future. I'm not a greedy capitalist going around in Ferrari, just a single dev struggling to make a living, with 11 cats, 2 dogs and a rabbit to feed, who monthly donates to Kiva and does "in general" good stuff. So they should really support me!

Jokes apart, what I meant by my original post is that there are plenty of walkthrough/tutorials on LEGIT sites like hanako or my own forums, places he should be familiar with if he bought the game...anyway, he can just email/PM me like many others did (much easier to email the original author than post in a forum anonymously), and I'll help him. But I am sure he won't :mrgreen:
computer games

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#69 Post by papillon »

If someone buys even ONE copy then my work is done
Unless I'm selling that one copy for a pretty ridiculous price, one copy is not even going to pay for the art and music put into the game, much less buying my food and paying my rent.

I would quite happily distribute games for free if I got everything I needed for free too...
he was eager to play that game, even if by illegal means, it means that he is fan of your works, even though he can't pay...
Honestly, this can be *more* offensive.

It doesn't matter to me if someone who has no interest in my games but just likes to crack stuff to show that they can, cracks my stuff. They weren't going to be customers anyway.

It doesn't matter to me if someone who's never heard of me spots my game on a pirate site and downloads it to see what it's about. There's a chance that they'll get interested and be brought into the genre. They might even become customers in the future.

It's truly obnoxious if someone goes around claiming to be a 'big fan' and then goes around begging people to steal stuff for them rather than making ANY effort to support the creation of the work they claim to love. Even worse if they intentionally waste the creator's time by demanding personal support for something they've stolen. To top it off, some of them send really nasty personal messages to the developers telling them what terrible people they are for selling the thing they're a "big fan" of!

There are polite pirates in the world and I don't get bent out of shape about them. There are even polite people who explain that they can't buy the game and ask nicely for alternate methods. I personally run contests to give stuff away free because I know not everyone can pay.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#70 Post by jack_norton »

I agree 100% on what papillon just said, and:
papillon wrote: There are polite pirates in the world and I don't get bent out of shape about them. There are even polite people who explain that they can't buy the game and ask nicely for alternate methods. I personally run contests to give stuff away free because I know not everyone can pay.
that's the problem, the "bad people" sometimes stress us so much that we are actually more harsh and/or less patient with people that maybe are honest and sincere.
Last edited by jack_norton on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
computer games

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#71 Post by LVUER »

jack_norton wrote:..., but I doubted her story about being unable to connect to internet for 1+ month because of weather. Why? Because it seemed an excuse...
Actually, depending on the country she lives... it could be true. Some several East Asian countries hit hard lately and some city even devastated beyond recovery. Heck, even my internet connection, which my city even didn't hit by any disaster, got heavily disturbed by the weather (got disconnected every two minutes or so).

But then again, since I don't know the true story, I can't really say much. And I don't back her up or something (I don't even know her name).

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#72 Post by jack_norton »

edit: removed my rant :)
Last edited by jack_norton on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
computer games

Ren

#73 Post by Ren »

Well, my PC (and with it, the ability to go on Internet without going to another city - because I lived in a small town, in Italy) got fried by a thunder, once, and it took me some time to be able to buy a new one.
At the same time, I was having horrible problems with Telecom and their modems frying (thunders, yeah... ;_; ) more than once, so I kinda sympathise.

Sometimes fate just hates us...

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#74 Post by LVUER »

Ren wrote:Well, my PC (and with it, the ability to go on Internet without going to another city - because I lived in a small town, in Italy) got fried by a thunder, once, and it took me some time to be able to buy a new one.
At the same time, I was having horrible problems with Telecom and their modems frying (thunders, yeah... ;_; ) more than once, so I kinda sympathise.

Sometimes fate just hates us...
My house was hit by a thunder two times.
One: it hit the satellite dish on top of our house (though there are lots higher building around our house). Luckily, it didn't fried any important electronic device. Yay for a good breaker ^_^
Two: it hit telephone pole and enter via telephone line that located right in front of our house 0_0 Man, I was really surprised at that time. Everyone could see the lightning bolt! And just before that, I was turning on my PC and modem. That time, luckily again, only my internal modem got fried... and luckily again, I got a free replacement from the store.

I don't know I'm lucky or not (two times hit by a lightning without any major (or even minor, minus one cheap modem) damage...

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#75 Post by JinzouTamashii »

You can technically "be" anyone on the internet but cameras don't lie... or reflections or shadows...
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com