As We Know It [GxB][GxG][post-apocalyptic|romance|drama][Otome|Yuri|Visual novel]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

As We Know It [GxB][GxG][post-apocalyptic|romance|drama][Otome|Yuri|Visual novel]

#1 Post by Scribbles »

As We Know It

The full game is now available for purchase at Itch.io and Steam!

Itch.io

Steam

You can pick up adorable merch here!

As We Know It is a post-apocalyptic visual novel with heavy branching. Set in a future where the world has become too hot to be safe. Those who can, move underground. You get to experience life as a new resident of Camden, the local underground oasis. Get a job, make friends, find love. Just as you start to get used to this new, protected life everything begins to fall apart.

Will you fight on the side of chaos or structure? And how will that affect all of your relationships?

Make friends. Make enemies. Everything you do matters.
Features:
  • Become friends, or enemies with a diverse, fully fleshed out set of characters!
  • Branching paths from day one, making each playthrough unique
  • Every path promises different sides of the story, encouraging replay
  • 4 potential love interests
  • 3 potential friends
  • 4 career options with separate events outside of the love interests
  • Spend time with any- and everyone, no matter who you romance, or which job you pick
  • Customize your name and appearance (different skin tones and hair colors)
  • Over 135,000 words long
  • 30 unique endings
Camden
An underground utopia with fresh food, filtered air, and the coldest water you’ll ever taste. Enjoy your spacious living quarters with enough room for the whole family! We have all the amenities you could ever dream of: a gym for your fitness, a library for your mind, and a bar for socializing. Our community center is a hub of activity. Stop by in the mornings for affordable coffee and a friendly chat with your neighbors. All events and meetings are held there as well!

Our massive space is taken up mostly by an impressive collection of greenhouses that provide a wealth of resources for Camden. From clothing to medicine, if we can grow it then it’s here. Never worry about fatal power outages again. We use an advanced Geothermal energy system that is as safe as it is efficient. Our impressive security and medical departments keep us protected and healthy.

Camden welcomes you to your new, better life.

You play as Ashlynn Phillips. Ashlynn is suspicious, but desperate to make this new life work. Her life on the surface was hard. She spent most of it fighting for everything and going without. Now she's safe. Her mother is safe. They have food, water, and shelter. Nothing will get in the way of that ever again, if she has anything to say about it. Or will she change her mind when she sees just what living in Camden can mean?

Camila Phillips - Your mother, despite her airy optimistic nature you know she’s seen some very dark times. You can hear her whimper in her sleep, though she’ll vehemently deny it. Shes content to read romantic stories and daydream until reality catches her attention.

Mayor Rick Davidson - The man in charge. Will do whatever it takes to ensure Camden's future success and prosperity. Many of the residents are enamored with the charming mayor, but he seems to have finally taken a personal interest in the doe-eyed Camila Phillips.

Jude Myers
You can usually find him at the bar with Sam, the closest thing to family he has left. Or in the greenhouse tending to the plants with loud grunge music from the 1990s shaking the walls. If you see him with any tech, you should probably assume it’s contraband and say nothing. Romanceable

Eva Turner
An overly friendly security officer full of charm, and a sad smile. She'll tackle criminals all day, and then sweep you into her arms and sing karaoke with you all night. Or she’ll challenge you to a race, then feel bad that she didn’t let you win. Romanceable

Gloria Miller
The sweet Community Affairs Supervisor who wants to keep everyone's spirits up in these dark times. Born in Camden she isn't fully aware of the harsh realities of the surface. Bored of living underground she wants to either shake things up or escape. Romanceable

Micah Everett
A perfectionist with an eloquent way of speaking, and a quiet voice. Can seem distant at first, but will open up as you get to know him. Tries to throw himself into work as much as possible, and as the community’s head doctor no one tries to stop him. Romanceable

Vince
Head of security, strict at work, but a caring and sensitive father and friend. Adores his daughter, single but not looking (Sorry Iris), acts as a father figure to Eva, good sense of humor

Tabby
Sweet little Tabby, likes to study in the gym. 8 years old. Lonely. Smarter than other kids her age. She may think you’re a bit dumb, but is happy to tutor you. Friendable

Iris
A man crazy flirt with a big smile and a lot of sass. Fun, outgoing, likes just about everyone but her ex. Acts like the southern-belle of Camden.

Sam
Bad-ass bartender who's been to hell and back. Runs Icarus. Took a young Jude in when she was 17 and they have been family ever since. Don’t steal from her or she will stab you. No really. A lot of attitude and sass. Protective of her loved ones. Friendable

Bryan
Handsome, charming, friendly, and utterly useless at his job. Has a huge crush on the grumpy librarian, and spends his time at the library when he isn’t napping at work.

Trevor
Grumpy librarian, not a people-person, may like Bryan more than he seems to, likes books and hates people, would prefer if you just never went to the library ever, dislikes Gloria Miller. Friendable

Background art:

GUI:

Screenshots:

Credits:
  • Development, Writing, Programming: Me (Scribbles)
  • Collaborator: PMscenarios
  • Sprite Art and Illustrator: Kate Frizzell
  • Logo and GUI Artwork: Sasquatchii
  • Background Art: Exit Mothership
  • Music: Matthew Myers
Content Warning
  • Drug and alcohol use and abuse
  • Violence
  • Mild suggestive content
  • Stressful situations
  • Death
Everything is still being planned out and worked on! I will update periodically. Feedback would be great, and feel free to ask questions!
Last edited by Scribbles on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image - Image -Image

mabsart
Completed: Making of Conquerors, Succubi Don't Do Housework
Projects: Pike's Reach
Tumblr: mabsart
Deviantart: tacotits
Soundcloud: mabsart
itch: mabsart

Re: As We Know It [GxB][GxG][post-apocalyptic|romance|drama][Otome|Yuri|Visual novel]

#2 Post by mabsart »

I absolutely love the diversity of the cast and how customizable the main character is. Also post-apocalyptic yuri??? Count me in. Definitely gonna give this a go when I have a chance. Amazing work!!

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: As We Know It [GxB][GxG][post-apocalyptic|romance|drama][Otome|Yuri|Visual novel]

#3 Post by Scribbles »

mabsart wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:55 am I absolutely love the diversity of the cast and how customizable the main character is. Also post-apocalyptic yuri??? Count me in. Definitely gonna give this a go when I have a chance. Amazing work!!
thanks! I worked really hard on it :D
Image - Image -Image

keelan

#4 Post by keelan »

Oh hey, I remember this! Jude was my favourite in the demo. Great work; I'm happy to see it's out now~

Just a small side note on the Steam page: it'd be good to tag it as a 'visual novel' so it can reach out to its niche audience :)

I hope it goes well!!

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Scribbles »

keelan wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:35 pm Oh hey, I remember this! Jude was my favourite in the demo. Great work; I'm happy to see it's out now~

Just a small side note on the Steam page: it'd be good to tag it as a 'visual novel' so it can reach out to its niche audience :)

I hope it goes well!!
I will try to tag it as that! But sometimes Steam doesn't care what I tag my games as lol I'll apply a tag but it won't bother showing up.
Image - Image -Image

txqina
Regular

#6 Post by txqina »

Congrats on releasing the game, hope it goes well.

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Scribbles »

txqina wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 am Congrats on releasing the game, hope it goes well.
Thanks so much!
Image - Image -Image

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#8 Post by papillon »

Scribbles wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:16 am
keelan wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:35 pm Oh hey, I remember this! Jude was my favourite in the demo. Great work; I'm happy to see it's out now~

I hope it goes well!!
I will try to tag it as that! But sometimes Steam doesn't care what I tag my games as lol I'll apply a tag but it won't bother showing up.
Developer-submitted tags become visible automatically only if submitted before the game launches, iirc. After that, your submission only counts the same as a player, so more than just you will have to tag for it to show up.

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Scribbles »

papillon wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:12 am
Scribbles wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:16 am

I hope it goes well!!
Developer-submitted tags become visible automatically only if submitted before the game launches, iirc. After that, your submission only counts the same as a player, so more than just you will have to tag for it to show up.
oh thanks for letting me know! I thought it would only let me use the generic tags I'll have to see if I can add other ones for next time :D
Image - Image -Image

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Scribbles »

updated with a link to the redbubble store! Pick up a cute mug or tshirt <3 you can find them here!
Image - Image -Image