Bionic Heart - released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Bionic Heart - released!

#31 Post by jack_norton »

Yeah well my bad, I somehow thought they wrote "lots of grammar mistakes" instead was actually "few". I'm sure there are still few grammar mistakes in the game :oops:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Preludian
Regular

#32 Post by Preludian »

Great stuff jake, just bought your game. Now all I need is time to play it :) Wish you good luck and many many sellings.

BTW, IMHO your website could use some more graphics and eye catching elements. A little more information about the story wouldn't hurt too ;)

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#33 Post by jack_norton »

Preludian wrote: BTW, IMHO your website could use some more graphics and eye catching elements. A little more information about the story wouldn't hurt too ;)
You mean the game website:
http://www.bionicheartgame.com/
or the page at Tycoon Games:
http://www.tycoongames.eu/adventures/bionicheart.php
they seem to have both many screenshots (the official page as even videos) and story description ?
computer games

Preludian
Regular

#34 Post by Preludian »

I mean the page at http://www.bionicheartgame.com/. This is visually unpleasant. Quite on the contrary I like the http://www.tycoongames.eu/adventures/bionicheart.php site very much. A nice welcome with story, well formatted, graphics/screenshots, demo download and purchase option, everything there. I wouldn't have hesitated so much when I bought your game ;) Finally it was because of the demo and because I wanted to support what you do. With the tycoon site it would have been a no brainer...

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#35 Post by jack_norton »

Ah ok, well normally I direct all people to the tycoon site indeed. I just bought that domain to put up a few pages and for SEO reasons, but nothing else :mrgreen:
computer games

Preludian
Regular

#36 Post by Preludian »

jack_norton wrote:Ah ok, well normally I direct all people to the tycoon site indeed. I just bought that domain to put up a few pages and for SEO reasons, but nothing else :mrgreen:
Ah ok, this is good, hopefully you will not loose more customers than gaining through your seo trick :)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#37 Post by papillon »

People's level of tolerance for fuzzy grammar varies wildly. Most native English speakers don't have perfect grammar EITHER, and many videogames have at least some problems, so many players can completely overlook little mistakes and others find them seriously annoying. (I find mistakes made by clearly native speakers more irritating than things made weird by foreign tongues. For instance, people who get "discreet" and "discrete" mixed up hit my berzerk button.)

The Mac Monday reviewer was not impressed with the writing, alas. :) VN is a highly controversial game-style!

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#38 Post by jack_norton »

LOL that was one of the best reviews ever!! :lol:
Seriously, I care nothing about what other people say (otherwise I wouldn't be doing this job). In 5 years I have still to receive some good review from any website, in the beginning I remember I was getting angry, then I realized all I care is the feedback of my beloved customers/supporters, and are MANY 8)

Not to brag: just to show that *someone* liked my game, I quote an email from a person who bought it (one of the many I got):
The artwork is superb and the voice acting very decent although unfortunately some dialogue does suffer from some background hiss. The atmosphere is wonderful and the whole presentation beyond what I was expecting. I then did something very out of character not too long into the game, I didn't even bother finishing the trial, I headed straight to your website to buy the game without a single hesitation even though I was originally only after a time killer. You had won me over and I needed the actual game.

I even remember when I stopped to get myself dinner, I found myself anxious to get back to the game afterwards to find out what would happen next. The most shocking thing, I was playing being as loyal and true to Helen as she was Luke's girlfriend to find myself with a very early and shocking ending with her being murdered... it blew me away... I wasn't expecting something like this in the slightest. So I played again and made different choices and found you really do get attached to these characters.

It is incredible how compelling of a game you have created. My all time favourite game is one I played way back repeatedly back in the mid '90s for the Sega Mega-CD called Snatcher, funnily enough another anime game heavily influenced by Blade Runner. While I don't think I will ever live to love a game as much as Snatcher, my first day impression of Bionic Heart tells me that it will be one of my all time favourites. As it is I want to earn more endings right now but it is already late so I better call it a night.

Congratulations on such a great game.
Since is written in good english, I can't have made this up myself :mrgreen:
computer games

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#39 Post by sake-bento »

Well, reviewers are meant to come down harsher on things that the average person. But I think that your games are steadily improving. I'll do my best to make sure they can't launch similar complaints about The Flower Shop. ^_-

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#40 Post by jack_norton »

sake-bento wrote:Well, reviewers are meant to come down harsher on things that the average person. But I think that your games are steadily improving. I'll do my best to make sure they can't launch similar complaints about The Flower Shop. ^_-
Well beside that, is the ONLY PERSON that didn't say "the art is great".
If the writing has mistakes, doesn't mean the art automatically is crap! If that reviewer wanted to be impartial he/she is clearly doing a very poor job.
Anyway, I'm sure the new games will be better with a great writer/proofreader like you! I dare them to say "the writing is poor and has many mistakes", unless it's a template they have ready for all my games :mrgreen:
computer games

Jake
Support Hero

#41 Post by Jake »

papillon wrote:I find mistakes made by clearly native speakers more irritating than things made weird by foreign tongues.
Likewise, as it goes - I have serious trouble taking someone seriously when they switch "you're" and "your", for example, which is something non-native speakers barely ever do...
papillon wrote: The Mac Monday reviewer was not impressed with the writing, alas. :) VN is a highly controversial game-style!
So unimpressed that they linked to another game's demo at the end of the article!
jack_norton wrote: Well beside that, is the ONLY PERSON that didn't say "the art is great".
Well, allow me to be a second; it's not terrible, but it's not "great" either. The artist you've been using for these recent games of yours has a bit of an odd style; while they're fairly good at rendering (which is already more than enough to impress pretty much anyone who can't draw themselves) they have a couple of odd habits in anatomy and features which make their people rather strange to look at, to me.

Although, that said, all I noticed art-wise in the article Papillon linked to was a comment about the architectural style... and it's certainly fair to say that none of the BGs I've seen from this game look like living spaces or work spaces; none of them are well-enough lit, instead they all look like nightclubs with dark colours and neon.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#42 Post by jack_norton »

Lol I didn't notice it! So they weren't even able to properly link to the game demo!! What a waste! Some "journalists" really should change job hahaha.
Fair enough about the art - it's about personal tastes, for me is great, but I understand some might prefer other styles.
But if you read the whole review, for that "Akela Talamasca" there is NOTHING in the game that is DECENT (I'm not talking great/good, just something above the TOTAL CRAP level). Even voice acting!!!! Everyone said it was at least "OK" (many said it was good).
I am ok with people saying that my games sucks, however I think that reviewer lacked completely of politeness. No need to be rude like that, IMHO :) Was like if someone forced him to review/play my game and as revenge, he spitted insults through the whole review!! :lol:
computer games

kratos_arawn

#43 Post by kratos_arawn »

Hmm... maybe you should just simmer down and not pay attention to those negative comments.

You are selling your games to the public after all. Let the critics say whatever and just prove them wrong with your next release. Any reaction you post publicly (even here) just serves to reward their efforts since you actually paid attention to their otherwise irrelevant complaints.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#44 Post by jack_norton »

Yes you're right. I only wanted to reply to Jake about the art, since he's a polite person, but then got carried away again when saw the wrong download link. Won't look at that review anymore :lol:
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#45 Post by jack_norton »

A nice review at last :)
http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment ... and-linux/
Bionic Heart is easily Tycoon Games’ best visual novel so far. First of all, there’s full voice acting. And, even better, that voice acting is pretty darn good.
(just to reassure my voiceover actors about how did their job)
computer games